NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

One question.

When you buy a second hand Wii U, can you play the games which are installed on it (digital games) even if the former owner deletes his account on the console, so he can use it on another one?

One question.

When you buy a second hand Wii U, can you play the games which are installed on it (digital games) even if the former owner deletes his account on the console, so he can use it on another one?

No you can't. Unfortunately all purchases you make on your Wii U are tied to that Wii U & Nintendo Network ID account combination. So if you sell your Wii U and delete the NNID from it, the next owner won't have access to any of your games. If you then bought another Wii U and logged in with your old NNID, you won't have access to any of the games you bought on the other one.

It's a terrible system, but one that Nintendo seem to have fixed with the new Nintendo Account System that will be in use with the NX. We don't know yet if in future we'll be able to access current eShop purchases on future systems, but any purchases you make on NX should be able to be accessed on any system you log in to.

No you can't. Unfortunately all purchases you make on your Wii U are tied to that Wii U & Nintendo Network ID account combination. So if you sell your Wii U and delete the NNID from it, the next owner won't have access to any of your games. If you then bought another Wii U and logged in with your old NNID, you won't have access to any of the games you bought on the other one.

It's a terrible system, but one that Nintendo seem to have fixed with the new Nintendo Account System that will be in use with the NX. We don't know yet if in future we'll be able to access current eShop purchases on future systems, but any purchases you make on NX should be able to be accessed on any system you log in to.

If you take note of the unique code on your Wii U, then you can have Nintendo unassociate the NNID.. so you can log onto a new Wii U with your software...

It's more cumbersome than it ought to be but it's only a 3/4 working day switch (yes I know it should be faster but for what it is, that is reasonably fast. It might be faster too.. just I wasn't in a particular rush!)

Edited by Pestneb

Thx. I was thinking of getting the a second Wii U so wanted to go second hand, but people here sell it and mention games they have installed on it and adjust the price according to it.

If you take not of the unique code on your Wii U, then you can have Nintendo unassociate the NNID.. so you can log onto a new Wii U with your software...

It's more cumbersome than it ought to be but it's only a 3/4 working day switch (yes I know it should be faster but for what it is, that is reasonably fast. It might be faster too.. just I wasn't in a particular rush!)

Sorry, what is this about :D? Or should I now care as the new account system will allow me to play my game on other Wii U hardware if I use my account?

Thx. I was thinking of getting the a second Wii U so wanted to go second hand, but people here sell it and mention games they have installed on it and adjust the price according to it.

If they don't remove the NNID you can use it.. but an unscrupulous seller could use the below trick to take the digital games back at any point...

Sorry, what is this about :D? Or should I now care as the new account system will allow me to play my game on other Wii U hardware if I use my account?

On the underside of your Wii U is a code. Mine begins "FEM103..." and my nephews, if I recall correctly started "GEM..."

If you record the entire code.. and know the last 3 games purchased on the e-shop, etc. you can have the account disassociated from the Wii U.

You then log on from another Wii U and have access to all the downloaded games etc.

Regardless, with an existing NNID you are stuck with the original "real" name and d.o.b afaik, so you are better off avoiding the second hand console with games scenario imo.

I don't think the new account system works with Wii U's, it's essentially club Nintendo take 3.. or is it 4? But yeah, this only matters if you intend on selling your Wii U and keeping your NNID really.

Nothing like a F-Zero launch game to show off the systems graphical capabilities?

Agree. Wave Race was such a classic launch title in this respect, I remember friends being swayed from their PS2s with how realistic the water look and how realistic the machines/gameplay felt with triggers, rumble and the water mechanics...:heart:

On the underside of your Wii U is a code. Mine begins "FEM103..." and my nephews, if I recall correctly started "GEM..."

If you record the entire code.. and know the last 3 games purchased on the e-shop, etc. you can have the account disassociated from the Wii U.

You then log on from another Wii U and have access to all the downloaded games etc.

Regardless, with an existing NNID you are stuck with the original "real" name and d.o.b afaik, so you are better off avoiding the second hand console with games scenario imo.

I don't think the new account system works with Wii U's, it's essentially club Nintendo take 3.. or is it 4? But yeah, this only matters if you intend on selling your Wii U and keeping your NNID really.

Thx.

I don't want other people account on my Wii U, I've just hopped I can play the installed games, but fine.

Also, thx for the info about the option to take the games away.

To address your earlier thing about BC - I'm also in the camp in favour of dropping it. I think if they try to do with ZeldaU what they did with TP or put BC into their next console it's going to be a grave mistake. Both for alienating customers but also for restricting the system.

