Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If I'm remembering right, duo arts are more likely to happen;

- The longer a session is

- The more Duo arts you have unlocked

- The higher the two characters Skill stat is

As you probably realised, that last one is important. It's not a massive boost. But it is one you can directly influence.

Haha yeah as a JRPG noob I didn't pay much attention to the individual stats until recently apart from 'big level number equals good' :laughing: So I'm deffo using up all those skls I've collected so far and gaining more as we speak! I honestly thought they were randomly triggered so I'm gonna go ham on the skill stats now. 

14 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Haha yeah as a JRPG noob I didn't pay much attention to the individual stats until recently apart from 'big level number equals good' :laughing: So I'm deffo using up all those skls I've collected so far and gaining more as we speak! I honestly thought they were randomly triggered so I'm gonna go ham on the skill stats now. 

The Skill stat functions much like it does in the actual Fire Emblem games. It affects everything that has a percentage-based chance of happening. Critical hits, secondary effects of attacks (instant death from Ellie's Final Hour, for example), chance of hitting your target, and duo art activation are all more likely, the higher that stat is. Honestly, it's probably the best stat in the game.

There's some exceptions, like your chance of evasion being influenced by the Speed stat, but most stuff is based on Skill.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The Skill stat functions much like it does in the actual Fire Emblem games. It affects everything that has a percentage-based chance of happening. Critical hits, secondary effects of attacks (instant death from Ellie's Final Hour, for example), chance of hitting your target, and duo art activation are all more likely, the higher that stat is. Honestly, it's probably the best stat in the game.

There's some exceptions, like your chance of evasion being influenced by the Speed stat, but most stuff is based on Skill.

I have definitely noticed it with Ellie, I've used Final Hour about 10 times in the last few hours and it has worked every time! I almost feel bad like I'm cheating the game but then I remember they are cheating me out of time with this grinding :laughing: 

And I take back what I said about the Savage Enemies, it's a new set now and they are pretty hardcore!!