NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Gamers - What Are You Playing At The Moment?

I'd actually be terrified to go through my games to list which ones need to be played or completed :shakehead There's stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance that I don't think will ever get done :hmm:

Admittedly, those games, along with several others which include Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Baten Kaitos, were bought on reputation rather than games that I that I truly desired. I'd love to get into them because of how good they are supposed to be, but maybe they're just not for me ::shrug:

That is probably the main problem with my collection of games. I have completed a vast number of games over the years but I'm starting to become left with a considerable list of those that I perhaps feel less compelled to play, often opting to turn to something that I've already cleared previously in order to find some genuine joy!

With that in mind, I tend not to buy as much any more and had no problem resisting anything I saw over the last week with Black Friday deals as I never noticed anything I really wanted..

As much as I feel like I should be playing a lot of my games on my backlog due to having purchased them, I don't want it to making gaming feel like a chore so perhaps it's time to start getting on with the games I want to play, rather than the games critics say I should play :heh:

I wonder how many other people in the world are playing Colin McRae Rally on PS1 right now, for instance :indeed:

I'm playing it because I want to :grin:

Admittedly, those games, along with several others which include Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Baten Kaitos, were bought on reputation rather than games that I that I truly desired. I'd love to get into them because of how good they are supposed to be, but maybe they're just not for me ::shrug:

As much as I feel like I should be playing a lot of my games on my backlog due to having purchased them, I don't want it to making gaming feel like a chore so perhaps it's time to start getting on with the games I want to play, rather than the games critics say I should play :heh:

Damn straight. Don't go for what the critics say, go for what looks good and fun :)

On that note, I plan on starting a Point&Click adventure game in the near future. Deponia, most likely, a lesser known game that looks appealing to me for multiple reasons.

I've had to halt progress of Tomb Raider as my PS3 seems to be dead :hmm:

It keep turning itself off after a few minutes but I tried to install the latest update to see if it would somehow rescue the console.. only for it to turn itself off with 99% of the update downloaded :hmm: It won't even come on now..

Killzone 4 - trying to finish the campaign and its one almighty chore. Average at best.

Mario 3D World - Not too far to go.

Zelda ALBW - Epic game!!!

Well, i can tick Donkey Kong off my list, finished it over the weekend.:awesome:

And can add Sonic The Hedgehog to the list :(

Played through Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for a second time in order to get the remaining Trophies (no Platinum unfortunately), it's a beautiful game in so many ways! And it was great discovering a few more things about the game whilst 100%'ing it.

I'm now playing Thomas Was Alone. When I started it the other day, for the first 5 minutes or so I wasn't really sure about it, but as the narration grows as you progress through the levels the game just gets better and better!! It wasn't long before I was absolutely loving it! Went back on it for a while today and met James and Sarah. Fantastic!! :D

Played through Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for a second time in order to get the remaining Trophies (no Platinum unfortunately), it's a beautiful game in so many ways! And it was great discovering a few more things about the game whilst 100%'ing it.

I'm now playing Thomas Was Alone. When I started it the other day, for the first 5 minutes or so I wasn't really sure about it, but as the narration grows as you progress through the levels the game just gets better and better!! It wasn't long before I was absolutely loving it! Went back on it for a while today and met James and Sarah. Fantastic!! :D

Good man. Thomas Was Alone is brilliant.

I have Brothers to play myself. It's been sitting on my 360 since Christmas. It was around £2.00 in the sale and figured I would give it a shot.

Good man. Thomas Was Alone is brilliant.

I have Brothers to play myself. It's been sitting on my 360 since Christmas. It was around £2.00 in the sale and figured I would give it a shot.

The subtle humour, characterisation and interaction between the personalities is just brilliant! :D Today Chris wasn't sure if it was appropriate to call Laura his girlfriend and Thomas picked up on James' nervous laugh :p

Yep I got Brothers in the PSN Christmas or 12 Days of Christmas sale. Make it your next game ;) it's about 3-4 hours long and a fantastic experience!

Guys, have you played Rock of Ages? I'm playing Rock of Ages. You should play it. Should be cheap.

It's like Monty Python meets Super Monkey Ball/Marble Madness. Sorta. There's also Tower Defence elements in there. Weird, but really fun.

[Disclaimer: No relation to the musical/film]

Civilization V might actually be too good. It's one of those games you can play until 3am without noticing time go by. The only problem with it is it keeps overheating my laptop for some reason, thereby stopping me from playing more Civilization V.

I've got through a lot recently:

Hotline Miami: A MUST play. Brilliant gameplay and excellent soundtrack.

A Link Between Words: Awesome game, but not as good as...

A Link To The Past: Currently 2/3rds through this bad boy. It's aged incredibly well and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it before.

I'm also playing through The Wonderful 101 which is...erm..Wonderful :)

Just started Shadow of the Colossus HD on the PS3. First time playing the game.

