NEurope
Cube

Your Last Game

Castle of Illusion HD ( PSN )

Quality little platformer with some amazing music. The fact the Sully does the narration is also a bonus. :D

Some of the platforming near the end was outstanding, with the castle breaking apart and you having to make perfect jumps. It also reminded me of Banjo Kazooie, having to climb the tower only to have to face a witch that rhymed when she spoke. :D

I happened upon news of this games existence during the summer - maybe via the Gameinformer Test Chamber. It didn't come to the Wii U did it? Crazy decision if thats still the case. :o Mickey + Toki Tori + Ducktales would be such a great combo.

@Magnus, was Devil Survivor engaging for those 100h? I've never played any of them. (yet?)

I happened upon news of this games existence during the summer - maybe via the Gameinformer Test Chamber. It didn't come to the Wii U did it? Crazy decision if thats still the case. :o Mickey + Toki Tori + Ducktales would be such a great combo.

Nah. For some reason they decided to skip the Wii U, just like many other developers out there. :D

@Magnus, was Devil Survivor engaging for those 100h? I've never played any of them. (yet?)

I probably wouldn't recommend going through the game five times like I did, but it was great the first couple of times. :heh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSawyemAQA5Q-nN7UKgZ4blMYvlObsSuJNrKhRi4-00ADlihHwQ

PC

This is a game I believe I got through the humble bundle.

Its basically a puzzle game based of different blocks who have real names and backstories (a narrator walks you through), its a wonderful game and took me about 6 hours to finish.

For a game I didn't originally think would be any good, its turned out to be one of my favourites.

Yay! Thomas Was Alone is all kinds of fantastic!

I'm just going to say Payday 2 - even though I've not 'completed' it. It's amaaazing. Ticks all the boxes I want ticking.

Gunpoint

Just finished playing this and thought it was pretty great. Its basically a puzzle/action game where you are a private detective and have to figure out the best way to make it through buildings to get to your objective. A lot of that is done by using your cross link device to have electrical systems do what you want them to so you turn the lights off in a room, the guard comes to turn them back on but you have set the lightswitch to now open some door you needed to get to that could only be opened with a hand scanner previously.

Gunpoint.jpg

Yay! Thomas Was Alone is all kinds of fantastic!

I'm just going to say Payday 2 - even though I've not 'completed' it. It's amaaazing. Ticks all the boxes I want ticking.

What format you playing Payday 2 on?

Gunpoint

Just finished playing this and thought it was pretty great. Its basically a puzzle/action game where you are a private detective and have to figure out the best way to make it through buildings to get to your objective. A lot of that is done by using your cross link device to have electrical systems do what you want them to so you turn the lights off in a room, the guard comes to turn them back on but you have set the lightswitch to now open some door you needed to get to that could only be opened with a hand scanner previously.

Gunpoint.jpg

Have you played Ghost Trick, @Happenstance? It's awesome and the game you mentioned sounds similar, in some ways :hehe:

legend_of_zelda_links_awakening_dx_gbc_screenshot1.jpg

As good as I remember it was. There was so much that I forgot about, the last two temples were as if I played them new, but the final boss I could remember all his weaknesses. Ahhh, memories.

GTA V (PS3)

What a game! Absolutely incredible. :awesome:

Can't even begin to imagine how Rockstar are going to top it with GTA 6, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out. :hehe:

The fun's not over with GTA V yet though, still quite a bit left to discover on single player, plus GTA Online to explore! :yay:

What format you playing Payday 2 on?

PC. I hear the updates/patches are coming out super slow on consoles.

Completed GTAV for the Second time on Tuesday. This time round paying attention to investments in the stock markets after or before missions.

I only played through the actual story line on this occasion leaving the events, strangers and freaks and other bits till after the final mission. Just finished the Epsilon missions with Michael last night.

Love love love this game, I can't wait till someone figures out the Mount Chiliad / UFO mystery stuff.

Completed GTAV for the Second time on Tuesday. This time round paying attention to investments in the stock markets after or before missions.

I only played through the actual story line on this occasion leaving the events, strangers and freaks and other bits till after the final mission. Just finished the Epsilon missions with Michael last night.

