NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Gamers - What Are You Playing At The Moment?

I'm apparently one of the few here who only plays one game at a time.

I just finished Dishonored's two story-DLCs so I've started Alice: Madness Returns now. It's an average game so far but it reminds me of early days 3D platformers and collectathons.

Final Fantasy XIII arrived today and as I havent played Ni No Kuni in over a week as I was getting tired of it I decided to move onto this instead. I owned it once before but wasnt in the right mindset for RPGs back then so I traded it in. Im hoping this time will go much better and this will give me something to play while I wait for GTA V.

Will start Bioshock again - for the 700th time - today. Determined to finally play through it. :blank:

I'm playing through Final Fantasy XIII where I'm STILL stuck on that Bartholomeus bastard! I HATE HIS GUTS! HARDEST BOSS IN THE WORLD! I JUST WANT TO KICK HIM IN THE BALLS AND BARBEQUE HIS HEAD! :(

I also traded Hitman Absolution for Inversion yesterday and it's quite enjoyable at the moment. Pretty good game.

Also playing Magic: The Gathering 2013 since it's for free and I'm actually getting addicted to it. It's a cool game but there's NO way I could play the actual card game in real life.

I'm also going through Gears of War 3 with my friends on Insane. I need a fourth player though but my friend reckons there's someone who would do it.

I'm playing through Final Fantasy XIII where I'm STILL stuck on that Bartholomeus bastard! I HATE HIS GUTS! HARDEST BOSS IN THE WORLD! I JUST WANT TO KICK HIM IN THE BALLS AND BARBEQUE HIS HEAD! :(

Which chapter is that?

So basically everybody finds everybody and there's this woman who tries to let Bart escape but then he kills her and turns into this huge fucking monster thing with several heads which you need to destroy and then he turns into this huge, fucked-up gun and one of the moves can kill you instantly.

It's annoying because everybody's leveled up to the highest I can do at that point and my weapons are pretty solid too.

The video's in the description but I don't watch videos because I'd rather try and do it myself but at this rate, I might just have to make an exception because I feel like SLAPPING THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS DAMN BOSS!

Edited by Animal

Im not gonna open that spoiler box as I dont recognise the boss name so I assume im not there yet. Im at the start of chapter 8 at the moment.

Went back to this yesterday.

Shin-Megami-Tensei-Devil-Survivor-Overclocked-Box-Art.png

Quite a challenging game, but it was surprisingly easy to get back into the groove of things again.

Still polishing off Dishonored's main story, then i intend to get the DLC done this weekend as well. Then maybe, back onto Assassins Creed III to finish the DLC before GTA V arrives the week after.

Started The Wonderful 101, only just finished Operation 001-B - mind blown. The sheer scale and magnitude of amazing, blowy-up things is awesome.

I'm playing too many videogames. I need to have a life. No I don't.

Planetside 2- What can I say about this, other than it's mechanically very sound, similar in some ways to Battlefield, except health and shields are upgradable, and the amount of damage you recieve is somewhere between Battlefield and Halo, meaning that even if an enemy spots you first, if you're a more skilled shot, you can quickly snap around and target an area that yields more damage, and likely win the encounter, which I like better than the way it works in BF3 since if you're spotted in that game, you'll likely be dead before you can figure out where you're getting shot from.

The scale is unbelievable. Each continent is about the size of fifty of Battlefields biggest maps, can contain a total of 2000 players, and leads to inconceivably colossal encounters. You could be in a squadron of planes charging a citadel and you look down at what seems like a roach hive, upwards of 200 infantrymen on the ground, flanked by a battalion of tanks battling each other to capture territory. It's ridiculous at times. Territory control fluctuates to the point that you could sign off with your faction owning 80% of the map - come back two hours later an it could be below 15%. It looks technically snazzy too, although artistically a little reminiscent of Halo's bland rectilinear shapes and structures. Too much purple too.

Dishonored - Getting through the Brigmore Witches DLC. Playing as Daud is a little more liberating, since he's narratively far more ruthless than Corvo, which leaves me at ease to shank motherfuckers left and right. I actually enjoy the game much much more when I'm at liberty to be as lethal as I want. Not that I wasn't during the main game, but there were narrative elements dissuading me from being too much of an asshole, mostly the games central refrain; "We are all born innocent but the world leads us to guilt." Good shit so far.

Witcher 2 - Just started this, got to the Assassins Creed gag, chuckled. Very Game of Thrones-esque, and mechanically, very action oriented, which I very love, especially as the action is competently handled. In other words, skill isn't a numerical abstration; you don't just level up and say, oh, I'm more powerful now (although that's an element that's obviously present) but rather, you develop actual tangible proficiency at the skills the game requires you to use. Liking so far.

Far Cry 3 - Just finished (played at intervals for 8 months or so). Liked the playing of the game much much more than Far Cry 2, to the point where I think it's one of the best shooters of this generation, but what the fuck was that story? A satire of well intentioned white colonialism? Or just silly guff?

Colin McRae Rally (PS1) & Tomb Raider (PS3)

IMG-20131202-001061_zpsbe848549.jpg

I'm probably focusing more on Colin McRae Rally than Tomb Raider at the moment but it's an enjoyable mix :hehe:

Tearaway. I fired it up yesterday and it's been an absolute joy to play. The music, art direction, animation, it's all fantastic.

Mario, Zelda, Resogun... all on rotation :) with some Killzone thrown in every now and then :p busy time for games!

