NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

A streak of diarrhea, that's what that is. As are Project Guard and Giant Robot. Tipping Stars and Mario Party 10 aren't great either. What I've just stated is fact.

Facepalm .

A thread that hasn't had a comment in almost a year, says it all really.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1695204&highlight=sports#post1695204

A streak of diarrhea, that's what that is. As are Project Guard and Giant Robot. Tipping Stars and Mario Party 10 aren't great either. What I've just stated is fact.

Again, you're stating your opinion as fact. Even if it's not the best game, it has every right to have some focus in it and it's not "hiding a lack of games".

What you mean is that there was a lack of games that interest you, and that's fine. There are some there that I have no interest in also, but let's not take our views as a statement of fact. I would never say statements akin to yours.

Edited by Serebii

Or they'll do it at the same time and Square Enix get screwed over :p
It's a tough one, because the disadvantage of the Direct is that you can just watch them back on the Youtube page at a later time. Nintendo need to get their message out to the media uninterrupted and before the show floor opens, so it makes sense to move it and have the focus solely on them... although yeah I can see them just leaving it :p

Any other year and I would think who would watch Square Enix over Nintendo!?... but (and I'm not all that clued up on their games so maybe missing stuff) this year they'll have the likes of Deus Ex, Just Cause, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts?... that we know of and who knows what else. It's actually a great, non laughable line up.

It's a tough one, because the disadvantage of the Direct is that you can just watch them back on the Youtube page at a later time.

Surely that's the same for on-stage presentations as well?

Surely that's the same for on-stage presentations as well?
Yeah you're right, it is.

Although in terms of the media, they'll be present at E3 with invites to attend the live press conferences. I guess that's alright for the bigger websites and press who can have two teams of people watching both, but may not work out for all.

It does make sense not to hold them at the same time, but I guess it's in Nintendo's hands what they want to do. They may not be bothered by SE themselves, but they'll be bothered that the world knows about their stuff before the show floor opens only the following day.

I'm starting to get hyped for E3 2015 :yay:

I hope we get to see Starfox for the first time (Anyone fancy predicting what the subtitle will be..? :heh:) and presumably Retro Studios and Next Level Games must be getting close to revealing what they've both been working on :smile: A new Metroid and Mario Strikers from those two would be extremely welcome. Any other reveals would simply be a bonus :grin:

I was happy with the format of last year's E3 from Nintendo, finding the Direct very well put together. I'd take another one of those :smile:

Yeah you're right, it is.

Although in terms of the media, they'll be present at E3 with invites to attend the live press conferences. I guess that's alright for the bigger websites and press who can have two teams of people watching both, but may not work out for all.

It does make sense not to hold them at the same time, but I guess it's in Nintendo's hands what they want to do. They may not be bothered by SE themselves, but they'll be bothered that the world knows about their stuff before the show floor opens only the following day.

The good thing about it being this far in advance and digital means they can alter the time. Probably push it forward an hour.

Though Nintendo has always like it being available right before the show opens so people can get stuck in it without losing mindshare

Square Enix are just utter bastards for this :p THEY'RE SCREWING WITH THE STATUS QUO

I am the least hyped I've ever been for Nintendo at E3. :(

I hope they get me excited again, I just don't have faith that they will.

Aye, very little to be excited about on Nintendo's front here; we know so much about Xenoblade already since it's already out in Japan and they released loads of info about it, and no Zelda this year. They'll have to announce something very special in order to wow people, that's for sure.

I'd also prefer they go back to traditional presentations like the other companies do. Far more entertaining and significant.

You two not excited about it? Surely you jest

I'd also prefer they go back to traditional presentations like the other companies do. Far more entertaining and significant.

How is it "more entertaining"? I don't get that. It's filled with awkward pauses, fake applause and ridiculous special guests. I much prefer they just give the full details about the game without all that bull

Hopefully Nintendo will just move theirs by an hour, but a part of me wants them to keep it at the same time and screw Square Enix.

Can't wait, so hyped. Retro and Next Level Games reveals would be very welcome.

I much prefer the theatrics of a presentation. Personally I find it creates much more of an atmosphere, even through a screen.

