http://www.dragonquest.jp/dqm2/

• A single save slot
  • Multiplayer mode supports up to eight players, 4 vs 4
  • Uses Streetpass
  • Over 800 monsters including creatures from DQX
  • There are huge "G Size" monsters too

http://nintendoeverything.com/dragon-quest-monsters-2-remake-announced-for-3ds/

Edited by -Dem0-

Yawn... Same old, same old. Not even going to bother thinking about it. Will never receive a UK release. Even if it receives a US release, it likely won't receive a UK release due to every game having to have 6-billion European languages on it. Just chuck it in the same pile as the first one (and Joker Pro) and Fantasy Life and all the others since companies started getting lazy again.

I know this is off-topic but I'm really missing Dragon Quest at the moment. There were loads on the DS - IV, V, VI and IX, plus spin-offs. To me, the DS was a Dragon Quest machine. What I really hope for is a European localisation of VII and that they are actually making XI.

To me, the DS was a Dragon Quest machine. What I really hope for is a European localisation of VII and that they are actually making XI.

3DS is turning out to be the same, you just need a Japanese 3DS to play them. :(

Anyway, first set of screenshots.

PFNOXKpr

IMG_20140207_000815.jpg

This is why I like the eShop! ;) Going to need a new SD card though. :p

The game doesn't have S3D though which was disappointing, it looks nice though.

The game doesn't have S3D though which was disappointing, it looks nice though.

I'm extremely surprised at that, although I suppose it may allow for better graphics?

Ah, I miss Dragon Quest.

I'm sure Terry's Wonderland supported S3D - I might be remembering wrong though, it's been a while since I played it.

But yeah, like I said it looks nice. Maybe it's due to the larger monsters or something. :shrug:

I'm dying to play a new DQ in English. Come on Nintendo, bring that DQ Nintendo Direct!

Not sure where to put this, but maybe Dragon Quest XI is on its way. Square-Enix are back to their alliterative ways and have registered the title "Luminaries of the Legendary Line"!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/rumour_square_enix_trademark_for_luminaries_of_the_legendary_line_could_be_related_to_dragon_quest

Legendary (blood)Line = Dragovian? Got a good feeling about this!

It won't be XI (sorry).

I'd say it fits with II or possibly X. Some other people say III or VII.

VII was already subtitled as Warriors of Eden for the US PS1 release. It being related to X might be bit of a stretch though since it doesn't really fit.

"Legendary Line" could be related to the Erdrick trilogy since your playing as his descendants. The mobile port of I and VIII both have credits for an English localisation (both also had English text in the files) so I'm thinking it is mostly likely preparing for II/III.

It won't be XI (sorry).

I'd say it fits with II or possibly X. Some other people say III or VII.

VII was already subtitled as Warriors of Eden for the US PS1 release. It being related to X might be bit of a stretch though since it doesn't really fit.

"Legendary Line" could be related to the Erdrick trilogy since your playing as his descendants. The mobile port of I and VIII both have credits for an English localisation (both also had English text in the files) so I'm thinking it is mostly likely preparing for II/III.

That would be nice (remakes of I, II and III - maybe all in one game?) I don't think it will be related to VII, as surely that would have been subtitled in Japan a while ago (if it's got one)?

That would be nice (remakes of I, II and III - maybe all in one game?) I don't think it will be related to VII, as surely that would have been subtitled in Japan a while ago (if it's got one)?

Actually, yeah your right. VII's subtitle is エデンの戦士たち (Eden no Warriors or Warriors of Eden) so unless they are going to completely change it for the EU/US release it's not VII. The same applies for X. Unless they also registered the trademark in Japan to protect it for some reason?

II and III are the only games without subtitles (excluding the first game which doesn't need one). Incidentally those 2 haven't been released on mobile yet. So far it's been DQI then DQVIII and DQIV is next.

So II would be Luminaries of the Legendary Line and III would be Seeds of Salvation by my guess.

Sign in to follow this