Fire Emblem: Awakening - It's so good. It's so amazingly good. It was worth the investment of a 3DS all by itself. I want to have it's babies and then have those babies appear as amnesic grown-ups from an apocalyptic future.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it kind of fits here. Had a check through what games i have to complete, and the list is pretty damn long. I have started all of these games, so kind of playing them slowly.

X360

Skyrim

Mass Effect 3*

Sonic 4: Episode II

Beyond Good and Evil

Red Dead Redemption*

PS4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

NBA 2K14

Resogun

That other free PS+ game

Killzone

WiiU (inc Wii games)

New Super Mario Bros U

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Wind Waker*

Pikmin 3

Super Mario 3D World

Virtual Console WiiU/Wii

Earthbound

Mario 64*

Super Mario World*

Donkey Kong*

Super Mario Bros 3*

Majora's Mask*

A Link to the Past*

Super Metroid

3DS

Donkey Kong Country Returns

New Super Mario Bros 2

Luigi's Mansion 2

A Link Between Worlds

Pokemon X

Pokemon White 2

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Virtual Console (3DS)

Oracle of Seasons

*Have completed before, just replaying

Damn @Jimbob that'll take some time to get through.

I've still got my collectors edition of Windwaker HD unopened. I've yet to take the statue out to look at it... thinking of buying a 2nd copy so I can leave it un-opened. Who knows.

But on topic...

I've been playing Killzone: Shadow Fall and one hell of a lot of NBA2k14 for PS4. I'm completely hooked to the MyGM Mode, but I thought I'd dabble in the MyPlayer mode last night, damn that's another way I'm going to spend all my VC I earn.

Booted up Singularity last night on the 360 for the first time. Bought it a few weeks back for a pittance and finally decided to give it a go.

Not hugely far into it but the gameplay so far has been rather run-of-the-mill and the controls could do with some tightening (this latter issue may have been patched, I don't know. I can't download any patches. For some reason I can't log-in to XBL with my account as Microsoft have suspended my Hotmail account that it's attached to and even though I filled in a reactivation form, providing the bank card details attached to the account, they keep saying I've not provided sufficient information. So fuck 'em!). Do like using the TMD to age enemies to dust though. That's pretty cool. It's a little rough around the edges but that being said, it's not too bad so far. Interested to see how it progresses and whether it throws anything more at me or if I've seen all of it's tricks already.

@Jimbob, my backlog schlong is longer and I only play on NINTENDO consoles :laughing:

But yeah, I hope you get enjoyment out of it, at least.

Currently playing Beyond Good&Evil on my Wii along with Kirby's Epic Yarn on my WiiU.

on the 3DS I'm finishing up The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and am working my way through Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Then there's the story mode in GTAV I'm going through with my girlfriend, all the while still playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf each day for about 20 minutes.

Still playing Advance Wars: Dark Conflict with my mates regularly for epic mindgames as well.

@Murr, it will take some time indeed. May play some 3DS whilst watching the b-ball from last night.

@Fused King, wow. Once i've cleared a few games, i'll purchase a few more to fill the void. With the number i have to complete (and by complete, it's once the credits have rolled and/or i've collected everything possible) i won't be getting any more games for a while. There are other games from the past (in the Virtual Console at present) i wish to buy and play.

And Animal Crossing can never be completed, it's one of them games.

Edited by Jimbob

Yeah.

I play my games following certain rules more or less.

1. Only buy a new game for a system once you've cleared the game you are playing on it.

2. Play a main game on your handheld and a li'l sum'n sum'n on the side (Fire Emblem, Oracle of Ages)

3. Play a main game on your console (Beyond Good&Evil)

4. Go through a game with a friend or girlfriend (Kirby's Epic Yarn, GTAV)

5. If you feel like you can get all the collectibles, give it a go, but don't force it.

6. If you buy an Animal Crossing game, you have to play it consistently, at least about 15 minutes a day for a year.

When I talk about my backlog, it aren't games I've bought yet but are on 'the list' so to speak.

The list would be:

Wii

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

Red Steel 2

The Blob 2

No More Heroes 2

Eledees

Opoona

Deadly Creatures

Cursed Mountain

Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories

Project Zero 2

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

NBA Jam

Sin & Punishment 2

WiiU

Pikmin 3

Lego City Undercover

Nintendoland

Super Mario 3D World

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Nintendo DS

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our Garbage?

Monster Tale

Radiant Historia (in japanese)

Virtue's Last Reward

Another Code: Two Memories (in japanese)

Flower, Sun and Rain 9in japanese)

Contact

Goemon (in japanese)

Pokémon Conquest (in japanese)

Tingle 2 (in japanese)

Nintendo 3DS

Dr. Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights

Metal Gear Solid 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Star Fox 3D

Bravery Default

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate

Rhythm Thief

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Super Mario 3D Land

Pokémon X

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright

Project X Zone

Mario&Luigi: Dream Team Bros

eShop

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Harmoknight

Attack of the Friday Monsters

KORG MO1D

Earthbound

Bit Trip Runner 3

Tengami

Special Kirby section of the list

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)

Kirby Mass Attack (DS)

Kirby Returns to Dreamland (Wii)

Of course some have higher priority than others, but since there are so many with a high priority, and since I don't always have the time nor the money, I am truly ashamed I haven't gotten round to them yet.

Games such as Zelda, Pokémon or, one of my favourite series, Mario&Luigi.

Still, I enjoy my time going through whatever game I want, experiencing ol' classics and new classics at the same time.

Edited by Fused King

That's one heck of a list, and a nice little set of rules as well. Maybe i ought to stick to one, maybe two games at a time. But i tend to get bored of playing lets say, Mario and want to play something else. Then i forget the game is there and buy something else, hence why i've got so, so much on mine.