NEurope
Andyliini

Earthbound OUT NOW!

This isn't going to disappear any time soon is it? It's not a limited release, I mean. I want it, but have too many other things to play.

But yes, well played, Nintendo.

What's the price on this? Swear I'd seen somewhere that it's a bit pricier than the average SNES VC title, no?

Yeah, it's £6.99 but given that it never got released over here and the cartridges go for about £80+, i'd say £7 was a bargain. :D

I LOVE THE ROLLING HP COUNTER! :heart:

Just fought the second boss and got my arse handed to me by a critical hit... Went for one last quick strike... YOU WON!!!

1 hp left! OOOHHH FUCK ME! That was scary! :o

It's a stroke of genius! :love:

BTW, the game is now 10th on the all time eShop charts :D

Edited by Dcubed

AAAH next week I'll have a WiiU, with pikmin 3 and this gem of a game, it's going to be a blast :)

I LOVE THE ROLLING HP COUNTER! :heart:

Just fought the second boss and got my arse handed to me by a critical hit... Went for one last quick strike... YOU WON!!!

1 hp left! OOOHHH FUCK ME! That was scary! :o

It's a stroke of genius! :love:

I didn't even know about this until I read Nintendolifes review this morning. I look forward to trying it out once I get in!

Goodness me, talk about a surge. Nice to see many people buying it.

Yeah, it's £6.99 but given that it never got released over here and the cartridges go for about £80+, i'd say £7 was a bargain. :D

I just checked the eShop and it's €9.99. Sorry but I'm sick of this $h!t. I know it's not much but £6.99 works out at just over €8. So what's their excuse? It costs more to send it digitally to Europe? Just like Tesco's slogan should be, "Every little helps rip you off".

It's like in America it's $9.99 and that works out at €7.60. So why should we Europeans be ripped off? It's b0!!0x that's what it is.

I just checked the eShop and it's €9.99. Sorry but I'm sick of this $h!t. I know it's not much but £6.99 works out at just over €8. So what's their excuse? It costs more to send it digitally to Europe? Just like Tesco's slogan should be, "Every little helps rip you off".

It's like in America it's $9.99 and that works out at €7.60. So why should we Europeans be ripped off? It's b0!!0x that's what it is.

Typically it's England that gets ripped off :p

Do note that American prices are pre-tax

Typically it's England that gets ripped off :p

Do note that American prices are pre-tax

Wrong. Try living in Ireland and you'll know what ripped off is. The worst culprits are the likes of Tesco, Dixons, Argos, basically all the English companies. They mark up all their prices. You've no idea how bad it is. As an example, we don't have ASDA selling Wii U's for £200, we don't have ASDA full stop. We have Tesco who don't even sell the Wii U and are charging full retail price for 6 year old Wii games and a lot of those are shovelware. Cheapest Wii U premium bundle is €360 in Smyths which is £310.

Do the Americans have to pay tax on a download. I doubt it. How would they even do that?

I never did play Earthbound the first time, not even through an emulator though i had it downloaded literally for years. Someone sell this game to me, i didnt like Nes in Smash bros, the trailer didnt do anything for me but i do freakin love 16 bit rpgs! I just need a little push, in your opinion what makes this game the game that i should be completely pumped for?

I never did play Earthbound the first time, not even through an emulator though i had it downloaded literally for years. Someone sell this game to me, i didnt like Nes in Smash bros, the trailer didnt do anything for me but i do freakin love 16 bit rpgs! I just need a little push, in your opinion what makes this game the game that i should be completely pumped for?

It's generally well written, quirky, and a fun battle system where quick actions pay off, even though it's turn based. Furthermore, it's an affectionate (yet subtle) parody of old-school RPGs in general.

On a more minor level, there are no random battles, and if the enemy is too weak for your party, the battle is automatically skipped (since you'd be able to kill them with a simple attack, anyway).

Really, if you like 16-bit RPGs, it's a no-brainer. Definitely worth a purchase, too, considering the hurdles its release went through.

It's generally well written, quirky, and a fun battle system where quick actions pay off, even though it's turn based. Furthermore, it's an affectionate (yet subtle) parody of old-school RPGs in general.

On a more minor level, there are no random battles, and if the enemy is too weak for your party, the battle is automatically skipped (since you'd be able to kill them with a simple attack, anyway).

Really, if you like 16-bit RPGs, it's a no-brainer. Definitely worth a purchase, too, considering the hurdles its release went through.

Okay, you sold me on it, i will pick it up this afternoon and give it a go, its great ill be able to play the whole thing on my gamepad, i hate being interrupted when playing jrpgs ^_^

I put some more time in to this yesterday and a few things are starting to annoy me.

Does your bag get any bigger? Between all my equipped items, map, bike and a few other must have items, I have very little room for any items that I come across.

