NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Woohoo!!

Splatoon just won Best Multiplayer game at the VGAs! I'm surprised but I shouldn't be really, fully deserved for a fantastic, fresh game :)

I honestly can't believe it wasn't even nominated for Best Art Direction.

The Iwata tribute and then Reggies speech set the waterworks off again. Very genuine and I completely lost it when Reggie said about him being a friend. You could tell he was holding the tears back and near breaking point.

Very disappointed Nintendo didn't have anything to show this year.

It's really odd that they haven't shown anything though, Reggie had mentioned there would be something and the producer even said right at the end 'and we have one more huge surprise to come' unless he meant Deadmau5, but everyone knew he was performing anyway.

Maybe there'll be something shown afterwards, won't hold my breath obviously.

On a plus note, it was great when the audience booed Konami.

If you're downloading, you can save a fiver by getting the code from GAME

I am just on GAME website (just to check thre pricecs, not this game) and they have something called "download" with a price. Is that the code for a game? Thx.

Woohoo!!

Splatoon just won Best Multiplayer game at the VGAs! I'm surprised but I shouldn't be really, fully deserved for a fantastic, fresh game :)

Seriously!? The local multiplayer in that game is god awful though!

I kid... Kinda... Personally, I'd rather play Amiibo Festival. That's hilariously cruel, yet fun

I can see why it won best shooter, although it's not in my opinion, but I don't think it deserves best multiplayer when it's so restrictive with what you can do with friends, including not being able to chat to them.

Still, the core gameplay is fantastic!

I can see why it won best shooter, although it's not in my opinion, but I don't think it deserves best multiplayer when it's so restrictive with what you can do with friends, including not being able to chat to them.

Still, the core gameplay is fantastic!

Really? Tell us more...

:heh:

Really? Tell us more...

:heh:

I'll tell you when we're next playing Splatoon together... oh wait. Hehe

Reggie's tribute speech to Iwata at the VGAs...

Pretty touching stuff, but what the hell is up with his voice!? He sounds like he's been given the Smash Bros 4 Fox voice treatment :laughing:

Just seen this on Nintendo Everything.

Damon Baker, Nintendo of America’s senior manager of licensing and marketing, shared a tease about what’s to come during Nintendo World Report’s podcast in support of Child’s Play. He said earlier today:

“Speaking of announcements, I wish I could tell you guys, but stay tuned for Monday. Monday there’s going to be something… something happening on Monday. It’s going to be big.”

Baker closed off his comments by stating: “Stay tuned, it’s going to be good.”

Sounds intriguing.

but stay tuned for Monday. Monday there’s going to be something… something happening on Monday

What day is it happening...?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is 32.99 pounds on Game (download code), is that a good price?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is 32.99 pounds on Game (download code), is that a good price?

That's a good price for a download code in the sense that a physical copy would cost you the same if not more and as I understand your situation to be that you are mostly limited to purchasing digital copies, I would go for it. :)

It also happens to be a very good game indeed, one of the few games which has online voice chat as well ;) so you'd get a chance to properly test out the headphone socket on the Gamepad - assuming you have a headset - in addition to making good use of the storage space on your new hard drive as well. :D

I really do love the game personally, so I'd probably consider playing it online again if you are interested at some point? The same goes if anyone else was thinking of playing MH3U again. : peace:

That's a good price for a download code in the sense that a physical copy would cost you the same if not more and as I understand your situation to be that you are mostly limited to purchasing digital copies, I would go for it. :)

It also happens to be a very good game indeed, one of the few games which has online voice chat as well ;) so you'd get a chance to properly test out the headphone socket on the Gamepad - assuming you have a headset - in addition to making good use of the storage space on your new hard drive as well. :D

I really do love the game personally, so I'd probably consider playing it online again if you are interested at some point? The same goes if anyone else was thinking of playing MH3U again. : peace:

I think I am going to like the game, but something is wrong with the web page (isn't it for the code it is only important to be european code and it will work in the store)?

Yeah, the download version costs about 45 euros, while the physical copy here would cost about 55 euros.

When it comes to my storage, I have downloaded all games and they are now installed :D.

Christmas is close so I am expecting new sales and that's the only thing holding me from getting the game now (that, Xenoblade Chronicles and the problems ond the web page :D).

Btw. how do I use the headest, I can only see a jack for phones, but not for the mic? Do I use the gamepad mic?

I think I am going to like the game, but something is wrong with the web page (isn't it for the code it is only important to be european code and it will work in the store)?

Btw. how do I use the headest, I can only see a jack for phones, but not for the mic? Do I use the gamepad mic?

European code and it should be fine.

