NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Gamers - What Are You Playing At The Moment?

Been slogging through Xenoblade as of late along with the odd level on Mario 3D World.

My backlog though is getting silly.

Spent the weekend plodding through Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. And realized, after putting in 15-20 hours gaming that there is a lot to do still.

Just finished Sequence 7, have a fully upgraded Jackdaw. Upgraded as much as i could on Edward with pouches and guns. Took over all the fortresses, sank a legendary ship (pain the in backside and tough as nails, the one i did had a weakness at the back which i bombarded with canon-fire). Been doing some diving and a lot of harpooning for fun.

And i'm only just at 61% completion, but feel like there is so much more to do.

I had a little bit of a Gamecube afternoon today :smile:

I often look through my collection and see things that I'd love to play again whilst there are other times that nothing really jumps out to me :hmm: Today seemed a bit like the latter so I eventually plucked out a few random games for the GC to help spark a bit of joy into my Wednesday :smile:

I started with a run through of the Adventure Mode in Super Smash Bros Melee. I've never been a huge fan of the series, other than appreciating the glorious history of Nintendo, so the amount of time Melee has actually been in my Gamecube, according to the records, is significantly below what you would probably expect, coming in below 20 hours :eek:

I'm not a fighting game aficionado so it's probably no surprise that I'm not all that good at the game and didn't have as much fun as I hoped, but then Super Smash Bros never really managed to make it's way into multiplayer sessions with my friends in the past as none of us really got into it.

After that, though, I had a blast on Burnout 2, which was awesome, and then did some drumming in Donkey Konga 2 :heh:

I just got Payday 2. Really cool FPS with level design and interactivity on N64 levels. Unfortunately, chairs don't explode when you shoot them.

And speaking of N64, we had an N64 night last night here at the office.

Over the last month I've been mostly playing...

Silent Hill Shattered Memories (cool game, not quite as good as it could've been, but still good. Surprisingly it felt more like Heavy Rain than anything else, not what I was expecting!)

Zone of the Enders (pretty much a glorified tech demo, stretched out into a 5 hour game, but it's a fun tech demo when it isn't bogged down by its padding)

Zone of the Enders 2 (Fixes most of the problems I had with the first game but also breaks most of what I thought it did right as well. You have the enemy and environmental variety that I thought the first game lacked, but they completely redid the camera system and now it's totally broken. It's so incredibly fast paced that it's actually too fast now and it's virtually impossible to tell what the fuck is going on. Frustrating for all the wrong reasons and I think I'm gonna give up on it - a shame, because I think there are mounds of potential here but it's just not fun at all because of all of these problems :( )

Panzer Dragoon (fantastic game! Amazingly atmospheric experience, but feels like it could've done with a more interesting scoring system)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei (more fleshed out than its predecessor and shares the same great qualities as the first game, but it's a bit too easy and still lacks a strong scoring/combo system that keeps you coming back for more)

Panzer Dragoon Saga (a one of a kind RPG experience like no other that, while great - with its own great qualities, unique gameplay mechanics that would go on to inspire the creation of Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia and brilliant music - also feels like it doesn't reach its full potential. So many great mechanics go un-utilised like the distance sensitive context sensitive actions and the dragon form changing in battle)

Cosmic Smash (simple, addictive just-one-more-go arcade goodness :D)

Dynamite Deka/Die Hard Arcade (same as Cosmic Smash :) )

Advance Wars (check out the Let's Talk Games archive if you can be arsed)

Metroid Fusion (ditto - also I did the 1% challenge again for bragging rights on Miiverse :D)

And then lots of Boom Street (we recently really got back into it again for when me and my friends play multiplayer), with a side of Mario Party for good measure.

Phew! Been busy this month! :)

Edited by Dcubed

Recently, I've been playing loads of Mario Golf: World Tour.

Some of the challenges are just plain ridiculous and Sky Island is starting to drive me insane.

Online Multiplayer is loads of fun though. Best bit about the game.

I've also started playing 999. After enjoying Virtue's Last Reward, it was only natural to give this a go.

Backtracking through the game is one hell of a chore though. Really kills the pacing. Glad they changed it for the sequel.

