NEurope
bryanee

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The Man of Steel sequel just confirmed to be a Batman/Superman film.

Confirmed by Zack Snyder at ComicCon. They showed the logo.

To say I'm fucking happy right now would be the greatest understatement of all fucking time. They read this out on stage from TDKR.

"I want you to remember Clark," he says, "in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."

No other info yet but probably out 2015.

Title not official either.

BPpN2PTCQAA74T-.jpg:large

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg:large

Edited by bryanee

This is either going to be really awesome, or it'll fail

It'll probably make a billion bad or good.

edit

From BleedingCool:

"Hall H have lost their minds. People are on their feet and screaming, literally screaming. The girl next to me is in floods of tears."

to be fair I'd be screaming like a little fanboy if I was there.

That Batman logo looks like a naff placeholder :p

But cool news.

Edited by Retro_Link

It looks a little like TDKR logo.

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyder-will-direct-supermanbatman-movie-inspired-by-frank-millers-the-dark-knight-returns/

Here’s the press release from WB:

NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION

Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

LOUD crowd reaction

I hope it's about people like the Flash and Wonder Woman emerging (mostly only mentions of them, or maybe a quick scene of Barry Allen before he suits up properly) and Batman telling Clark that he has to be the inspiration for a new world of heroes.

I hope it's about people like the Flash and Wonder Woman emerging (mostly only mentions of them, or maybe a quick scene of Barry Allen before he suits up properly) and Batman telling Clark that he has to be the inspiration for a new world of heroes.

It looks like the Flash and JL rumours could be true with multiple sites confirming it through sources so I wouldn't be surprised to at least see some mention of The Flash as his movie is supposed to be out he year after Bats/Supes.

I'm still so happy about this. I've been dreaming of seeing them in a live action flick together since I was a kid.

As long as Bale isnt in it then I'm happy enough I guess although I would have preferred a different director.

To me Man of Steel is very much a Superman movie that would fit into the Nolan's Batman universe, it has the same tone to it.

In my mind they didn't use Man of Steel to establish any 'new' DC universe, it just followed on, it was very much a Nolan Superman movie too.

I'm fine with Bale not returning, he hung up his cape... and ok don't bring back JGL...

But for people to say they are opposed to the two worlds being linked, and that they can't bring back JGL because then they'd have to carry on that type of gritty realistic superhero movie baffles me, because they already did it with MoS.

Edited by Retro_Link

Two terribly average super heroes do not equal one good super hero movie.

Two terribly average super heroes do not equal one good super hero movie.

I will slap you.

Nergasm's

Nergasm's everywhere!

This has potential to be so damn epic, honestly i'd be happy if Bale reprised his role, but if not they best damn well nail the casting of Batman, i supose Cavill's casting was nailed so i've a fair amount of hope

role on more info, but epic reveal

I've seen a lot of suggestions for Karl Urban as Batman. I never really thought of him in the role but he wouldn't be bad.

This has the potential to be amazing. They should pay attention to John Byrne's stories in the Man of Steel comics, or the cartoons, for great ways to do a conflict between these two. Superman the unknown alien who had a fight in Metropolis that destroyed half the city. Batman the vigilante working outside the law. They both have reasons to be at odds, could be amazing if executed properly. The only question is, who will be Batman? Bale? Gordon-Levitt? Anyone else and they basically need to reboot the character.

WAY better logo!

Srs? The Returns logo overlapping the 80s/early 90s Batman logo that hasn't been used for years? Nah, this one takes the very traditional MoS shield and lays it over a TDKR (that's The Dark Knight Returns, not Rises) style Bat, which is awesome.

Ah yeah Jim Lee still uses it and pens many B/S comics, duh :p still I think it really reminds me of this Batman:

Batman-Forever-1995-original-screen-used.jpg

or...

poster.jpg

Edited by Shorty

Srs? The Returns logo overlapping the 80s/early 90s Batman logo that hasn't been used for years? Nah, this one takes the very traditional MoS shield and lays it over a TDKR (that's The Dark Knight Returns, not Rises) style Bat, which is awesome.
No I know the two logo's... I just don't like the use of TDKR one, I don't think it's a god bat logo... even more so placed behind the slick MoS logo. Hope it will change.

Yeah I prefer the curved logo I posted. It wraps around the shield nicely and is far more sleek and in keeping. I don't actually want them to use that Batman logo... but it just shows that something far nicer looking can be created.

Ah yeah Jim Lee still uses it and pens many B/S comics, duh :p still I think it's really dated...

I wasnt actually making any kind of comment or reply, just posting a Superman/Batman image I love and my preferred logo from the actual Superman/Batman comic.

I've seen a lot of suggestions for Karl Urban as Batman. I never really thought of him in the role but he wouldn't be bad.

Karl Urban? loved him as Dread and he had the same amount of face showing as Batman....hmmm

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed by this reveal. We've just had three earth shatteringly amazing Batman films and Man of Steel was also fantastic. I was looking forward to another few films dedicated to just the Superman universe. I'm not really bothered by all this cross-over stuff...in fact, it takes a little of the excitement away from it, for me.

So, yes. Would rather Batman pisses off for a while because we've seen him enough recently. It's Superman's time and I'd like to see where he could go by himself in Man of Steel 2 or whatever they call it.

Yeah I do think Nolan/Bales Batman is way too fresh in the audiences minds to be doing something different with Batman so soon.

Superman could do with another solo film before the crossover, but they're just basically rushing to a Justice League movie now.

Yeah I do think Nolan/Bales Batman is way too fresh in the audiences minds to be doing something different with Batman so soon.

Superman could do with another solo film before the crossover, but they're just basically rushing to a Justice League movie now.

The way I see it is that every time they spend screen-time introducing Batman or having him in a fight scene, that is time that is being taken away from developing another character in the film, a Brainiac or Lex Luthor. Hell, even further developing Superman/Clark Kent or his relationship with Lois. This is what I was looking forward to most in this particular series and it's gotten off to such a great start with Man of Steel.