As for the headset, you can buy one made for the Wii U I think but if you already have a headset spare then you can use that as long as it has the right connector, I use an Xbox 360 headset but with an adapter - 1.5mm to 3.5mm I think - which seems to work. : peace:

European code and it should be fine.

As for the headset, you can buy one made for the Wii U I think but if you already have a headset spare then you can use that as long as it has the right connector, I use an Xbox 360 headset but with an adapter - 1.5mm to 3.5mm I think - which seems to work. : peace:

There is no way I am going to buy a Wii U headset in my country :D. Have to get it from abroad then.

EDIT:

Is this headset OK: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tritton-kunai-stereo-headset-for-wii-u-and-3ds-red-187126?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=329625&pageNumber=2&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC

There is no way I will pay 75 pounds for something I can't really use a lot.

There is no way I am going to buy a Wii U headset in my country :D. Have to get it from abroad then.

EDIT:

Is this headset OK: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tritton-kunai-stereo-headset-for-wii-u-and-3ds-red-187126?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=329625&pageNumber=2&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC

There is no way I will pay 75 pounds for something I can't really use a lot.

That's all you'll need! : peace:

I was only suggesting getting a headset if it happened to be £10 - £15 or so, as you say there's no point in spending a lot of money on something you won't be able to use that much but for the sake of £10 it's worth it just for MH3U alone! :)

That's all you'll need! : peace:

I was only suggesting getting a headset if it happened to be £10 - £15 or so, as you say there's no point in spending a lot of money on something you won't be able to use that much but for the sake of £10 it's worth it just for MH3U alone! :)

Great and not great :D. I wanted to order it now and then I saw that I can't do it (it looks like it's only retail, or they are out of stock.....), damn, need to find another place which will send it to me.

Great and not great :D. I wanted to order it now and then I saw that I can't do it (it looks like it's only retail, or they are out of stock.....), damn, need to find another place which will send it to me.

In that case, can you order from eBay? If so...

Here's the adapter I bought for my Xbox 360 headset...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stereo-3-5mm-Jack-Male-Plug-to-2-5mm-Female-Adapter-Headphone-Mobile-Phone-/271176094439?

And here's the Xbox 360 headset...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-All-Black-Headset-FREE-UK-POSTAGE-/291515859215?hash=item43dfb3010f:g:XCAAAOSwDNdVpiA5#shpCntId

Both of them seem to post to Bosnia, it'll end up being around the same price too, plus the Xbox 360 headset is a mono one so you'll hear only chat while you can still have the game sound coming through your speakers. :)

I didn't think you could use a headset for monster hunter? Or am I thinking of another game?

I didn't think you could use a headset for monster hunter? Or am I thinking of another game?

You can use voice chat on Monster Hunter 3U. You're thinking of every other online game on the Wii U. :D

In that case, can you order from eBay? If so...

Here's the adapter I bought for my Xbox 360 headset...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stereo-3-5mm-Jack-Male-Plug-to-2-5mm-Female-Adapter-Headphone-Mobile-Phone-/271176094439?

And here's the Xbox 360 headset...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-All-Black-Headset-FREE-UK-POSTAGE-/291515859215?hash=item43dfb3010f:g:XCAAAOSwDNdVpiA5#shpCntId

Both of them seem to post to Bosnia, it'll end up being around the same price too, plus the Xbox 360 headset is a mono one so you'll hear only chat while you can still have the game sound coming through your speakers. :)

What is better, this, or the one I have posted? I am thinking of telling my nephew to get it for me (they live in London/Manchester) as he is coming to visit his brother here on the 21. of december :D.

Btw. I will probably not pick MH3U now, as I will try to pick Zelda WW nad Captain Toad (with the Amibo) as there is an offer in Germany where if I spend 100 euros, they give me 50 euros back, so I would get these two games for about 65-70 euros including shippment.

If it doens't work, I'll go for the MH3U, but I am planing to get that game as soon as possible as I really like it (I think I will like it :D).

Btw. does it need to be something special? I mean, could get that thing here, it's not like we don't have staff here :D, it's only that most of it is to expensive.

Edited by Kounan

What is better, this, or the one I have posted? I am thinking of telling my nephew to get it for me (they live in London/Manchester) as he is coming to visit his brother here on the 21. of december :D.

Btw. does it need to be something special? I mean, could get that thing here, it's not like we don't have staff here :D, it's only that most of it is to expensive.

It's up to you, no it doesn't need to be anything special, just that the Xbox 360 headset seems to be the best all-round one I've found, so long as you buy one of those small adapters so it will fit in the gamepad.

I see that the toad and bowser wii remotes are finally out , for sale £39.99 each at Nintendo store UK .

Does anyone know of a better price please ? I only want the UK europe version or usa if that's the same .

Thanks