NEurope
Serebii

The Simpsons & Family Guy to do a full crossover

Weird enough that I think this deserves it's own thread

Cowabunga, dude!

We thought we we’d never live to see the day that Family Guy’s Griffin family met Bart’s bunch from The Simpsons, but that day is rapidly approaching. TVLine has learned that in a fall 2014 episode of Family Guy, Peter & Co. pay a visit to Springfield, where they’ll be befriended by Homer & Co.

It doesn’t matter in the least to Homer that Peter is (in his jaundiced eyes) albino — in no time, the plus-sized pals are drinking brews and debating whether Duff or Pawtucket is the better beer. Meanwhile, Stewie is charmed by Bart’s old-school mischief; Lisa makes it her mission to find Meg’s talent (good luck with that!); and Marge and Lois become bosom buddies.

http://tvline.com/2013/07/18/family-guy-simpsons-episode-crossover-springfield/

This could be interesting. Both Family Guy and The Simpsons are a bit past their prime, but when both manage do a great episode these days, it's still a great episode just less common.

Thoughts?

I'd watch it, and hopefully will. This could either be really great, or really stupid, depending on how they execute it. It could either be a great success, or a total flop.

Hahaha, "a bit past their prime."

They're both awful, so maybe they'll cancel each other out and it'll be good somehow.

haha desperate times for family guy i guess..... Who is writing this though? I've more hope for Seth Macfarlene to be honest.

I know this isn't really a place for logic but...how does Brian fit in?

I like to think he will meet up with Satan's Little Helper in some way (is he still alive? I've not watched Simpsons for a while).

I will definitely watch it, i love cross-overs and self-referential shit like this, even if they both have been going down-hill for a while, i think they may manage to squeeze some comedy out of it.

The last good season of Simpsons was season 8, and there were cracks in that season too.

The show is an utter joke and this is a terrible, terrible idea.

I still sort of enjoy both when I see them, but they're just easy. I see much more FG as it's just on at night when I've got the TV on in the background. It amuses me, I guess.

Can't see how a crossover will work though. Admittedly I haven't seen much at all of newer simpsons, as I only catch it on C4 and rarely at that, but they just seem to be too much different things to work well together. Sure Family Guy probably wouldn't exist without The Simpsons, but I seriously doubt a teamup crossover dealie will work well if at all.

Final nail in the coffin for the Simpsons and Family Guy.

Dare to dream.

If they have Mr Burns & Stewie team up in someway then I suppose it might have a decent chance of being ok...maybe.

I'll watch it but as it's always said both past their prime. I feel like Family Guy has more highlights in recent years than The Simpsons but still this should have happened way before now.

This is just weird... but I probably will watch it so I guess it's doing the trick. I haven't watched The Simpsons genuinely for years now and I was never into Family Guy that much.

The Simpsons is a lot darker than I remember it.

That's not even a typo, i thought that was the dogs name...

Why am I remembering a joke that didn't even happen?

FALL 2014 :(

Yeah, it's awful. That means Family Guy will be around for at least another two seasons. :heh:

Yeah, it's awful. That means Family Guy will be around for at least another two seasons. :heh:

not-listening-dumb-and-dumber-o.gif

I love FAMILY GUY!

It's the only reason I watch telly, really...

Family Guy is pretty terrible now, but I loved it at one point. I'm not even sure what series they are, I just know there are two 'in the middle' that are good.

I would love it if they made a show about Stewie and Brian, their episodes are the best. The Simpsons is the same really, the early ones are a bit too dated for me, the new ones aren't great, but the middle is juuuuust fine.

I'm not sure how this cross-over would work. I always thought Family Guy seemed like a rip off/over the top version of The Simpsons anyway.

And The Simpsons is just a rip off of The Flintstones, which is a rip off of The Honeymooners, which is a rip off of The Bickersons, which is a... you get the idea.

Some of the episodes from the most recent season of the Simpsons were pretty good so I have some hope for it. I actually think an American Dad/Simpsons crossover would have been better, as American dad has become the better of the MacFarlane shows.

Edited by Helmsly

Keeping it in this thread, but they've just announced that The Simpsons and Futurama are to crossover as well