Love love love this game, I can't wait till someone figures out the Mount Chiliad / UFO mystery stuff.

I cannot believe you have managed to finish it twice I'm still lagging way behind!

Just finished Bioshock: Infinite. Rather shaky start and probably unnecessarily violent through a large part of it, it seemed to try too hard to emulate it's predecessor. However, A strong 2nd and a tremendous 3rd and final act elevates it above it's conceptual shortcomings. The narrative around Elizabeth becomes very compelling and though the final twist seems to land out of the blue it's a fine one in the world logic. Overall, hugely enjoyable. A classic to be remembered? I don't know. The problem for Infinite is that the original Bioshock definitely is.

Rayman Legends ( Wii U )

Finished the main game the other day and finally rescued all the Teenies last night.

Absolutely amazing game. It has so much content packed into it, there is always something to keep you busy. Some of the levels are just pure genius and the whole game shows a love and effort that puts the NSMB series to shame.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Really enjoyed playing this over the last week, love the graphical style and the music. I didn't expect such catchy music!

My favourite

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The main story mode was surprisingly challenging with the time challenges being an absolute pain at times.

SN853083_zps0b1065a4.jpg

Will definitely be picking up the 3DS Kirby and the Yoshi Yarn game.

Ninja Gaiden 3 ( Wii U )

Finished this game this afternoon ( as seen by my Miiverse pics ) and really enjoyed it. It's just a good old fashioned, no brainer action game, with some great combat and over the top gore.

Bastion

Really enjoyed this graphically a beautiful game, narratively very clever, also loved how well paced the weapon progression is. You feel like you've found the ultimate set up and then it throws something even more amazing at you!

Saints Row The Third

Went back and finished this today. Was closer to end than I thought....Fun game and it provides a very fun and zany alternative to GTA V but it's very rough by comparison.

Wind Waker HD ( Wii U )

Classic game that was made even better due to the HD upgrade and improved sailing mechanics. The game just ran so much smoother. It was great to be able to sail freely, instead of having to stop every 5 mins to change the wind direction.

Sonic Lost World ( Wii U )

Bit of a let down this one. I was quite excited to play this and things started great but as the game went on more and more flaws became apparent. It's still a decent game but not nearly as good as had hoped. I enjoyed Generations a lot more.

Pokemon X ( 3DS )

A great return to form for the series. The storyline was essentially still the same but the new additions made this entry seem fresh.

Lego Batman 2 ( Vita )

I snapped this up after playing through Lego LOTR. I love how there is no hub world and I can just get straight into the action. The cutscenes in the game are horrible though. With it being port of the 3DS version the cutscenes have been horrible compressed, which makes them look terribly blurry.

Beyond Two Souls ( PS3 )

Absolutely amazing game and up there for GOTY for me. Once the story gets its hooks into you it doesn't let you go. So many twists and turns throughout the game and characters that I really cared about. On more than one occasion I got a little teary eyed. Well played Mr. Cage, well played.

PIKMIN3LOGO.jpg

Class. Still going back to this for the multiplayer with my son, and have downloaded the extra DLC, but single player completed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-i8iCGCDgFLHM4xRKiTj-9NPh1kO2tbY6kI04V5rXi2KkLo27

Enjoyable over the top action.

Touch My Katamari ( Vita )

Another free game from Playstation Plus. I love the Katamari games and this is just the same as the others, only bite sized. I'm quite shocked it actually got a retail release, given how short it is. Still, it was free and it kept me busy for a few hours.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

A fun little diversion from the main Paper Mario series. While I enjoyed the use of stickers, it just all felt a little too streamlined for me. It isn't a patch on the main Paper Mario RPGs. There were a number of clever moments where you could use specific stickers to exploit the weaknesses of the larger enemies. This did lead to a number of difficulty spikes where the enemy was quite simple with the right stickers, but without them the proved frustratingly difficult. The paper sprites looked good in 3D. Fun without being exceptional.

6/10

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Already posted in the dedicated thread and Miiverse but I did really enjoy this game. There are loads to do. Its a shame the online is a bit crap and that there is unlikely to be another one released on the Wii U due to the low sales.