I've had to swap the control scheme round a bit, the controls seem quite clunky like the horse riding and the jumping mechanic doesn't seem to be all that great atm, but hopefully I'll get used to everything.

I've saved and left it for now having just defeated the first colossus.

Took me longer than it should have as I thought I had to jump off and climb up the arm once it had fallen over and I just couldn't get anywhere from there. Then I realised you were supposed to go straight on and climb from there :p

You can only save after each colossus can you?

Edited by Retro_Link

Just to me waaaaaay to long to take down the second SotC Colossus!!

It was about 20 minutes before I realised I had a damn bow and arrow!... had I always had that? or did it stealthily slip it in there and not tell me I'd received it?

Also, what are you supposed to do with your horse whilst the battles are going on. just let it run around on its own potentially getting kicked about? I tried to leave it somewhere but it made its way over.

The horse will be fine, dude will dodge/resist anything. So feel free to use him during a battle, if you feel inclined, or leave him at the entrance, if he's bothering you.

I believe the bow&arrow is there from the beginning. Wander is the same from start to finish (SotC does not use Zelda's "use new item to defeat new boss").

Chrono Trigger. Fairly annoyed Magus isn't in my group. I didn't know if you decide not to fight him, he'll join your group. 1 decision and that's it no second chance. I've all his savage armour and weapons, pointless unless I start a new game and get to that point again. Other than that, all's good.

The horse will be fine, dude will dodge/resist anything. So feel free to use him during a battle, if you feel inclined, or leave him at the entrance, if he's bothering you.

I believe the bow&arrow is there from the beginning. Wander is the same from start to finish (SotC does not use Zelda's "use new item to defeat new boss").

Ok cool, for some reason I just didn't notice the bow during the first battle then somehow.

Good to know about the horse. I asked because during by battle with The Sloth there was one point where the horse got knocked to the ground and took a while getting back up. I guessed he probably was damage proof, but good to hear :)

@Hero\-of\-Time and @Goron_3 :p

---

I've done 5 of the Collosus now on [unsurprisingly] SotC.

The third one was absolutely epic!! The guy with the sword on top of the arena!

By comparison I thought the 4th and 5th were a bit too easy. The 5th one was all over far too quickly.

@Hero\-of\-Time and @Goron_3 :p

---

I've done 5 of the Collosus now on [unsurprisingly] SotC.

The third one was absolutely epic!! The guy with the sword on top of the arena!

By comparison I thought the 4th and 5th were a bit too easy. The 5th one was all over far too quickly.

I'll get to it eventually.

At the moment I'm trying to get 100% on Lego Marvel Superheroes. There's so much to do!

My current time sapper is Borderlands 2. My mate used to rave about the first game and pretty much every car ride to work for the two months that followed it's release was him telling me stories of what he'd been up to. I'd always been intrigued but was never in a position to try it - plus, comparisons to games like Diablo were putting me off.

Anyway, I picked up the base game of 2 for £5 in the winter steam sale just to try it out. Two weeks later, I bought the GOTY edition for £10 to get all the extra DLC that comes with it as it's cheaper than the season pass and you get more stuff too.

But yeah, 50hrs in and I'm loving it. Even though it has the mechanics of an FPS, it doesn't really feel like one to me. There is lots of exploration to be doing but when the action kicks off, its pace is relentless until the last enemy falls. It feels more like a typical action game than a shooter.

I really admire Bioshock, but the reason why I haven't got round to actually finishing the original, let alone starting Infinite, is that after the initial wow moments, and it does have a lot of them, it's felt more and more like a typical FPS in terms of gameplay and lost my attention as a result.

@drahkon get on Brothers!

Dude, I'm straight. Love to get on sisters, though.

/lame joke

Yeah yeah, really want to try it, but the PS4 got me hooked. :p

Currently playing Assassins Creed IV, Don't Starve, Killzone Shadowfall, Resogun and Fifa 14. All at a very nice pace.

Love the console. :love:

I'll get to it eventually.

At the moment I'm trying to get 100% on Lego Marvel Superheroes. There's so much to do!

Nice, what console version are you playing?

Nice, what console version are you playing?

Xbox One. Nearly finished all the stuff on the main map and then I have to go through all the levels again. I hate that these games have become massive open world games. I liked them better when it was just a quick walk between levels with no padding to lengthen the game.

I'm currently playing White 2, though have been doing some breeding on Pokemon Y every now and then.

I really didn't like Black 2, I quit playing before completing it, but it turns out I quit just before shit hits the fan and everything becomes crazy exciting. Good thing I retained my copy, I'll be continuing it straight after White 2 or after I give Emerald a long overdue playthrough.

I started Arkham Origins, dropped it for Gears of War Judgement, which has now taken a pause as I went onto GTA: Vice City Stories for PS2, which has is taking a break as I moved onto Football Manager.

My attention span for games sucks... damn...