NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I set mine up last weekend after my girlfriend's kids asked me to... after a bit of SM3DW, Rayman, MK8 and Splatoon they quickly wanted to go back to Minecraft, Rocket League and Battlefront on the Xbox One.

Are Nintendo losing their appeal to kids?

Always interested in stuff like this Kav! How old are the kids? Do you know why they wanted to play? Do you know why they actually preferred the stuff they went back to? One thing I'd be really interested in is where/how their gaming path started and what their favourite games might be. Ofc this is just if you know, no need to go interviewing your other half's kids lol.

(Even as I started reading your post I was gonna ask why does Nintendo appeal to them - assuming it wasn't going to end as it did. Maybe I'm just as bad as them assuming the appeal will be to kids)

Always interested in stuff like this Kav! How old are the kids? Do you know why they wanted to play? Do you know why they actually preferred the stuff they went back to? One thing I'd be really interested in is where/how their gaming path started and what their favourite games might be. Ofc this is just if you know, no need to go interviewing your other half's kids lol.

(Even as I started reading your post I was gonna ask why does Nintendo appeal to them - assuming it wasn't going to end as it did. Maybe I'm just as bad as them assuming the appeal will be to kids)

A boy of 8 and girl of 5. I think they wanted to play just because I had the console and they'd not been on one before. I'm not too sure why they preferred the other games over these, they just didn't seem enthralled by the WiiU games at all and appear to have much more fun on the other games.

They both do love building stuff in Minecraft though, they're quite creative in that respect, the girl is always making stuff out of anything, bottles, boxes, card etc.

The lad has said before how when we're out and about he looks for buildings he likes the look of and then mixes their features together in his mind for him to then build them in Minecraft... he loves the TV program Grand Designs so it's that creativeness that brings out their enjoyment.

I think their gaming started with the Wii and a PS3. They had Mario Kart Wii and the Disney Infinity game as well as some others that aren't really worth a mention (shovel-ware). It was only those two of note.

I'm not sure about what games were there on the PS3 as it was their Dad's.

I set mine up last weekend after my girlfriend's kids asked me to... after a bit of SM3DW, Rayman, MK8 and Splatoon they quickly wanted to go back to Minecraft, Rocket League and Battlefront on the Xbox One.

Are Nintendo losing their appeal to kids?

289238.jpg?b64lines=SXMgTmludGVuZG8gU08gT1VUIE9GIFRPVUNIPwogTk8uCiBJVCdTIFRIRSBDSElMRFJFTiBXSE8gQVJFCiBXUk9ORy4=

They both have been playing a little more Splatoon today, seeming to enjoy it a little more... although the prefer Battlefront because of the different modes.

I really hope the Switch has Wii U games for digital download. I'd love to play Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad and Pikmin 3 on it.

Or you know, Switch ports with additional content like Mario Kart/Splatoon are doing.

Also,

Tropical Freeze at No. 20...?

Damn I detest the NSMB art style. Can't. Look. At. It.

There are way too many non-exclusives in there that don't take any special advantage of the Wii U hardware. Tropical Freeze is way too low on the list too, easily top 5.

Here's a nice feelgood video from Game Maker's Toolkit, showing you why Nintendo are the best at what they do :)

Nothing revelatory, but it's a nicely put together video that acts as a reminder of why we love these guys!

I already know why I love Mark Brown.

That's who you meant right? ;)

Must watch when I'm back in London.

I picked up a Wii U today. Hoping for a Black Friday deal but alas, there were none so had to settle for an Argos bundle.

Usual problem of the NNID no longer being valid as still linked to my last console which went ages ago. Sold everything when my partner and I bought our house and decided to pick one up again so we could play some games together, mainly Mario, and so I could get into the games I never played on the system.

Splatoon

Captain Toad

Star Fox

Paper Mario

Yoshi Wooly

DK Tropical Freeze

Super Mario Maker

Shantae

Mario Party 10

To name but a few.

I know the Wii U is almost dead and buried but I created a new NNID and went ahead and added loads of people with my new ID - Aneres01

Feel free to accept me if ever you turn these old decrepit devices on these days. :P

If anyone needs me I'll be having the time of my life with Mario Kart all over again!

Usual problem of the NNID no longer being valid as still linked to my last console which went ages ago.