The Sony/MS conferences were so long, bloated and drawn out last year I was nodding off after an hour. It also didn't help that every single game looked the same as the one before.

You two not excited about it? Surely you jest

You're surprised?

How is it "more entertaining"? I don't get that. It's filled with awkward pauses, fake applause and ridiculous special guests. I much prefer they just give the full details about the game without all that bull

Have you ever watched Nintendo Minute? *shudders*

How is it "more entertaining"?

See following video:

See following video:

The best example, sure, but those moments are so few and far between across all presentations and those at home didn't experience the atmosphere like that.

That moment has become distorted through history.

Here's how it actually was to the people at home:

Edited by Serebii

You two not excited about it? Surely you jest...

Not at all. I can't get excited given their backwards approach to online/social gaming, so any multiplayers revealed just won't do anything for me and Zelda isn't making an appearance.

I'm not a fan of Starfox, not interested in 2D Platformers, Project Guard and Giant Robot made me think it's time they put Miyamoto out of his misery like you would an old horse. I don't want to see any more of Xenoblade until it's out.

Hopefully there will be surprises that will excite me but how can I have any faith that there will be when they've been so lacklustre this gen? MK8 & Smash haven't cut the mustard for me, Splatoon looked promising but all that promise fell through with their decision to not include voice-chat. It's all been backward steps from them this gen.

How could I possibly be hyped?!

Not at all. I can't get excited given their backwards approach to online/social gaming, so any multiplayers revealed just won't do anything for me and Zelda isn't making an appearance.

I'm not a fan of Starfox, not interested in 2D Platformers, Project Guard and Giant Robot made me think it's time they put Miyamoto out of his misery like you would an old horse. I don't want to see any more of Xenoblade until it's out.

Hopefully there will be surprises that will excite me but how can I have any faith that there will be when they've been so lacklustre this gen? MK8 & Smash haven't cut the mustard for me, Splatoon looked promising but all that promise fell through with their decision to not include voice-chat. It's all been backward steps from them this gen.

How could I possibly be hyped?!

I was being sarcastic :p

The best example, sure, but those moments are so few and far between across all presentations and those at home didn't experience the atmosphere like that.

That moment has become distorted through history.

Here's how it actually was to the people at home:

So long as that can be achieved, strive for it. Saying it could be bad if they suck is not the right attitude, is it? :)

For more, look at this:

They could have just revealed that but the fact they are there, with their smug attitude as they feed off the joy of the audience; that's what makes it.

Not expecting any megatons this year. :heh:

But hopefully Nintendo have got quite a few smaller surprises in store for us. I'd love some more MK8 DLC, a SNES Remix, the finalised version of Art Academy Sketch Pad, etc... :)

Guessing Star Fox will be fully revealed this time around, and we'll see what (if anything) has become of Project Robo/Guard. I suspect if we're going to get any significant retail game announcement from Nintendo it'll be a Wii U version of Animal Crossing. Which would be awesome, but at the same time I do worry that they'll be sticking to the formula too much, and AC could do with a bit of an overhaul now.

As for Direct vs Press Conference, I'm not really fussed. At the end of the day the content is the same, and that's ultimately what I'm interested in. Obviously the shows we've had in the past have provided a lot of entertainment and some great moments, but we've had more than our fair share of "zazz" over the years: :D

So long as that can be achieved, strive for it. Saying it could be bad if they suck is not the right attitude, is it? :)

For more, look at this:

They could have just revealed that but the fact they are there, with their smug attitude as they feed off the joy of the audience; that's what makes it.

Yeah, it's so funny that they got massive thunderous applause for confirming that they're not going to fuck the consumer

Yeah, it's so funny that they got massive thunderous applause for confirming that they're not going to fuck the consumer

Yeah, and they announced it in front of the audience, with a smug grin, and lapped up that reaction and turned it to their favour. Presence is a very influential factor, something Nintendo seem to have forgotten in recent years. It's like when David Cameron refused to turn up to some of the live debates; it just makes you look weak.

It was possibly the major (one of the major) reason(s) for the PS4's success, so yeah...It's very funny.

It was possibly the major (one of the major) reason(s) for the PS4's success, so yeah...It's very funny.

It was ridiculous, arrogant and unprofessional