NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I never did go back to Xenoblade Chronicles X. As I said at the time, the entire game had a very PS2 feel to me which I was finding hard to get past. I doubt I'll have time to go back to it now with the other Wii U games I want to play and the great few months we have coming up on the other consoles.

I never did go back to Xenoblade Chronicles X. As I said at the time, the entire game had a very PS2 feel to me which I was finding hard to get past. I doubt I'll have time to go back to it now with the other Wii U games I want to play and the great few months we have coming up on the other consoles.

A problem I have with it at the moment is that I'm playing this having played Final Fantasy XV. The combat just feels so slow and boring compared to FFs more action styled setup.

There's also loads that hasn't been explained to me. I had to keep googling stuff on my phone to find out what was what. :D

The end is near: Reggie

“From a first-party standpoint, there's no new development coming after the launch of the legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild,” he said. “We really are at the end of life for Wii U.”

Trying to compile Wii U videos that were aired just before its release to correspond with what we're likely to get before the Switches release.

Anyone know of anymore?

I swear the Wii U has ceased production about 5 times in the last few months now :p

To be fair, with the switch coming out in a few weeks, and Wii U sales being as sky high as they are... this is a lot more credible. Even the last 4 times were credible :P

Probably they have enough to last the year, I imagine Wii U sales must have dived off a (admittedly not very tall) cliff after the March 3rd date was announced for the Switch....

Ugh, this news is worse than Sadness, Donkey Kong Racing and the Tab Cube put together.

[tweet]826838511852478464[/tweet]

His face.. so full of joy and happiness! I think they should release it as is for Wii U owners, free of charge.

I wish I could sell my Wii U. Damn 3D World and WWHD making me want to keep it.

I wish I could sell my Wii U. Damn 3D World and WWHD making me want to keep it.

Aren't you getting Zelda for it?

Don't tell me you are buying a switch?! :nono:

I tried playing 3D World the other week and struggled to get very far at all. Can't put my finger on what exactly was the problem but it didn't seem to hold up at all for me.

Aren't you getting Zelda for it?

Don't tell me you are buying a switch?! :nono:

I think I'll be trading my WiiU and 3DS in and getting Switch. It'll work out so I'd be picking it up with Zelda for about £20... I might as well, right..? ::shrug:

I think I'll be trading my WiiU and 3DS in and getting Switch. It'll work out so I'd be picking it up with Zelda for about £20... I might as well, right..? ::shrug:

I guess, if you don't use your 3DS much.

Wii U got a firmware update today, seems all they added was some text pointing to the closure of Miiverse. It might still not happen for a while yet but it seems too early. This will also mean that games will lose some functionality (Winder Waker, Smash).

If it happens any time soon I'll be a bit pissed and it will put me off Switch even more.

As bullshit as Wii going offline was, at least they had a legitimate reason. It just adds fuel to the fire that you can't trust any online component Nintendo offers because it could disappear in an instant.

• Like 3

Nice to see them still supporting the WiiU. Let’s face it you can never have too may have stability updates!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Nice to see them still supporting the WiiU. Let’s face it you can never have too may have stability updates!

5.5.4 obviously wasn't stable enough so they skipped right over it. Any excuse to crack this out though and remember the good old days...

2tf56CvSYmMh_JPT2UoimCV9Pegg9XfRDlNg9OEu

• Haha 2

On 02/03/2021 at 7:41 AM, Helmsly said:

THE REDEMPTION ARC BEGINS NOW

who am I kidding all of these Wii U ports to the Switch is the redemption arc :p

• Haha 2

I was watching this last night, its a long video but only the first half is specifically about the Wii U itself and I feel like he express's everything I felt about the console at the time, but much better then I ever could:

• Thanks 2