NEurope
Sméagol

Other collectables

First of all, thanks to @S\.C\.G for all the thanked posts. Made me feel like I wasnt just talking to myself in this thread! lol

Anyway, the rest of my figures arrived today so ive finished my Persona 4 collection!

IMAG0110.jpg

No worries. :)

I have a quiet appreciation for figure collecting, there's nothing quite like going for a full set of something and finally achieving that complete collection, especially if it's a rare set of figures. : peace:

Plus those Persona 4 figures are amazing, full of life in their poses with a lot of detail clearly put into them, it reminds me that the Persona series is one that's well worth my attention and that I should get around to playing them all very soon. :D

First of all, thanks to @S\.C\.G for all the thanked posts. Made me feel like I wasnt just talking to myself in this thread! lol

[..]

I don't "thank" much in general. I prefer the higher quality figures in general (like this one or this one), but it's a cool collection nonetheless. From what I see they're prize figures, so they're harder to get than regular figures..

continuing my figma collection

Figma Solid Snake MGS 2 Version

[..]

I'm not that much into Figmas, although I have Lucina coming up. But I would have loved the Snake nendoroid though. Anyway, they're great for photography.. Which I should be doing.

Most of my figures are still in their boxes, since I can't be arsed to decorate my room.

I do have some pictures I posted on facebook..

A quick one that won me another Disney Infinity figure:

stitch.png

I only won because there were few entries anyway, and half of them didn't even know what they were supposed to be doing.. Anyway, I got a Tinkerbell. And that cake was disgusting.

I haven't gotten a lot of figures the last year, most are of the Nendoroid variety. I have a bunch coming up though. Anyway, made a quick picture of the 3 in front of my monitor:

nendoroids.png

Titan, Sinon, and Hatsune Miku.

Siona1436514084.jpeg

Can't imagine them doing another one after this one. Not from the original trilogy at least. Instant pre-order, though I'm not that hyped myself, but I need one for the collection.

Some other SDCC bishoujo announcements:

Sniper Wulf (Metal Gear Solid)

11659497_1146313698718358_5439594258626031616_n.jpg?oh=e62894621778b753de0bf1d05a215197&oe=565B4CB0

Spider-Gwen (Spider-man)

11694955_1146484645367930_4000791279806754794_n.jpg?oh=86418376caf09014825b0822d36f913d&oe=562B250A

And also: Lady Deadpool, Ibuki (Streetfighter), and another Harley Quinn.

Plenty of stuff directly from DC collectibles as well, but none that interests me much.

And plenty of stuff from Hot Toys.

1/6 Tie Fighter

02-noscale.jpg

Storm Trooper

22-noscale.jpg

Maria Hill

08-noscale.jpg

Ant-man

12-noscale.jpg

Ada Wong

29-noscale.jpg

Complete list:

http://www.tomopop.com/sdcc-2015-hot-toys-booth-36861.phtml

And when you have all the Hot Toys Avengers it looks like this:

NW143641938190C.jpg?1436607964798

It's a good thing I don't want them all..

Start saving up people.. Hot Toys went crazy and announced a 1/6 scale Millenium Falcon.

NW1437448080rl3.jpg?1437467107493

It's 5.5 by 3.7 meters.

It will probably not be for sale.. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

No they didn't

no seriously they couldn't have! thats too big! oh no

no

my poor poor wallet, i'm gonna have to have some extreme willpower to not buy that

They can't put it up for sale honestly.. Those Star Trek replicas Cube posted are $ 5000 to $ 10000 depending on the scale, and you can easily fit several of those in that Millenium Falcon..

I'm guessing it's just a showcase model for conventions. The news item on their site mention some convention.

Yeah either that or an extremely limited run or made to order, the size alone means its almost impossible to store

I'd have to give up my spare bedroom to fit it in!

I'll skip the typical anime babes, but here are some Nendoroids (from the latest Wonfest):

14.jpg

Anna Nendoroid.

I already have Elsa, although she's getting a re-release.

Together they look like this:

o0515040613377737601.jpg

Aaaawwww!

17.jpg

Yet another Iron man. This is the fourth Iron man Nendoroid, I prefer the first and third version. But..

39.jpg

The base it comes with combines with the base of Captain America, who's looking pretty cool in the artwork so far. Thor seems to be coming as well, along with some other Avengers I assume, so you can recreate the final stand from Age of Ultron.

