NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I've just seen this: http://www.thegamecollection.net/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u.html , it's 24,95. Is this now the regular price, or is it going up again? I would like to get it, but would have to wait a bit.

EDIT: Now it's 20.79....

Since I've logged in all price are down about 10-20%....

It's £10 on Shopto at the moment.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUMO01-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

I've just seen this: http://www.thegamecollection.net/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u.html , it's 24,95. Is this now the regular price, or is it going up again? I would like to get it, but would have to wait a bit.

EDIT: Now it's 20.79....

I'm fairly certain it popped up on Hot UK Deals for £9.95 the other day so it may be worth holding out until it goes on offer like that again :smile:

Alternatively, refuse to purchase it at any price, like me :heh:

Thx guys, I will wait (Zelda TP is 27pounds), or actually I will see if shopto will send it to Croatia to my sister.

EDIT: It looks like they don't have the game now.... But at least I have registered.

It looks like I am going to wait now and hope to get it for the same price on the 21st, as they don't let me pre-order it (it does say it's available for back order, what ever that means, but when I click on it it says the game is not available now).

I need 2 cheaper games I would buy now so I can change the address and send the more expensive games to my sister.

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

I need a controller for PC, so the XBOX one would be the best choice, but as I don't have pro controller for Wii U, I would like to buy that one and use it also on the PC (WIN10)

I did read that it is possible to set it up (bluetooth, toshiba......), but just wanted to see if any of you guys has any experience with this?

I need a controller for PC, so the XBOX one would be the best choice, but as I don't have pro controller for Wii U, I would like to buy that one and use it also on the PC (WIN10)

I did read that it is possible to set it up (bluetooth, toshiba......), but just wanted to see if any of you guys has any experience with this?

It is indeed possible. Doing it via bluetooth requires some sort of special driver, but it should be easier to get working via a wired connection.

I couldn't be bothered to set it up myself (I just use Xbone/360 controllers), but I know that @RedShell uses one on his PC, so I'm sure he can go into further detail ;)

It is indeed possible. Doing it via bluetooth requires some sort of special driver, but it should be easier to get working via a wired connection.

I couldn't be bothered to set it up myself (I just use Xbone/360 controllers), but I know that @RedShell uses one on his PC, so I'm sure he can go into further detail ;)

After I've posted the previous post I have found out that there is USB connector which makes the Pro Controller work with PC, so I have order the controller and if I have problems with the software solution I will try to find the connector and order it :).

Not used it for a while mind you, in fact, I think upgrading to Windows 10 might have killed it. :heh:

After I've posted the previous post I have found out that there is USB connector which makes the Pro Controller work with PC, so I have order the controller and if I have problems with the software solution I will try to find the connector and order it :).
That will be the best way to go about it, yeah. As the wireless when using these kind of setups is always pretty flaky in my experience, with both Wii U Pro Controller and the DS3.

That will be the best way to go about it, yeah. As the wireless when using these kind of setups is always pretty flaky in my experience, with both Wii U Pro Controller and the DS3.

Can you give me a link to a good connector, please?

I've not used it myself, but this one is supposedly pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mayflash-W009-Wireless-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1458559659&sr=1-1&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller+mayflash

Did have a Mayflash GCN to USB adapter in the past though, and that was excellent.

Thx, I'll see if I need it, but will eventually order it so I can use it on any PC.

1) The Nikkei just reports Nintendo will stop producing Wii U within 2016. It doesn't say they will necessarily start selling NX in 2016.

2) Acc. to the paper, some Wii U accessories are already not being produced anymore. Nintendo plans to deplete inventory this year. //end

Interesting!

Eugh.. playing Starfox 64 on the Wii U Virtual Console yesterday highlights just how pathetic and weak the rumble is in both the Wii U Gamepad and Pro Controller :nono:

To be honest, it hasn't bothered me that much in most games but enjoying things like Wave Race: Blue Storm recently has reminded me just how much force feedback can enhance an experience. I really hope Nintendo sort this out for NX!

Whenever I feel like gaming lately, I just can't find a reason to turn this console on. I can't even remember the last time I did!

I've really not enjoyed Nintendo gaming this generation, it needs to be over asap for me, the WiiU has turned out to be my least favourite console ever.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some games on the system, but those that I've liked most have not been Nintendo developed games... and that's a first!

I really hope the NX rectifies the missteps Nintendo took this gen, I'm looking forward to finding out about it, but I'm not hopeful... I've learnt not to be with Nintendo now, as they don't seem to be learning themselves.

Edited by Kav

Whenever I feel like gaming lately, I just can't find a reason to turn this console on...

Same for me at the moment. I've got Wooly World, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Bayo 1&2 and ACreed IV sat half-played for the system. Genuinely have only enjoyed a few games for the WiiU. The issue for me has been the lack of buzz around the system, which has continued to cripple it in the long run from my own POV and the industry at large. I've enjoyed a few games and still maintain that Nintendo are vital to the creativity and scope of the games industry; but this gen has felt flat.