Guild Wars 2

guild-wars-eye-of-the-north-20070912022010518.jpg

guild-wars-2-dynamic-event.jpg

Bought this a few days ago as I was looking for a new PC game. Really enjoying it with some interesting quests for an MMORPG. It looks superb and the artstyle is fantastic with a watercolour theme. It's also incredible that you get all this content without a monthly subscription!

Also, it's currently On Sale at 50% off, but it ends today.

Here's what I'm currently focusing on atm:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World

Wii - Rayman Origins

Dreamcast - Jet Set Radio

GameCube - F Zero GX.

I think that's it so far. I'm trying to play one game per system and then will move on. I've realised that switching between games doesn't work for me, but switching between systems isn't too terrible.

Here's what I'm currently focusing on atm:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World

Wii - Rayman Origins

Dreamcast - Jet Set Radio

GameCube - F Zero GX.

I think that's it so far. I'm trying to play one game per system and then will move on. I've realised that switching between games doesn't work for me, but switching between systems isn't too terrible.

Yeah I find that's pretty true for me too. I have a nasty tendency to bite off more than I can chew and I start to not enjoy each game as much as I should do because of it.

So I try to limit myself to two games max from the same console at a time (and no more than 3 games played through simultaneously - not counting general "go-to" stuff or multiplayer games that I play when my mates come round).

Guild Wars 2

guild-wars-eye-of-the-north-20070912022010518.jpg

guild-wars-2-dynamic-event.jpg

Bought this a few days ago as I was looking for a new PC game. Really enjoying it with some interesting quests for an MMORPG. It looks superb and the artstyle is fantastic with a watercolour theme. It's also incredible that you get all this content without a monthly subscription!

Also, it's currently On Sale at 50% off, but it ends today.

Had some good fun with this back in the day. Got my hunter to max level and my jewelcraft/ leathercraft to max level to make top equipment. Also did all the quests and world map completion which was pretty fun...after that though I couldn't see there being much to do. I always found the PvP a bit too hectic and too much of a by numbers thing...bit random and chaotic.

At the moment (as of yesterday). I'm playing the following

Wii U

Plodding through Pikmin 3. I think i'm at the final hurdle when i left it last night.

In a dark cave with a blob stalking me, trying to get a blue bridge built and getting some light sorted. I've got Olimar hiding in a spot where this blob can't get it. According to friends, the battle takes place after this part.

All i've done is collect fruit and Pikmin leading upto this point.

Xbox 360

Playing Fable: Anniversary, i'm at the Lytchfield Graveyard heading to the Bargate Prison to rescue Mum. It's all good so far, graphically better looking and a heck of a lot better menu over the original game.

Nintendo 3DS

Playing Mario Golf: World Tour. Had a few matches with some friends over the weekend, came 2nd in all the matches played and got some nice new gear. Still in the process of unlocking the new courses, and thinking of how the Mario courses get unlocked.

PS Vita

Still plodding through Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I seem to be enjoying it more on the Vita than i did on the 3DS, and i can't put my finger on that.

PS4

Playing Child of Light at present. Beautiful game, simple yet stunning. Well worth the pricetag (for me, free)

I'm the same as many, 1 game per system. And once i'm done on 1 game on 1 system, i move onto the next one and focus on that. Probably why my backlog got so big.

At the moment (as of yesterday). I'm playing the following

Wii U

Plodding through Pikmin 3. I think i'm at the final hurdle when i left it last night.

In a dark cave with a blob stalking me, trying to get a blue bridge built and getting some light sorted. I've got Olimar hiding in a spot where this blob can't get it. According to friends, the battle takes place after this part.

All i've done is collect fruit and Pikmin leading upto this point.

Xbox 360

Playing Fable: Anniversary, i'm at the Lytchfield Graveyard heading to the Bargate Prison to rescue Mum. It's all good so far, graphically better looking and a heck of a lot better menu over the original game.

Nintendo 3DS

Playing Mario Golf: World Tour. Had a few matches with some friends over the weekend, came 2nd in all the matches played and got some nice new gear. Still in the process of unlocking the new courses, and thinking of how the Mario courses get unlocked.

PS Vita

Still plodding through Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I seem to be enjoying it more on the Vita than i did on the 3DS, and i can't put my finger on that.

