NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I think we may get Earthbound Zero and Mother 3 on the Wii U VC some point in the next year. If they're going to bring back the series at least.

I really don't want to see Animal Crossing on Wii U. I'd much rather all of what @markderoos wrote.

Not fussed about Starfox either but its reveal could change my mind.

With the popularity of AC, the fact most of the characters already have HD models thanks to that Wii U app and the overwhelming prescence in Mario Kart 8 and Smash, I'd be shocked if we didn't see a Wii U Animal Crossing this year though personally, it would need a massive overhaul.

I loved the additions of New Leaf, but it was still the same game we got in 2003 deep down. I'd love for a change of visual style so that the town actually looks a lot like it does in Mario Kart 8. And of course, a bigger focus with online. I remember back in the early days of Wii, ONM were trying to make sense of Wii Connect 24 and said something along the lines of "in standby, perhaps your friends can visit your town even when you're not playing". Of course, this never happened, but I was always so excited by that possibility.

I think a shared town that friends can drop in and out of at any time would be amazing.

I think a shared town that friends can drop in and out of at any time would be amazing.

This is what i've always wanted from the series. Being able to visit a friends village without the need of them being online or having gates open would be a dream come true and certainly get my interested in the series again.

An open world animal crossing. Forget trains, you can swim, boat, walk, cycle across the countryside to reach your friends towns.

And poach their residents to join your own town :D

Why not just live together in the same town?

I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. :D

Perhaps you could just host different towns and you'd all share a password to get on them? a bit like the worlds in Minecraft whilst still having a 'classic mode' offline town if you wanted.

I'm absolutely certainlf animal crossing Wii u too. And unless it's been hugely, and absolutely hugely overhauled, I couldn't imagine much more of a disappointment.

Retro must be close. Next level games must be close. Hopefully one of them, one for next year. I can just see the same old animal crossing in hd and star fix being a huge gimmicky motion controlled disappointment :)

Let's hope it's the opposite and an incredible animal crossing with unbelievable design and economy changes, Metroid prime 4, mario strikers U and a star fox 64 styled reboot with online dogfighting!

The longer this generation goes on, the more Nintendo push me away.

I held a faint hope that the Splatoon Direct would do some little thing to maybe garner my interest once more but it did completely the opposite. The game looks laughable to me now, an actual shambles.

I only hope Nintendo can one day drag me back but I've no faith in them doing so. :(

Was there ever a lower price for ZombieU (20 euros), or I can't really expect a cheaper price? Also, are there any games for 20 euros on eshop which are better?

The longer this generation goes on, the more Nintendo push me away.

I held a faint hope that the Splatoon Direct would do some little thing to maybe garner my interest once more but it did completely the opposite. The game looks laughable to me now, an actual shambles.

I only hope Nintendo can one day drag me back but I've no faith in them doing so. :(

You don't think Splatoon looks incredible? Imagine it had voice chat. You don't think it looks like one of the freshest games in years and years across the board.

You don't think Splatoon looks incredible? Imagine it had voice chat. You don't think it looks like one of the freshest games in years and years across the board.

As per the Online thread, I think Splatoon is a laughable, empty shell of a game.

I was so hyped when I first saw it, but everything since has dampened my thoughts on the game and that Direct solidified it in my mind as very sub-par.

Was there ever a lower price for ZombieU (20 euros), or I can't really expect a cheaper price? Also, are there any games for 20 euros on eshop which are better?

The game has been on sale in eShop for 10€. I bought my physical copy for 6€, seems super easy to find in here, I think they printed that and Assassin's Creed 3 about a hundred times too many.

Thx a lot, I will wait for the sale of that, or some other game. Sadly, the cheapest orice here for an used copy is 20 euros.

33l.jpg

Finally, please let me introduce you to one of our new efforts to maximize the value of the Nintendo IP.

Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts, which manages the "Universal Studios" theme parks, have reached a basic agreement about deployment of theme park attractions using Nintendo IP.

Based on this agreement, the two companies will jointly create attractive experiences by using the characters and the worlds of Nintendo games that people cannot enjoy anywhere else.

We will announce the details, including the specific period, which IP and how it will be used, at which park and the scale of the attractions, at some later date. However, today I just wanted to confirm with you that this sort of endeavor to actively use Nintendo IP has been progressing. - Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150508/04.html

Nintendo and Universal Team Up For Theme Park Plans

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2015/05/07/nintendo-and-universal-team-up-for-theme-park-plans?+main+twitter

Edited by Wii

Why is there no dedicated E3 Hype Thread yet?

Too soon or too late?

I needs me some hype to get me through thesis hell!

Too soon or too late?

Get on it then! I'm hyped.

Too soon or too late?

Shouldn't we wait til we at least get a timeframe for it?

Can anyone help, which is the best 15-20euro game on eshop? Thx.

Maybe start by telling us the kind of games you're into? Only you can judge what appeals to you.

Actually, if it's a good game, I am probably gonna like it :).

I am trying to avoid 2d platform games as I do have two (OK, I am thinking about Steamworld as it is on sale and looks interesting), so something different (wanted to get ZombieU, but after finding out that it can be bought for half the price on eshop I am looking for alternatives).

Usually, I am open for everything, but would like it to be a proper Wii U game.

PS

Is it possible to buy games on eshop, but for someone else (like on steam, where you can make a gift)?

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Loads of bosses, labyrinths and exploration. It's a just the best 2D platform adventure anyone has made for ages.

Shovel Knight, NES Remix 1 + 2, Steamworld Dig, Guacamelee... there are quite a few absolute classics on there!! Runner 2, Trine 2, Zen Pinball, Affordable Space Adventures...

What are you in the mood for? Lengthy single player game? Multiplayer game? Party game? Jump in and out game? Short but sweet?

Trine 2 and Toki Tori 2. Wait for them to be on special though.

As I said in the other thread, Steam World Dig is a great game and probably your best bet at this time as it's on special.