Nintendo half-assed the VC side of things (IE: the DS should have been there from day 1), the more mature titles they produce like Metroid and Zelda were missing/remakes and...the console just felt lifeless at times. Strange considering the Wii felt full of life.

The issue may not be just Nintendo's though. It could be mine.

I picked up a PS4 to fill in the gaping hole of sports games WiiU created and that system feels dialled in to me - other than the social features which feel unique. There are fantastic games but many sub-AAA games are few and far between. I have enjoyed Firewatch/Unravel but they do lack the finesse of top-tier games. Firewatch in particular launched with a shocking framerate.

And with the rumoured PS4k, I'm not too happy as a consumer in the games industry at the moment.

Thinking about the last few years, to me only Splatoon has felt fresh. I just wish it had included a more substantial and fleshed-out solo campaign. If it had, I'd have been much more content with having played something engrossing yet unique this gen.

Edited by tapedeck

I'm the opposite! I play my Wii U and my Wii almost every single day. Due to the bird getting a new job which means she is up at 6am I just get up and play on the Wii doing more pick up and play or VC games whilst she gets ready, then when she leaves I start getting ready for work.

I play the Wii U in the evening for an hour or so and have been loving the output so much I still have a backlog of new sealed games - Mario Maker, Project Zero and Kirby are all waiting to be played. This year I have been playing Twilight Princess, Devil's Third, Splatoon and Captain Toad. I think there's a lot of variety in those games.

I'm also really looking forward to Star Fox and have the first print edition on pre-order. Then there's Fire Emblem and Zelda still to come and I really want to pick up Pokken as well.

I really don't feel as if I've missed out on anything by not owning the other consoles. As of yet, I haven't seen anything on them that I have felt is fresh or compelling enough to justify purchasing them. What's more, when I see the shit EA and Ubisoft pull with some of their bigger franchises and the fact that games are now basically being carved up so they can be sold to consumers at £89.99 with a season pass included, I'm pleased I'm not part of that.

I still enjoy playing my Wii U. While i've exhausted all the retail titles available, I do enjoy playing the VC games. I still have a little backlog of them that needs taking care of.

I've been feeling the need to replay the likes of Captain Toad, Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3, so I may jump back on one of those very soon.

I've been feeling the need to replay the likes of Captain Toad, Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3, so I may jump back on one of those very soon.

I'll get a kicking for this, but I think Super Mario 3D World is the finest Mario game Nintendo have ever made. Galaxy was obviously outstanding but the ideas, variety and perfectly tuned level design in 3D World put it on another level for me. 3D platforming perfection IMO.

I'll get a kicking for this, but I think Super Mario 3D World is the finest Mario game Nintendo have ever made. Galaxy was obviously outstanding but the ideas, variety and perfectly tuned level design in 3D World put it on another level for me. 3D platforming perfection IMO.

I think the Galaxy games are better, but 3D World is a fantastic game.

It's amazing when you get 4 people together, but I do feel it lacks a little as a single player in comparison to other Mario games... but maybe that's because of how good the Galaxy games were..?

Such a shame it's missing online for it's multiplayer though.

It's an amazing game, I think I prefer Galaxy 2 to 3D World though. However saying that, I feel that 3D World is a gaming masterpiece and almost a logical extension of the Galaxy games. The fact that each level was so distinct and there are so many unique and wonderful moments in it really does say an awful lot - especially for a series that has been going so long.

I always find it amazing how Nintendo can introduce a mechanic or a theme in a single level of 3D World, teach you that mechanic and then play it out to perfection in that single level, when other lesser developers would take that one theme or mechanic and hang a whole game around it, still not getting it as right as Nintendo do in that single level.

I also like the run button! I think with analogue control people over rate how it used. Yes, of course you can walk with a little pressure or jog with a little more and then run with the stick fully pushed in one direction. However for the most part the stick is either pushed tentatively or pushed the whole way. In effect, the run button was fine, I also think the run button in Sonic The Lost World was a good thing!

Reminds me of this brilliant video that explains 3D World's level design genius. Worth a watch if anyone hasn't yet...

Whenever I feel like gaming lately, I just can't find a reason to turn this console on. I can't even remember the last time I did!

I've really not enjoyed Nintendo gaming this generation, it needs to be over asap for me, the WiiU has turned out to be my least favourite console ever.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed some games on the system, but those that I've liked most have not been Nintendo developed games... and that's a first!

I really hope the NX rectifies the missteps Nintendo took this gen, I'm looking forward to finding out about it, but I'm not hopeful... I've learnt not to be with Nintendo now, as they don't seem to be learning themselves.

Play Xenoblade, give it a chance. Unless you really don't like exploring at all you should try it. I never had any problems with missions because of affinity, at least not for the missions in the main story.

I still haven't finished it, but only because I am exploring now and don't want to start the last chapter (now I am probably overpowered anyway).