NEurope
bryanee

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The film looks utterly abysmal in almost every way. Man of Steel was pretty abysmal so shouldn't be surprised...

Marvel get really interesting and surprising directors for their films and produce stunning results. DC get Zach Schnyder.... says it all!!

I know it's inevitable, but Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman coming together to fight Doomsday sort of spoils the entire premise of the movie, and seems to literally show us the end of their conflict.

I'm liking the look of it more as time goes on, but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic since I felt the same way about Man of Steel...

I know it's inevitable, but Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman coming together to fight Doomsday sort of spoils the entire premise of the movie, and seems to literally show us the end of their conflict.

I'm liking the look of it more as time goes on, but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic since I felt the same way about Man of Steel...

Yeah it's a bit of a joke. We know they weren't going to stay enemies but for crying out loud, they're undermining their own title... er... in favour of their subtitle ::shrug:

"Is she with you?" "No, I thought she was with you HAR HAR HUR DUR lol"

A buddy-like joke really didn't fit the trailer at all.

Sure, I fully expected buddy jokes in future films, but this seems to be right after they were trying to fight each other.

I still think its all just a bit of a rush to get DC's shared movie universe going. Marvel's worked so well because they took their time. This is basically Man of Steel then a load of heroes crammed into the "kind of sequel".

Want to see a new trailer but avoid over-spoileryness? Try this fan made cut (still minor spoileryness)

Edited by Shorty

Want to see a new trailer but avoid over-spoileryness? Try this fan made cut (still minor spoileryness)

Now THAT was a trailer done right (still the generic music but they can't rewrite the score can they? but they made it work)

I hated the proper trailer

Jesus Doomsday reveal and the end of the Bats Vs Superman in the fucking trailer? christs alive thats just ridiculous

It seemed like they wanted Wonder Woman in the trailer but didn't know how to edit it without having Doomsday in it

Not sure how to feel about Zod becoming Doomsday, effectively rules out any chance of Shannon returning as his brilliant Zod

but the main issue for me was Luthor and Eisenburg's portrayal? he's like some frat boy buffoon! he's closer in character to the joker than Luthor - why can't we have the Justice League/cartoon personality of Lex? or even Rossenbaum's smallville portrayal of Lex? i've never known Luthor go for Frat boy

I'm praying its poor editing and thats a public facing personal to hid his true personality otherwise a spoilt rich kid will utterly ruin it

It was barely any different to the original except for cutting out the end. That shit would of come to light before the movie come out anyway, this way you get a shocking reveal during the trailer with plenty of people getting shit hot hyped during the reveal. Seen plenty of reactions loving that reveal. They made the right call.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the reactions to the trailer.

Apart from actually seeing Doomsday, we didn't see anything/learn anything that we didn't know already. At least, I didn't.

Definitely enjoyed the first part of it with Bruce and Clark. I loved Man of Steel and hope that this delivers. I was initially skeptical, but I think it will.

He's a bit over the top but maybe in the context of the film it'll be alright...

Yeah that's what I think. This might well just be Lex's public face.

I'm kind of disappointed that he's throwaway, and that he's clearly the finale to he film. Felt like it should have been grander, or cleverer (what with Lex being involved).

Might cross over to Justice League 1 & 2 with Lex being the main focus of this film.

"Is she with you?" "No, I thought she was with you HAR HAR HUR DUR lol"

A buddy-like joke really didn't fit the trailer at all.

Sure, I fully expected buddy jokes in future films, but this seems to be right after they were trying to fight each other.

Blame all those people moaning about MOS being too dark :heh:

I still think its all just a bit of a rush to get DC's shared movie universe going. Marvel's worked so well because they took their time. This is basically Man of Steel then a load of heroes crammed into the "kind of sequel".

I dunno, I'm happy there's a different approach. You could argue that teaming up early could raise interest in smaller superheroes that may not have lasted too well. I couldn't see them doing an Aquaman film without raising his profile elsewhere, same with Cyborg.

Different companies, different approaches. It's like Nintendo and Sony :heh:

Edited by Ashley

Oh god I hadn't even realised Doomsday was Zod until I read it in here... now all I see is a horrible CGI Zod face.

... I thought Lex had just used the power of Zod's blood or something for his experiment.

Also, it kind of just makes Lex out to be a mad scientist, and I agree I'm getting much more Joker like vibes from his performance there.

The CGI seems pretty ropey so far. That rocket scene, the sand in the bunker, Doomsday.

Also agree on the 'I thought she was with you' line being very out of place.

Avengers saved their team up shot for the film. This film has given theirs right away in the trailer.

I predict that it won't be a very good film, but I will probably enjoy it anyway, kinda like MoS :p

Oh god I hadn't even realised Doomsday was Zod until I read it in here... now all I see is a horrible CGI Zod face.

