NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I dunno, I think some of the music in NSMB is quite good, they're obviously not going for the orchestral type.

Today is a good day for me, or at least I hope so :).

I've bought Shovel Knight on the eshop, plus ordered Donkey Kong TF from The Game Collection (just had enough money on the credit card I use for buying games). They had a good price, the only bad thing is that they allow only 100 points to be spent to lower the price, while Rakuten allows to spend all the points you have, but it was still cheaper on The Game Collection.

I hope that I will get it in the next 14 days.

Hey! You guys seen this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211347

Monster%20Games.jpg

Looks like Monster Games might be working on a new racing game! (In Unity it seems... interesting... Perhaps it's what's needed for them to make a new game on their own these days? Remember that they're only a small team of about 30 odd people...)

Apparently the bit about building 'the Career and Championship Modes UI' has been deleted.

So I guess the options are F-Zero, Excite and Waverace if we are talking games that could have 'career and championship' modes. Unless it's a new IP.

Today is a good day for me, or at least I hope so :).

I've bought Shovel Knight on the eshop, plus ordered Donkey Kong TF from The Game Collection (just had enough money on the credit card I use for buying games). They had a good price, the only bad thing is that they allow only 100 points to be spent to lower the price, while Rakuten allows to spend all the points you have, but it was still cheaper on The Game Collection.

I hope that I will get it in the next 14 days.

That's awesome :D DK is THE best platformer on Wii U, and that's saying a lot considering how many there are! Such a good title, I'm so pumped for you to play it.

And @Dcubed - Oh man, if this is a new Excite Truck or Excite Bots I might need resuscitating :bouncy: It's been FAR too long for games as awesome as those to make a return!

That's awesome :D DK is THE best platformer on Wii U, and that's saying a lot considering how many there are! Such a good title, I'm so pumped for you to play it.

And @Dcubed - Oh man, if this is a new Excite Truck or Excite Bots I might need resuscitating :bouncy: It's been FAR too long for games as awesome as those to make a return!

For now, I love Shovel Knight, the game is harder than I first thought :). They have just today accepted my order for Donkey Kong, so I will have to wait at least till the end of next week to get it, but it's fine, as I have Lego City Undercover to finish first :).

For now, I love Shovel Knight, the game is harder than I first thought :). They have just today accepted my order for Donkey Kong, so I will have to wait at least till the end of next week to get it, but it's fine, as I have Lego City Undercover to finish first :).

Ah, well it will be worth the wait! I haven't got Shovel Knight, I've heard great things but after playing the demo I think it's too hard for me. It's the same reason why, as much as I love his design and the music, I just can't get into the Megaman series.

And I hope you enjoy Lego City. I never completed it. I enjoyed what I played but I got it early on with my Wii U alongside a bunch of other games and never ended up going back to it. I should probably return to it at some point, the loading times just really dampened the experience for me though.

Ah, well it will be worth the wait! I haven't got Shovel Knight, I've heard great things but after playing the demo I think it's too hard for me.

I am happy it's not just me as I had problems already on the first levels (not that I couldn't finish them, but I would died quiet often).

And I hope you enjoy Lego City. I never completed it. I enjoyed what I played but I got it early on with my Wii U alongside a bunch of other games and never ended up going back to it. I should probably return to it at some point, the loading times just really dampened the experience for me though.

I really like it. The loading times are long, but they don't bother me a lot as the missions plus my exploring takes long enough so the breaks don't come to often.

[TWEET]725227094507134978[/TWEET]

[TWEET]725226766319648768[/TWEET]

Staggeringly low numbers. Basically expect to sell one piece of software per Wii U owner.

Staggeringly low numbers. Basically expect to sell one piece of software per Wii U owner.

If everything goes to plan only from me they can expect some 10 titles (and I am not counting digital only titles, that's separate, but games like Monster Hunter, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda TP, Lego Star Wars, Captain Toad and so on.....).

Not all of them will be expensive but still.... :D.