So the Aneres11 NNID can be safely removed from friends lists?

Did you try contacting Nintendo UK? If you still have the same email address and all those details, they MAY be able to switch it over for you still? it's worth a try surely?

Here's a nice feelgood video from Game Maker's Toolkit, showing you why Nintendo are the best at what they do :)

Nothing revelatory, but it's a nicely put together video that acts as a reminder of why we love these guys!

That's a great video, as always.

So the Aneres11 NNID can be safely removed from friends lists?

Did you try contacting Nintendo UK? If you still have the same email address and all those details, they MAY be able to switch it over for you still? it's worth a try surely?

I know people have tried in the past and had no success but I might give them a call and see what they say.

Like you say surely worth a shot. :)

I know people have tried in the past and had no success but I might give them a call and see what they say.

I don't know if you ever purchased anything on the eshop,but if you did payment method could be used as additional proof? idk. Might be worthwhile emailing them rather than calling, on the phone sometimes the call handle feels pressured to answer, and the easiest answer when you don't know is a firm but uninformed "sorry, that's not possible." True on email too but they have time to maybe ask others? Or maybe phone, then email if they give the wrong answer :D

If you have the serial number of your old Wii U then that should help.

I picked up a preowned bayonetta 1&2 limited edition pack in really nice condition from game for £22! They have either got a really good price for that game or just accidently marked it up wrong because it seems a lot more elsewhere!

That's too bad, though the games were getting samey

That said, his information is quite recent. It could still come

I get the feeling that they'll probably revive it after finishing off their next big project and they'll probably combine both Pullblox and Fallblox together into one game. Makes sense, given that the Switch isn't BC with Wii U or 3DS and the assets are already there from the Wii U version to reuse.

If I am getting a Switch at launch (still not decided yet) then I think I need to start working on my backlog so I can pack the Wii U away to make some space.

At the moment I'd like to try and complete:

Twilight Princess HD

Bayonetta 2

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

If I am getting a Switch at launch (still not decided yet) then I think I need to start working on my backlog so I can pack the Wii U away to make some space.

At the moment I'd like to try and complete:

Twilight Princess HD

Bayonetta 2

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

I'm doing the same! :D

I was back and forth on what to play and I was gonna go with TMS#FE but decided to have another crack at Xenoblade Chronicles X. I only played a couple of hours of it when it first came out and wanted to give it a proper go this time.

I've fired it up, cleared my save file, started it again, created a better looking character and I'm currently level 9, 3 hours in and just reach NLA. I spent most of the time just grinding levels and picking up random drops from the environment.

I was going to go with Bayonetta 2 first because it's the shortest but I've decided to go with TMS#FE so I can have the biggest amount of distance between that and Persona 5 to avoid feeling burnt out.

I suspect I may invest in Switch at Christmas thanks to the Super Mario Odyssey so that may be the time I eventually get to play Breath of the Wild too. That's fine for me as I intend to clear Twilight Princess HD and Majora's Mask 3D in that time :smile:

How are you finding Xenoblade Chronicles X now, @Hero\-of\-Time? I picked it up earlier this week because of circumstances that meant it made sense to but I've never been particularly interested in playing it. I'll certainly try it out now that it's there but I know I can sell if for a considerable profit if need be :grin:

The only other game I need to get to in my Wii U collection is Starfox Guard, a game I haven't unsealed yet :red:

How are you finding Xenoblade Chronicles X now, @Hero\-of\-Time? I picked it up earlier this week because of circumstances that meant it made sense to but I've never been particularly interested in playing it.:

I'm not that far into it. I've only played about 4-5 hours and most of that has just been me grinding. :D

I've been playing most of it on the GamePad while watching the footy and it's certainly a strain on the eyes. You can hardly make out the menus and stats due to text size and screen resolution.

The character designs still annoy the hell out of me. They look so weird/garbage but I did manage to create a half decent, normal looking guy.

The story hasnt grabbed me yet, nor have the characters. With Xenoblade I was quite hooked from the start and there was a lot of intrigue there. With this I haven't found the story that interesting and as such have been avoiding anything story related and just spent the time randomly running around getting into fights.

It's still early but whether I stick at it is another matter. At least I got further than I did last time.