NEurope
Sméagol

Other collectables

Go for it! If it's Video Games related, then in this board, or otherwise in the General Discussion board if you can't find anything :)

I personally want this to be as broad as possible, but I guess I should narrow it down as to not to interfere with other threads like the pocketwatch thread too much.

So post here the non-Nintendo games * / anime / movies merchandise and toys you have, or want. I’ll include designer toys. Old, new, whatever.

* As Nintendo related collectables can be posted [here].

I’m going to break my own rules immediately by stating I’ve recently purchased a Pullip:

529413_554190214631858_412417667_n.jpg

Yes, I bought a doll. Deal with it! :D

I’ve wanted one for years, but never got around to it, as they're quite more expensive than the average pvc figures. But when that cute little witch came around, the time was right. On a sidenote, I have plans for her.. It happens that my father wants me to test his old camera. I hope to take some pictures soon.

Anyway, the reason I started this thread because there were some other game-related pvc figures announced which took my fancy, but they’re not Nintendo-related so don’t fit in the other thread.

Labrys from Persona 4 arena is looking cool:

labrys1-noscale.jpg

But I already pre-ordered Mitsuru who was also looking hot and awesome.

The Dragon Crown beauties are all getting figures. Based on the artwork, I prefer the witch (I seem to have a thing for witches), but so far I’m not amazed by the sculpt. The elf on the other hand, is looking good:

elf-noscale.jpg

Then this. I’ve only played Silent Hill: shattered memories, so I don’t know any other characters, but god, this figure of Heather looks amazing:

IMG_2000-noscale.jpg

But damn, the poor girl looks like she could use a hug.. There are also figures coming of those nurses. They look awesomely disturbing.

Of those 3 I’m seriously considering getting Heather.

Some of you may be familiar with the Jaina Solo figure.. I pre-ordered her re-release. To go alongside her, is Mara Jade, who is looking sexy as hell:

1002122_682189721797427_1603157556_n.jpg

Slated for February I think, and looking like an instant buy to me, eventhough I barely know anyone from the expanded universe.

I’ll leave you with an anime-related Nendoroid.

0731-11-noscale.jpg

It’s the colossal Titan from Attack on Titan in chibi form, which is just hilarious. I have not seen the anime (I rarely see any anime), but I think I’d like this one. Unfortunately, I’ve been spoilered a bit by watching some videos on Youtube. For some hilarious photos of miniature titans eating even smaller humans, you can visit [this blog].

I Have this, but my box is in a better condition...

$T2eC16VHJG8E9nyfnfs(BRF6LRwyM!~~60_35.JPG

Dunno if it's collectible, but I like it!

You going to paint those models?

Those are just announced figures, so these are prototypes. They will be painted later (which also means there’s a possible chance they can still screw them up).

If I had to paint them myself, I wouldn’t be as interested.. I’d like to try my hand at garage kits or painting models in general someday, but then I’ll start with cheap warhammer figures, or even make my own clay figures.

Yeah, I forgot about them (the manufacturer), eventhough I saw their latest Enterprise (NX-01) and that other ship from the last film on Tomopop. They look incredible, but all they made me do was think “I want a high-detail replica of the Enterprise-E”, which they don’t seem to have. Some of the other Enterprises would be cool too though, but they’re a bit.. over my budget.

Anyway, I think you’d like this one? It’s certainly more affordable :p.

23042.jpg

Those are just announced figures, so these are prototypes. They will be painted later (which also means there’s a possible chance they can still screw them up).

If I had to paint them myself, I wouldn’t be as interested.. I’d like to try my hand at garage kits or painting models in general someday, but then I’ll start with cheap warhammer figures, or even make my own clay figures.

I'm afraid all Warhammer models are anything but cheap. But fuck they are addictively enticing. I'm so tempted to buy this an convert it into a Torterra:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2160073a

But I've still got my other Pokémon/Warhammer project to work on.

Well cheap is relative. What I had in mind when I said that was simply a set of basic soldiers like this one:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1490007

€ 20,-. Of course, I need painting supplies as well. But as a one-off project that’s certainly doable. I don’t actually play the game, so I have no interest in collecting a massive army, so I wouldn’t need to spend a lot.

Edit: plus, since I don’t play the game, I can sell ’m afterwards if I’ve done a decent job.

Edited by Sméagol

23042.jpg

Is that the newer version thats around £50?

Ive got the cheaper Cerberus version which is still pretty nice

SDCC11MENrmndyCrbrs.jpg

No, that’s the newer version that’s around $ 300,- ;). Bigger and more detailed I assume, but I would like to see some better shots. Anyway, can’t afford it when it’s released (I think September), so it doesn’t matter.

Edit:

It’s bigger by a large margin (yeah yeah..).

http://www.darkhorse.com/Products/23-042/Mass-Effect-18-Normandy-SR-2-Ship-Replica

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Mass-Effect-18-Normandy-SR-2-Ship-Replica___423150

Edited by Sméagol

No, that’s the newer version that’s around $ 300,- ;). Bigger and more detailed I assume, but I would like to see some better shots. Anyway, can’t afford it when it’s released (I think September), so it doesn’t matter.

Im probably thinking of the silver one thats £50 then

Kotobukiya announced 2 new figures for their bishoujo line. Only artwork is available at this point, but at least that’s looking good.