Ok one anime babe.

86.jpg

Motoko Kusinagi figma from Arise.

I haven't seen the anime, but I personally like her character design (though I prefer her design from SAC). And like I've said in the past; I'm not particularly fond of figmas and other jointed figures, but must admit they're looking better each time, and they provide better photo opportunities. I did order Lucina afterall. I like the look so far.

Oh and these are interesting:

353.jpg

Yes, figmas I'm genuinely interested in, but these serve a specific purpose. They're tools for drawing. I'm very interested in getting them for that reason.

416.jpg

Another Snake Nendoroid.. Don't know what happens in the game, so I don't know what I'm looking at.. Though I absolutely love the cigarette accesory, but the previous one had one as well.

11755678_843054089111245_8684029721196637567_n.jpg?oh=dff3a4ee5199ca8a384d7e10151ab81f&oe=564D0F13

I'm not that familiar with them, but they look cool.

I'll look for other stuff. In the meantime, those who do need anime babes, here's a pretty complete list with figures announced at Wonfest:

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/22995

Edit:

Or this may be better; an image gallery:

Edit 2:

Oh actually, I was saving the best for last, but then I forget to actually post it. Here it is:

18.jpg

Edit 3:

Ok last one:

Jofuu1423438227.jpeg

Edit 4:

Ok, really the last one, for the Vanilla fans:

-OJ-1438002278.jpeg

Edited by Sméagol

Anyone know if this pack of Canned Air suitable for cleaning figures with?

I personally wouldn't go near them with it. They're toxic, although the ones you linked actually may not be, but they also have the chance of leaving some residue, depending on how you hold them (apparently). And if your figure has some delicate parts, you may actually blow it apart..

Since most of my figures are still on boxes, I don't have any helpful advice.. I'd buy a soft duster for hardware equipment (like lenses or something) I think. Or microfiber cloth. Just to wipe the dust of the figures.

Edit:

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/21459

Edited by Sméagol

just came back froma holiday in the US and I was collecting the different quarters that they have. A stupid maid thought my nicely laid out progression tally was a tip for her shit tidying, so she took about 20 unique coins.

Managed to build it back up to 30-ish unique coins before I came home though -- but did some research to find that they're releasing a new coin every 10 weeks up until 2022 (at least)!! I need me an american buddy.

The mint doesn't sell the "states" set of quarters anymore (they were minted 1999-2008) and the new "America the Beautiful" sets are $15 for 5 quarters. Which is $1.25. Finding someone willing to post them to me will be cheaper :)

(but to be fair I totally would have bought the proofs as they came out if I had disposable income back then!)

.. I just googled and have found that ebay has, of course, complete sets for sale... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/America-USA-50-State-Quarter-dollar-25-cents-In-Dansco-Folder-Complete-/181856784523?hash=item2a5782508b ... hnnng tempting!

Yeah, it doesn't work for older sets, but personally, I'd buy new coins directly from the official mint. In your case, if you just want the quarters, I'd get the silver sets.. 32 dollars a year is doable.

If I didn't have enough expensive hobbies already, I'd also collect coins, I look at the site of the Dutch mint every now and then.. I like shiny things. I have a silver guilder somewhere, and I never exchanged the old guilders I had left for euros. Ah, and I also have the original euro set, everyone got a set of all the (Dutch) coins when they were introduced. I also like the idea of getting some of those special euros, and then actually use them to pay for stuff.

Some new Transformers Master Pieces:

s04-noscale.jpg

Hot rod is getting another one as well.

Definitely want this watching me while I sleep.

gsc_nen_jp_00566_003.jpg

Slated for February 2016.

Thought I'd bump this for a change.

f0e950bc90bc2253e031d9396dacb3a9.jpg

Goodsmile has been venturing out by grabbing some western licenses, Nathan Drake is a recent one, and I just got a mail about this one. Don't have the game, but I like her character design, so I might just grab her.

Edit:

@Happenstance

I was going to grab this one myself as well, thought you'd be interested, but you won't like the price. Pre-orders seem to be gone on the big sites.

Kaneel1474945669.jpeg

Edited by Sméagol

Preordered the two new Mass Effect Andromeda figures today. Decided to get in early this time considering how quickly all the figures from the previous games disappeared. I'm seeing different dates for release though so no idea when I'll be getting them.

img-0381-1487465978935_1280w.jpg