NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Wow, dat Eurogamer pick.

Awards be silly anyways, but when it comes to pure Gameplay Mario never dissapoints.

Comments are golden and very sad at the same time.

Can't believe people can't just respect the medium instead of 'picking sides' and act like its some kind of war.

Identification is a strong force indeed.

Did anyone else hear about this "rumour"?

Unannounced Wii U third party exclusive (2014).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95227873&postcount=4358

A game in the same vein as Bayonetta 2, a character-action game and also a new IP ? Wouldn't it be fun if it turned out to be Devil's Third? :p (Nintendo seem to like reviving dead projects... ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

New Wii U owner here to ask a question probably asked a million times. Is it not possible to turn the screen off on my Game Pad and keep using it to control the game? Some games like NSMB I just don't see the point of having it on screen and on TV at the same time.

You can only do that with Virtual Console games... press ZR to open the virtual console menu, click in the right analogue stick and keep it pressed down while you touch the close button. The game will resume and you can play with the game pad but with just a black screen instead of it mirroring the TV

if u play with a wiimoteor pro controller you can turn off the gamepad screen in controller settings > display settings when you press Home button. touching any button on gamepad will turn screen back on making it useless if playing with gamepad :heh:

It is annoying. You're trying to save the battery life yet the GamePad is practically saying "To hell with it"...

If I know I'm not going to use it then I leave the GamePad upstairs and use the Pro Controller instead that way it stays off.

It feels like something that could be excused for being overlooked at launch but a year later...

Perhaps Nintendo isn't aware or it doesn't bother the majority, but it does seem like an option that should exist.

I usually just smash the GamePad on the side of my desk until it turns off.

Each to their own. I usually just sneak up on the gamepad and give it a heavy dose of chloroform. Though interesting, I find it's less violent this way.

Careful now, them conservatives will say we've been influenced by violent video games.

@Blade does this too don't you Blade? :p

Hmmm, I have not been experiencing these problems. I guess I might do when I use the console.

You can only do that with Virtual Console games... press ZR to open the virtual console menu, click in the right analogue stick and keep it pressed down while you touch the close button. The game will resume and you can play with the game pad but with just a black screen instead of it mirroring the TV

But even with that option, the backlight stays on.

But in the home menu, with the controller settings (where you can adjust the screen brightness of the gamepad etc...). There is a button "Turn screen off". What does that button even do then haha? Does it turn off the gamepad totally?

Is anybody else having issues making any sort of internet connection at all on their Wii U? Mine hasn't been working since Christmas but I put it down to the surge which knocked out Nintendo's internet services. But that's fixed now, right? So when I looked and saw I still couldn't connect to the internet I went into the network settings. My Wii U simply won't connect to any of my wireless routers any more. It fails before it does the check to Nintendo's services.

Edit: And now it's suddenly working again. I hope it's not on it's way to breaking.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Is anybody else having issues making any sort of internet connection at all on their Wii U? Mine hasn't been working since Christmas but I put it down to the surge which knocked out Nintendo's internet services. But that's fixed now, right? So when I looked and saw I still couldn't connect to the internet I went into the network settings. My Wii U simply won't connect to any of my wireless routers any more. It fails before it does the check to Nintendo's services.

Edit: And now it's suddenly working again. I hope it's not on it's way to breaking.

Re-connected my WiiU again last night at home and it connected fine.

Out of curiosity...

Does anyone think Nintendo might try and make a game that actually uses asymmetric gameplay on this thing? They spoke about it loads when they showed off Nintendo Land but it seems as though they've abandoned the whole premise already.

I'm still amazed we haven't got a 4 Swords Adventures sequel!

Out of curiosity...

Does anyone think Nintendo might try and make a game that actually uses asymmetric gameplay on this thing? They spoke about it loads when they showed off Nintendo Land but it seems as though they've abandoned the whole premise already.

Baseball in Wii Sports Club fits the bill. They're using it in the same way as in the original concept video (one player plays as the batter, with the expected Wii Remote controls, while the pitcher plays using the Gamepad - aiming and catching with the gyro motion controls while looking through the Gamepad's screen).

Wii Fit U and Wii Party U also have lots of assymettric mini games, as does Game & Wario. The Wonderful 101 also had plenty of sections that require you to use the two screens in tandem (cleverly making you juggle your focus between both screens simultaneously).

Edited by Dcubed

Out of curiosity...

It would be more like 1 Sword Adventure unless they get another gamepad working on the Wii U. There is a solution, online play but they won't do that for most games. Part of the problem with Wii U is that only 1 person gets to use the gamepad while everyone else has to use some other control method. It's not a level playing field.

Sorry if this is not the right place, but I'm looking to get a Wii U controller and am a little confused by it all. Is there a controller that works with both Wii and Wii U games (besides the Wii remote)?