As for VR - I think it's far too early, so no, not this year. It's still quite expensive, still quite new; it'll take a while for it to become more supported and more importantly cheaper in price and then into more hands and so forth. I'm not saying there's no demand, and there's a few people on here already interested/dabbling, but I think at the current price it's going to take a while to become commonplace enough to really matter. Nintendo should be aware of it and be considering it, but I don't think they should jump on it quite yet.

That's exactly how I feel about the current state of it (VR). Be great to one day see an online Pokémon MMORPG on VR...

Be great to one day see an online Pokémon MMORPG on VR...

Now that would be a Pokemon game I could get behind.

As it stands I have no interest. Haven't enjoyed one since Gold/Silver. The 'mon are forgettable, the games too similar to each other. Would love a full 3D adventure on a big TV. (Or VR)

I have just finished Zelda Wind Waker :D. It was OK. actually the game was good, I just didn't play it in the right environment.

Now I can continue playing Xenoblade Chronicles X,...., actually I have to start learning from beginning as I have forgotten most of the things, especially the part where you invest money in companies and order your weapons (if I remember correctly). It will take me few months to finish XCX (which is a problem as I will not be proper in the story because of long intervals where I don't play anything), unless I start playing on the game pad, but I just don't want to miss the graphics. I have no idea what to do in this situation.

You go back and play Wind Waker again.. PROPERLY :heh:

:D, sadly, there are to many games I want to play, so I have no time for playing games after I have finished them.

That's exactly how I feel about the current state of it (VR). Be great to one day see an online Pokémon MMORPG on VR...

Pokemon Snap?! :o

(*disclaimer I have actually never played pokemon snap)

All the Pokémon. You could have people that are breeders, photographers, coordinators, trainers...each with some sort of special ability.

Well that sounds like a situation that needs rectifying immediately.

Well that sounds like a situation that needs rectifying immediately.

Did it ever come out on VC? I feel like it may have been something I could have done but I didn't agree with the pricing and refused on principle. Tbh I think my mate's probably got the old cart knocking about somewhere, should dig out the N64 and give it a go if so...

Did it ever come out on VC? I feel like it may have been something I could have done but I didn't agree with the pricing and refused on principle. Tbh I think my mate's probably got the old cart knocking about somewhere, should dig out the N64 and give it a go if so...

It was on the Wii VC, not sure about Wii U though.

If I had checked yesterday on a Bosnian sort of ebay version I could have got Lego City Undercover for 30 euros, I can't believe it I have missed it :(.

They have Rodea The Sky Soldier for 25 euros. Is it a good game? I will probably not get it as I am waiting for Lego, but I want to have it as an option.

Replaying Skyward Sword (control frustrations stopped me beating it about 3/4 through) and just started it up on my Wii U. This is the first time I've used a Wii game on the Wii U, and I'm noticing massive amounts of dithering. Full screen dithering, it looks like ass and I'm wondering if it's a product of playing on the Wii U or just something I never noticed before.

Also if there any way to tell how Wii games are being output? One would hope at least 480p. I think I may need to just switch to the Wii proper... As right now the Wii U isn't even filling the screen with the image and I have massive black bars all around.

It was on the Wii VC, not sure about Wii U though.

It's not been released on Wii U. You'd think it'd be ideal for Miiverse screenshots. ::shrug:

Replaying Skyward Sword (control frustrations stopped me beating it about 3/4 through) and just started it up on my Wii U. This is the first time I've used a Wii game on the Wii U, and I'm noticing massive amounts of dithering. Full screen dithering, it looks like ass and I'm wondering if it's a product of playing on the Wii U or just something I never noticed before.

Also if there any way to tell how Wii games are being output? One would hope at least 480p. I think I may need to just switch to the Wii proper... As right now the Wii U isn't even filling the screen with the image and I have massive black bars all around.

Wii mode has it's own display settings if I remember right, have you tried changing those?

Wii mode has it's own display settings if I remember right, have you tried changing those?

If it has them I can't find them. At least they aren't inside Wii mode as that has no settings.

Part of it I'm sure is just nostalgia eyes (of course even in 2011 I was playing HD games) but the dithering is new I'm sure. I can see it on text boxes even.

You shut that filthy mouth. Skyward Sword is amazing.

Indeed it is, but it's not displaying properly. lWIUjpI.jpg

Certain areas (like a black screen) look like the right side. And I highly doubt that is something I somehow glossed over and missed when playing before.