NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

If Nintendo have no plans to use it for future games or patch it into existing retail and VC games it may well be true.

What's up with the site? I keep getting "500.shtml" errors.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, you make a good point about the adaptor only supporting smash.

But still, seemes really strange to discontinue hardware that is in high demand, especially something as easy to manufacture as an adapter.

If this is true, we surely will see a third party product soon enough.

In regards to the 500.shtml, I've been experiencing the same...

Can't be right surely. Not given the fact a.) they made it b.) are selling new cube pads c.) have totally just released a the latest in one of their biggest franchises that makes potential use of it.

Actually cannot believe it til I hear it from Nintendo themselves - and even if then I hope it's a decision they end up reconsidering because they're gonna get all sorts of hell of lashback from the consumers surely.

I call bs on this, the adapter is in high demand and so are the Amiibo's. If Nintendo did something like this then that puts them on a new low in my eyes. I can see them discontinuing the adapter in the future if it's only for Smash and they have no plans to put GC games on the VC.

Surely bullshit. Doesn't make any sense. Also, they have no excuses not to out gamecube VC now... Please do it Nintendo!

Nintendo heading for best holiday in years as profits triple, Bloomberg says

In a new Bloomberg report, it’s stated that eight analysts have raised profit estimates or ratings for Nintendo since September. The two most recent ones have called for profits to triple to 36.8 billion yen.

Tomoaki Kawasaki, an analyst from Iwai Cosmo Securities Co., said:

“Nintendo has picked up good momentum heading into the Christmas season. This time they have a hit lineup. Amiibo represents a new revenue source, and we are watching it very closely.”

Ace Research analyst Hideki Yasuda also stated:

“Last year was just a bad year for the game business, and this year is a recovery. Add to that Amiibo, and you’re likely to see a considerable improvement in earnings.”

Bloomberg goes on to say that Nintendo expects to take in $1 billion from amiibo sales in the U.S. alone. This figure has come in to question and some believe that the outlet intended to refer to yen instead. In any case, things are looking up for Nintendo.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-heading-for-best-holiday-in-years-as-profits-triple-bloomberg-says/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-07/nintendo-heads-for-best-holiday-in-years-as-profit-seen-tripling.html

i really really hope that adapter news isn't true. Same for those Amiibo's being discontinued already.

Surely bullshit. Doesn't make any sense. Also, they have no excuses not to out gamecube VC now... Please do it Nintendo!

Well they do have a good excuse...nobody has the adaptor ;)

Well they do have a good excuse...nobody has the adaptor ;)

Haha, well yes... Not that nintdo ever to the expected or a lot of the time even the demanded and needed, but they have the position now to do gamecube VC with no limitations though even if they did, I'm sure we all know they wouldn't choose any games which needed the analogue triggers...

Bloomberg goes on to say that Nintendo expects to take in $1 billion from amiibo sales in the U.S. alone.

I'm assuming that is Yen as $1 billion dollars would be insane.

Hasn't this already been clarified as Reggie saying the Disney, Skylander, Amiibo range will earn 1 billion. Not just amiibo!

Hasn't this already been clarified as Reggie saying the Disney, Skylander, Amiibo range will earn 1 billion. Not just amiibo!

Correctamundo

Wii U Winner - Game of the Year 2014 (GameSpot)

What's peoples opinion on this and what is everybodys Game Of The Year?

It's a tough call and I haven't played everything or enough of some games to give a definitive opinion. But what I will say about MK8 despite loving it there is a major fault with it that is completely ignored in the video. We have 2 modes in the game and 1 of them is completely broken and unplayable to me. Battle Mode. So that's a huge blemish in my eyes and would count greatly against it getting my nomination despite the great tracks, beautiful graphics, good online and brilliant DLC.

I think the only Wii U game I have actually played from this year has been Bayonetta 2 and im not even far enough into that to properly judge it one way or the other.

Nintendo should turn the Wii U into their greatest hits console. Add N64 and GC emulation and then relaunch it with the top 3 games from each console/handheld pre-installed.

2014's Game of the Year Nominees Revealed

The Wii U has 4 game nominations out of the 10 on the platform. Not bad for a console with limited releases. :)

2014's Game of the Year Nominees Revealed

The Wii U has 4 game nominations out of the 10 on the platform. Not bad for a console with limited releases. :)

Proof of quality over quantity

Im at work and Youtube videos dont work

Child Of Light, Shovel Knight, Smash Bros Wii U and Bayonetta 2. Sorry, I purposely didn't say so people would watch the video. No place for Mario Kart 8. I bet if Battle Mode was as good as the racing it would have made it for sure.

Child Of Light, Shovel Knight, Smash Bros Wii U and Bayonetta 2.

Are Child of Light and Shovel Knight specifically the Wii U versions or just the games overall?

Proof of quality over quantity

That tells me PC is the winner. :p

Also some of those games are on other formats, and arguably better versions.

I vaguely remember Child of Light. I didn't realise that it was out. Or good.

I'm gobsmacked they left out Mario Kart 8, every Game of the Year watch since its release they've been raving about it.