That's an easy one to answer why. The 3DS port was terrible (low framerate, terrible controls without the CPP, muddy visuals etc).

The Vita port is on par with the original PS2 version though :)

That's an easy one to answer why. The 3DS port was terrible (low framerate, terrible controls without the CPP, muddy visuals etc).

The Vita port is on par with the original PS2 version though :)

Now that would explain it, the touch panel on the back of the Vita certainly makes it more interactive. And better mapped buttons.

I've worked my way through Retro City Rampage DX on my 3DS whilst pressing on through Fire Emblem: Awakening.

WiiU-wise I'm going through Rayman Legends with my girlfriend and I'm playing Ni no Kuni with a friend on his PS3.

I haven't been in a big gaming mood recently, but from time to time it grabs me by the crotch and shakes me around so hard that I forget whether I am a man or a woman. Then I remember. I am Fused King, Mr. Fused King and this....is Mister Mister.

:laughing:

Anyway, after having beaten one of my smaller handheld projects (Retro City Rampage DX) I am now ready to move on to some Guild01+02 side dishes that are waiting for me:

Attack of the Friday Monsters

Liberation Maiden

The Starship Damrey

Oh yeah, I'm also still trying to defend my title against all challengers in Punch-Out Wii!!

ibs8mmbUM4SVV5.gif

GameCube - F Zero GX.

Had some good fun with this back in the day. Got my hunter to max level and my jewelcraft/ leathercraft to max level to make top equipment. Also did all the quests and world map completion which was pretty fun...after that though I couldn't see there being much to do. I always found the PvP a bit too hectic and too much of a by numbers thing...bit random and chaotic.

Yeah I've heard this critiscism before, with no real end-game content apart from PvP.

Had a quick dabble last night in World Vs World, whilst confusing at first, I just followed the crowd/leader. I'm not used to this type of PvP and being part of a 50 man group storming a keep with battering rams etc was an eye opener! I really enjoyed it and looking forward to playing more.

I think I'm too ego driven with this sort of game. Running along with 50 people, I feel like a very small cog in a big machine. Think I prefer guild battles like in Ragnarok Online where there are frequent 1v1s and you feel like you can individually make more of a difference and survive if you are good rather than totally outnumbered.

Theme Hospital is too fun. Quite a feat, considering part of the game is keeping things smooth for a while after you reach a steady, profitable hospital.

Payday 2

Just brilliant FPS. Level design reminds me of Goldeneye. Buy it now!

Payday 2 is a PS+ game. I haven't even started it up though.

I'm currently playing XCOM Enemy Unknown since it's £7.99 on PSN, and FFX HD on the Vita.

Continuing with my ruling of 1 game per system, i've returned to Albion with Fable: Anniversary. And as the game is 10+ years old, i won't spoil tag my progress (hopefully those whom wanted to play Fable and/or Lost Chapters will have done so by now)

I've done Bargate Prison and returned to Albion after rescuing the hero's Mum. I've progressed further and defeated Maize at Hook Coast. The only noticable differences between this and the original (apart from the graphical upgrade with the Unreal engine) is a better navigation menu. The game itself is very glitchy, i tried doing a side quest the other day where i had to rescue kidnapped citizens from Greatwood. None of them were in the areas, nor were there any bandits.

Anywho, i'm nearing the end of the main story of Anniversary (trying to stop Jack from opening the key stones to get the sword). Then all i've got left is the Lost Chapters part and i'm done.

Mafia II

Really enjoying it as I like mobster stuff but it's such a guided experience I see no reason for it to be open world. It just makes for a lot of pointless driving.

Completly forgot i had Murdered: Soul Suspect pre-ordered, but it arrived today and is my current PS4 game (i'm taking a break from Watch Dogs). Thoughts, it feels like L.A Noire in places. Except, you're a ghost. Story seems ok, and there are side stuff to keep you busy.

As with many others on N-Europe, I've been playing Mario Kart 8 :hehe:

In addition, though, I started Killer7 again yesterday as I felt like playing through it again without the difficulty of....

Killer8

:heh:

I've made my way up as far as 'Cloudman' and am remembering just why I loved the game so much the first time around : peace: