NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

You can use voice chat on Monster Hunter 3U. You're thinking of every other online game on the Wii U. :D

Haha, I know you can voice chat but I thought it was gamepad only. Actually, I think I'm thinking of mario kart the like.

I see that the toad and bowser wii remotes are finally out , for sale £39.99 each at Nintendo store UK .

Does anyone know of a better price please ? I only want the UK europe version or usa if that's the same .

Thanks

That is the best price as far as I can tell, unless you call a 50p discount on eBay worth the saving or £1 less on Amazon. ::shrug:

Are they staying in their boxes as a collectable? If so you might as well buy them now as they will only go up in value surely?

Aside from that if you can wait, keep checking the Nintendo site each day as there is a small chance they might be one of the twelve days of Christmas... £5 off each maybe, you never know. : peace:

The Bowser controller looks hideous :p But I do love the look of the Toad one, it seems weird they're releasing these so long after the initial Mario and Luigi Wiimotes a few years ago.

Which is the best non nintento pro-controller, I could buy for the Wii U (I can't really afford the official one now). I do have Wii Controlers and they do work on most games I have, but I want this one also.

Which is the best non nintento pro-controller, I could buy for the Wii U (I can't really afford the official one now). I do have Wii Controlers and they do work on most games I have, but I want this one also.

I wouldn't bother with buying third-party controllers to save money, it will cost you more in the long run when the cheaper controller turns out to be not as good.

You'd be better off waiting until you can buy the official Pro Controller, just look out for any deals on it. :)

I wouldn't bother with buying third-party controllers to save money, it will cost you more in the long run when the cheaper controller turns out to be not as good.

You'd be better off waiting until you can buy the official Pro Controller, just look out for any deals on it. :)

There are never deals I can really use.... Or at least not for a few months.

I have just missed on Zelda Wind Waker and Captaion Toad with Amibo for 58 euros combined as it is a pain in the ass to ship it here.

Nintendo of Europe and Napster announces a partnership today that will see Napster, the world-renowned music streaming service, become available on Nintendo’s Wii U home video game console, via a free downloadable application available to all Wii U owners across Europe from 17th December.

With over 34 million tracks Napster is one of the world’s leading subscription-based digital music services, offering one of the most complete online music collections. Wii U owners with a Napster Unlimited subscription will have access to the full Napster service through their Wii U console, and with the Wii U GamePad’s touch screen, will be able to easily search for a specific track, album or artist as well as browse by genre, top albums, tracks and artists, ensuring music enthusiasts can discover and play the latest releases.

The Wii U’s GamePad touch screen can also be used to access hundreds of curated radio stations by genre, artist, theme or mood, as well as Napster Playlists created by Napster’s group of resident music experts. Wii U users can also access their library of favourite tracks and personal playlists, created in the Napster app for smartphones and tablets or via the Napster web service.

To access Napster, Wii U owners will be able to download the free application from Nintendo eShop, which will allow Napster Unlimited subscribers to begin listening immediately. Wii U owners who aren’t yet Napster subscribers will be able to sign up for a 30-day free trial at the Napster website.

Seriously....

What-year-is-it.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Mind blown that Napster still exist. I thought that they disappeared years ago.

Can't wait for Kazaa, Winamp and MSN messenger support.

Christ on a bike, I thought Metallica killed them off at the dawn of this millennium?

I still use Winamp, is it not cool anymore? :D

Kazaa was amazing back in the day! The viruses it used to unleash on your PC were just second to none ;)

I still use Winamp, is it not cool anymore? :D

No. :D

It's all about streaming now.

Kazaa was amazing back in the day! The viruses it used to unleash on your PC were just second to none ;)

Kazaa was where I got all my por...portfolio of music from.

Aw man.. you didn't know what you were going to get half the time :shakehead

No. :D

It's all about streaming now.

I remember trying to download one of the X-Men films and it was just bloody Snoop Dogg's Doggystle or some shit! Unimpressed at the time given the sheer amount of time it was taking and how much slower broadband would have been back then(not to mention storage space!).

The news and association of Napster is hilarious though. Who on earth even uses them?? I can't see the WiiU being some awesome media/music machine, and even if so - wouldn't people just go use YouTube on it or something?

It's up

[tweet]677730137937420288[/tweet]

Edited by Helmsly

I remember trying to download one of the X-Men films and it was just bloody Snoop Dogg's Doggystle or some shit! Unimpressed at the time given the sheer amount of time it was taking and how much slower broadband would have been back then(not to mention storage space!).

The news and association of Napster is hilarious though. Who on earth even uses them?? I can't see the WiiU being some awesome media/music machine, and even if so - wouldn't people just go use YouTube on it or something?

First track I ever downloaded off Napster was Kid Rock's American Bad Ass. Dem WWF (NOT WWE!) days.

*fingers crossed for Blockbuster support*

First track I ever downloaded off Napster was Kid Rock's American Bad Ass. Dem WWF (NOT WWE!) days.

ha! First song I ever downloaded was Hulk Hogans Real American theme. Pretty sure I got it off Kazaa though.

I actually wouldn't mind knowing what Napster is like now, I assume its pretty much like Spotify and the rest of the music streaming services out there, so i'll probably give it a go on the 30 day free trial.

Edited by Helmsly

I'm pretty sure that the only similarity is the name. I don't think anything remains of the old Napster. Didn't it get bought by someone else anyway?

ha! First song I ever downloaded was Hulk Hogans Real American theme. Pretty sure I got it off Kazaa though.

I actually wouldn't mind knowing what Napster is like now, I assume its pretty much like Spotify and the rest of the music streaming services out there, so i'll probably give it a go on the 30 day free trial.

And whoever said that Nintendo don't keep praying on people's nostalgia... Suddenly Napster makes perfect sense ;)

I'm pretty sure that the only similarity is the name. I don't think anything remains of the old Napster. Didn't it get bought by someone else anyway?

yeah as I understand it they are part of Rhapsody now. Reading around a few places, it seems people are just seeing the name Napster and then genuinely believing its the same thing it was back in 1999 and sneering at Nintendo over it.