1393680_732844313398634_694878760_n.jpg

1187241_716677668348632_781727972_n.jpg

I’d be interested in Jubilee is she turns out well.

hmm.. i think this may be the thread in which i finally document all of my ghibli stuff... my latest addition to my studio ghibli merch collection is a 1:1 statuette replica of the baron from whisper of the heart, he even has a little music box built in which plays "country road" :3 i'd take pictures now, but a) lighting is bad and b) jamba is using the living room for co-op borderlands 2 tonight..

Where do you guys end up buying most of your collectables? Its something I would like to get more of myself but dont really want to have to start paying import tax etc if I have to get things outside of the UK.

Where do you guys end up buying most of your collectables? Its something I would like to get more of myself but dont really want to have to start paying import tax etc if I have to get things outside of the UK.

Can’t really help you.. I buy all my Japanese stuff from HLJ.com, and a few others as back-up, but all reputable businesses, so I always end up paying taxes (unless the thing I ordered is cheap). That said, this is always cheaper than buying things locally, if I can even find the stuff here. I also know of a Belgium site, but even if you don’t have to pay any extra taxes, the taxes they have to pay are already added in, plus the margin they take, so they end up being more expensive. Of course you could try Ebay or less reputable business who will mark your order as a gift or at a lower value, but I personally don’t want to take the risk. I hear mandarake is a site where you can do that, but I have no experience with the.

For vinyl toys I used to go to a local shop, but that doesn’t help you either. If I’d want vinyl toys now (sometimes I see cool ones on Tomopop, but I’m focussing on Japanses PVC figures now), I’d buy them on the internet, and many designers seem to sell them themselves. I’d try to go as close to the source as possible.

For vinyl toys and western figures, I’d try a local comic shop, they usually also have this kind of stuff, but again, you may want to look if you can get it cheaper on the internet, even with the taxes taken into account.

I paint Warhammer stuff every now and then. I bought one of the starter boxes, which was good because you get a shit load of models, but I don't play so most of them remain unpainted. Right now I'm painting this model:

m1821181a_99800101012_AstorathGrimResin_873x627.jpg

Spider-woman comes with a maskless option, and is looking great actually:

1461517_753352118014520_561768311_n.jpg

Mara Jade from the OP turned out like this:

1374332_734035129946219_1885626168_n.jpg

I pre-ordered that one.

For those who prefer western style sexy ladies, an original character (I believe?) from Sideshow collectables:

400242-queen-of-the-dead-013.jpg

Back to Asia (Hot Toys), and a manly man this time:

PD1379563448Ur0.jpg?1384036291962

I should get a Hot Toys action figure someday, because they look fantastic, especially for action figures. But they’re expensive.

I’ll finish with some robot action:

op3.jpg

I dunno. It looks stunning, upstaging even the Masterpiece Optimus Prime (which I have) regarding aesthetics, but, on the other hand, it doesn’t transform, which is a bit of a cop-out for a Transformers figure.

Holy amazeballs, I want a Hot Toys Adam West Batman. The best Batman.

Fucking adorable:

80396-2.jpg?1389971009

80395-2.jpg?1389971009

By Gentle Giants studio. Get them [here].

Gamercat pluche:

eb66763f5bbdaee95034c58c6908f29a_large.jpg?1390190367

Almost as cute as the chococat pluche I wanted. [Kickstarter]

And a Hayao Miyazaki figure!?

MIYASAN-4.jpg?1390277741

Available [here]

Announcements from Wonder Festival:

Nendoroid Solid Snake:

12397680993_3efcee41a1_o-noscale.jpg

Nina Williams from Tekken:

01-noscale.jpg

I´m not a big fan of Tekken, but I really wanted the Christy Monteiro figure, but unfortunately missed that one. The artwork for Nina is looking good so far though.

Nendoroid Cardcaptor Sakura:

Bf_dwgVCUAEs3vb-noscale.jpg

I WANT IT BECAUSE IT´S PINK.

Seriously though, I want it. It´s too adorable. The figure busines wasn´t as big in the 90´s as it is now, so big anime hits like Cardcaptor Sakura didn´t get much merchandise back then. Figure companies are now making up for that.

I´ll leave you with a Megatron who transforms.. Into a Megadrive?!

01-noscale.jpg

Announcements from Wonder Festival:

Forget all the other stuff...

I´ll leave you with a Megatron who transforms.. Into a Megadrive?!

01-noscale.jpg

Do Want! :D

My Assassin's Creed collection. Got Altair because it was £15 with the game on PS3 (Didn't actually own a PS3 at the time, so the game is still sealed), then got Ezio because I was going through a phase of limited editions, then bought Edward because it was also really cheap. I managed to start a collection without even realising. Just need Connor now, even if he was the worst character.

With bonus Metal Sonic and Kaneda:

1779813_10153833862160341_1155828201_n.jpg

I've got loads of other collectibles, but they're in storage. Things of note:

Bayonetta Gun

Fallout 3 collectors edition (with lunchbox and bobblehead)

Fallout: New Vegas special edition (with all the poker stuff)

Bioshock special edition with vinyl and other stuff

Phantasy Star review copy (Dreamcast)

Steel Battalion "Big Bastard Controller"

Halo helmet

Double Fine backer stuff

Edited by Goafer

Looks pretty cool, but is very expensive ($ 475):

jacket-me-n7leather-lifestyle.jpg

Weirder things have happened, a Playboy and Hello Kitty collab:

0000011120100_img_7566.jpg

Does someone want to give me the £375 I need for that jacket?