I won't be buying anything this year. Unless Paper Mario is more like the first two games rather than the more recent ones.

I won't be buying anything this year. Unless Paper Mario is more like the first two games rather than the more recent ones.

All signs are it pointing to be like the more recent ones, with sidekicks and crazy characters being replaced with endless Toads. The fact that they call it an action adventure rather than a RPG shows which direction they are taking the series in. Sad times as the first two games are something very special.

All signs are it pointing to be like the more recent ones, with sidekicks and crazy characters being replaced with endless Toads. The fact that they call it an action adventure rather than a RPG shows which direction they are taking the series in. Sad times as the first two games are something very special.

Sad times indeed. The first two were brilliant. The one on the Wii was the last one I played and it was nothing compared to the others.

Guess that's nothing for me on the WiiU this year then!

I must be one of the only people to actually have a little bit of a Wii U backlog.. :heh:

I've only been through Starfox Zero once, so there's plenty to explore there, while Starfox Guard is still sealed! I've barely scratched the surface of Twilight Princess HD and Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water while I still need to go back and finish Pikmin 3 :grin:

I also want to keep chipping away at games such as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Game & Wario and Yoshi's Woolly World in an attempt to collect everything and beat them 100% while also finishing off the Amiibo content in Splatoon and, if I pick up a Toad amiibo, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

If E3 reveals even just one small Wii U surprise, I'll actually be pretty happy for the year :red:

I could get myself a WiiU backlog, it's just that the games aren't good enough for me to pick up and so the backlog I'd have just isn't worth it.

I have a backlog as well because I just don't get as much single player gaming time as a I used to.

What I could really do with is at least one online Wii U game that is not awful between now and the end of the Wii U's life.

Is that too much to ask for Nintendo?

Yoshi's WW sold 1,37 million, that's good, isn't it?

It is indeed. A miracle in fact because it did terribly in both Europe and Japan. America completely saved this game's sales!

It is indeed. A miracle in fact because it did terribly in both Europe and Japan. America completely saved this game's sales!

One of the games on my list. I don't get it how it failed in Japan and Europe, it looks great, too cute :D.

I must be one of the only people to actually have a little bit of a Wii U backlog.. :heh:

I've got a little bit of a backlog but that's only Virtual Console games, oh and a few eShop games thanks to the humble bundle. :D In terms of retail releases I have a couple to play through and that's it.

The release schedule has been so sparse for the Wii U that it's been really easy to keep up with the games they've released.

This is post number 1000 on this forum for me, so I will use it to say that it looks like I have finally successfully ordered Wii U Pro Controller :D, and I have also agreed to buy Bayonetta 2 from a guy I know (I actually told him to keep the game for me when he was selling his Wii U and remembered today about it).

On top of that I have ordered 15,6" tablet/laptop and managed to get the Humble Bundle games, so a great day for me, thank God.

I know this has nothing to do with the Wii U, but I wanted the post "1000" to be a positive one :D.

PS

I don't know if it was here, but it looks that Nintendo is selling their stake in Seattle Mariners. It could bring them 650m dollars.

Edited by Kounan

so I jumped on that humble bundle deal as I wanted to get freedom planet.

entered the code and then got message saying my Wii U do not have enough memory. I go to memory setting and delete some stuff. Go back to the shop am back on the main page, no record of me entering the code to buy freedom planet and instead asking me to pay full price.

WTF!! This is some BS

entered the code and then got message saying my Wii U do not have enough memory. I go to memory setting and delete some stuff. Go back to the shop am back on the main page, no record of me entering the code to buy freedom planet and instead asking me to pay full price.

WTF!! This is some BS

Would it be in previous purchases/downloads or whatever its called? i.e. does it know you have bought it and now rather than try and re-buy it through the shop listing should you be looked to 're'download it?

WTF!! This is some BS

I had this exact issue with DarkSiders 2.

I went back onto the eshop -> User Menu -> Titles You Have Downloaded

And found it there. I could then download it.

Freedom Planet is an ace game.