The way the battles work is starting to frustrate me. It's hard to plan your moves when the game seems to just decide randomly who will go first. I hate it when RPGs do this and I think Golden Sun was also guilty of it. I like knowing that if my speed stat is better than the enemies then i'm always gonna get first hit.

That mushroom enemy is annoying. I can beat it now without fighting it but when there are two and I do have to have them I always get hit with the stupid spore. I tried using the Heal power but that does nothing. I then have to trek all the way back to the Hospital whilst trying to deal with the controls that are now borked.

I gave up playing it yesterday because of these reasons as it was starting to frustrate me.

Does your bag get any bigger? Between all my equipped items, map, bike and a few other must have items, I have very little room for any items that I come across.

There's a storage/delivery system where you can store items you don't need (such as key items). I like the "limited bag" system, but the inclusion of key items in it is a bit archaic, yes.

The way the battles work is starting to frustrate me. It's hard to plan your moves when the game seems to just decide randomly who will go first. I hate it when RPGs do this and I think Golden Sun was also guilty of it. I like knowing that if my speed stat is better than the enemies then i'm always gonna get first hit.

That's strange. In both games, the battle order always made sense. Is it possible that other factors influence battle speed and you don't realize it? For example, an attack that always goes first?

That mushroom enemy is annoying. I can beat it now without fighting it but when there are two and I do have to have them I always get hit with the stupid spore. I tried using the Heal power but that does nothing. I then have to trek all the way back to the Hospital whilst trying to deal with the controls that are now borked.

I gave up playing it yesterday because of these reasons as it was starting to frustrate me.

I remember that enemy, and I understand completely :heh: I don't recall finding an easy solution for that.

Thanks for the help, Jonnas.

I'm not sure about the battle system either. I will have to take a closer look at what attacks are being used and see if that is a factor.

Oh! It's 8th now, having just surpassed Bit Trip Runner 2!

Next up, Mighty Switch Force HD!

Oh! It's 8th now, having just surpassed Bit Trip Runner 2!

Next up, Mighty Switch Force HD!

How goes your progress?

Same question to you Sam ( @S\.C\.G ) as I seen you on it yesterday.

How goes your progress?

Didn't get a chance to play it yesterday but I just got Paula last I played it.

Loving it so far! :D Oh, BTW - she has her own bag and her own set of storage which effectively doubles your party's storage capacity! (so that should make you happy later on ;))

Just got Paula, didn't get a chance to play it yesterday though.

Loving it so far! :D Oh, BTW - she has her own bag and her own set of storage which effectively doubles your party's storage capacity! (so that should make you happy later on ;))

YAY! I need more storage space!

I trying to find her at the moment but i'm doing a spot of leveling up at the moment. I think Ness is level 17 and i'm just erased the pencil. :D

YAY! I need more storage space!

I trying to find her at the moment but i'm doing a spot of leveling up at the moment. I think Ness is level 17 and i'm just erased the pencil. :D

Oh, you're not far behind me then. Trust the game to have you find a Pencil Eraser (cause a pencil sharpener clearly makes too much sense :indeed:), meanwhile you can find a ruler that actually does something logical...

zlCfzRDkGkQtZSZlB5

WOOHOO!

How goes your progress?

Without being too spoilerish, I think I'm about done in the second 'proper' town now as I've just got the second 'main' party member - including Ness - but then I did level up a fair bit along the way which has taken up a fair bit of time.

But I am loving it at the moment, devoting every spare minute I have into playing it. :D

First impressions, wow. Not going into too much detail, but this is a beautiful game to play. Took forever in choosing names for everyone (including the dog??). But i've put about 2 or so hours into it so far, adding more to it later.

Patricia Wagon has been beaten! Earthbound has just ousted MSFHD from the 7th place spot on the all time UK eShop charts.

Next up, The Cave :)

Nintendo Explains Why EarthBound Received A Price Increase

The legendary RPG title EarthBound hit the Wii U Virtual Console last week but after the initial excitement abated, fans soon wondered why the game featured an unexpected price hike. Most virtual console titles will appear in the eShop with a $4.99 price tag or (generally) £4.49 for Europe, however EarthBound is currently sitting pretty at number 2 in the eShop at $9.99 or £6.99. Fortunately, Nintendo has explained the reason for such a price increase and gave the following comment:

“As for EarthBound, Nintendo sets prices in the Nintendo eShop and Virtual Console on a game-by-game basis. Different games will be offered at different prices.”

Nintendo, no doubt, knew how well the game would sell as it had been a fan favourite for many years, and the anticipation and teasing from the company was award-winning, nail-biting stuff. However, the price increase could be due to the release of the online strategy guide, marketing from the new trailer, or toning down the game’s lighting effects so it would be less likely to strain the eyes and cause seizures. But even so, does this warrant a price increase? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/23/nintendo-explains-why-earthbound-received-a-price-increase/#comments

Thanks for the non explanation. They're only charging more because they knew it would sell like wildfire. Not a nice way to treat your customers.