... I thought Lex had just used the power of Zod's blood or something for his experiment.

Also, it kind of just makes Lex out to be a mad scientist, and I agree I'm getting much more Joker like vibes from his performance there.

The CGI seems pretty ropey so far. That rocket scene, the sand in the bunker, Doomsday.

Also agree on the 'I thought she was with you' line being very out of place.

Avengers saved their team up shot for the film. This film has given theirs right away in the trailer.

It's early days. Don't forget the Avengers trailer had really weak CGI that I believe got fixed for the final film.

avengers-age-of-ultron-37-squad-goals.gif

Honestly have no idea how anyone can think this when they purposely decided to forgo releasing the film this year.

Also, X-men worked just as well – if not better – than Disney's films and they were crammed full of heroes.

As for this trailer, it was badly put together (because it's got to the point in marketing where subtlety isn't the tact you want to take, the film is out in three months) but in terms of content, how does any of this not look good? The interaction between Clark and Bruce was on point.

How people, Dazzy in this case, can say things like it looks 'utterly abysmal in almost every way' is beyond me, just on the basis of Junkie XL doing the soundtrack and Larry Fong on cinematography (on top of that Affleck, someone who's shown himself to be a more than competent director, has chosen a writer that he is confident in) you know it's going to have a couple great things about it, makes me think some people have finally perfected the ability to vocalise liquid projectile shit. (Also, how the holy hell are David Ayer and Patty Jenkins not interesting? Not bashing Disney Marvel but it's pretty laughable to have a go at Warner Bros for not being interesting when their attitude to Marvel properties are nothing but cooky-cutter at best and disrespectful at worst – take Thor for example. It's that kind of warped thinking that labels Captain America as a 'political thriller'. Oh lord. If Disney were even remotely interesting they would just have made Captain America 2 the Black Widow film it should always have been or had some kind of variation in aesthetic and film grading across their films or not fired Edgar Wright or wouldn't have been on their third Hulk – the second in-continuity – or had a villain worth remembering who's name wasn't Loki.)

Well it was going pretty well until... That Doomsday
:nono:

Dear lord he looks awful... and people were saying The Thing looked bad...

fantastic4trail_610.jpg

I'm kind of disappointed that he's throwaway, and that he's clearly the finale to he film. Felt like it should have been grander, or cleverer (what with Lex being involved).

On the plus side, the scenes between Clark and Bruce look fantastic.

Doomsday's whole schtick is that he dies and comes back reformed. He needs to start as a throwaway, so he can turn into this...

HxEsCLL.jpg

Edited by Daft

Doomsday's whole schtick is that he dies and comes back reformed. He needs to start as a throwaway, so he can turn into this...

The comic Doomsday was an ancient Kryptonian terror though, this one seems to be little more than FrankenZod. It'd be great if they did go down that path, don't get me wrong, I'm honestly not sure that he won't just be a one-trick pony quickly dispatched by the proto-Justice League at the end of this film.

The comic Doomsday was an ancient Kryptonian terror though, this one seems to be little more than FrankenZod. It'd be great if they did go down that path, don't get me wrong, I'm honestly not sure that he won't just be a one-trick pony quickly dispatched by the proto-Justice League at the end of this film.

Yeah, I guess we'll have to see. It didn't really cross my mind that he'd be a one off. All I see is a big set up to a Death of Superman story. I quite like the new origin of this Doomsday (using Zod's body), I think for the film it works a bit better than the ancient Kryptonian origin (he's still Kryptonian, he's just a lot less ancient, although if he still maintains some of Zod's motivations and genetic programming then that's pretty cool, if you ask me – that'll mean there's Kryptonian heritage bred into him and all that rage he developed for Kal-El) as well taking the ties that Bizarro has to Lex in his new origin.

But yeah, if he's a one time thing it's going to be a completely wasted opportunity and I'd be surprised. Like I said, Doomsday is all about coming back from the dead and being revived from Zod he's basically done it once.

I saw someone said that Batman looks like Snorlax, and now I cannot unsee it...

Cheers, @Dr\. bob. Now can't unsee it.

The more I see Henry Cavill, the more I think that they nailed the casting on that 100%.

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, perhaps a better way of looking at this film isn't as a Superman sequel with the Justice League crammed in and rushed, but rather as the first Justice League movie where they're actually taking their time somewhat by reducing many of the Justice League characters to introductory cameos.

Did they sneakily do a new trailer for this ? Before The Force Awakens they showed a trailer that seemed to be an amalgamation of the two main trailers we've seen, but with all doomsday images removed from it........and it was by a country mile the best trailer for this i've seen

I saw someone said that Batman looks like Snorlax, and now I cannot unsee it...

"I am the night!"...*snore*