NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

2015 has been the worst year for gaming with Nintendo I've ever had. I have bought only one game for the WiiU this year and will only buy one more.

I bought 4 PS4 games today and I've more I want to get still.

Nintendo have been so lacklustre this generation! :(

I could feel your ( and Blade/lostmario ) disappointment through the headset last night. :D

Hmm, should I buy MK8 DLC's and Nano Assault Neo, or keep saving for Xenoblade Chronicles X, hmm? I want Xenoblade, but also want to play online with people from forum, but can't do it as I don't have the DLC's.

Hmm, should I buy MK8 DLC's and Nano Assault Neo, or keep saving for Xenoblade Chronicles X, hmm? I want Xenoblade, but also want to play online with people from forum, but can't do it as I don't have the DLC's.

If it has to be a choice then keep saving for Xenoblade as it's not something you'll want to miss out on, plus you never know... there might be a sale on the other games and dlc around Christmas time.

What will the price for Xenoblade be?

Maybe I will have enough for both, just I am not sure as I want to try to get ot on the 4th.

What will the price for Xenoblade be?

Maybe I will have enough for both, just I am not sure as I want to try to get ot on the 4th.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that the eShop price for Xenobalde Chronicles X will be £49.99 I'd have thought, it might be cheaper though but not by much.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that the eShop price for Xenobalde Chronicles X will be £49.99 I'd have thought, it might be cheaper though but not by much.

Hmm, so again more expensive than the retail price. I hope it will be at least in the first few days a bit cheaper.

That's my problem, got the console late, so now there are to many games I really want :D.

2015 has been the worst year for gaming with Nintendo I've ever had. I have bought only one game for the WiiU this year and will only buy one more.

I bought 4 PS4 games today and I've more I want to get still.

Nintendo have been so lacklustre this generation! :(

At least you've bought a game for it, stop complaining.

IGN have updated their Splatoon review, given the huge number of free updates since the game's launch.

What a brilliant game

As much as I've said I hope the next Nintendo console has moved to an x86 platform, it'd be madness for the lives of the amazing games the Wii U has got to be cut short. So I hope there's some backwards compatibility.

As much as I've said I hope the next Nintendo console has moved to an x86 platform, it'd be madness for the lives of the amazing games the Wii U has got to be cut short. So I hope there's some backwards compatibility.

Well it's not impossible to have the best of both worlds...

As long as the specs are adequate and it has all of the popular middleware in place (Unreal 4, Gamebryo, W-Wise etc) the underlying CPU architecture shouldn't really matter much for developers since it's all abstracted anyway; so they could keep it Power PC and maintain compatibility for WiiU/Wii/GCN while keeping developers happy.

They need a big internal push to get all the middleware sorted though. NST should be providing lots of internal developer support to 3rd parties ideally and that probably means they need to bulk up in terms of manpower. Maybe they might even get Tantalus involved now, considering that they're being trusted with Zelda TP HD (and they seem to be doing a good job with that one).

That's true. Keeping it Power PC, yet powerful enough to run multi-platform software, would be a "GameCube situation". The drawback to this plan is that, inevitably, some developers won't bother adapting their games to a different architecture. But some will, and the GC really wasn't too bad for that.

The alternative is to use x86 and just wait a few generations until Nintendo's hardware is powerful enough to emulate Wii U (and everything beforehand). NX itself wouldn't need to be emulated as long as they keep to the same architecture afterwards (although I'm getting ahead of things there).

I'm really not sure which option is best.

Quick techie question: My usb Wii U Ethernet thingy was working perfectly fine two days ago, now I can only connect via WiFi. And I can't get it to recognise it! Any one have any similar issues?

I must have watched a completely different Nintendo Direct.

yup.. the european one.. I presume he was watching the US one?

Just got a pro controller. Very nice btw. Is there any way to turn off the gamepad when using it?

Also I played NSMB the other night and boooooooooy do I need to put some time into it. I died three times on the first level lol.

Also I played NSMB the other night and boooooooooy do I need to put some time into it. I died three times on the first level lol.

Well, it's official. My mum is better at 2D Mario games than you, and she can't get her head around the concept of holding Y to run.

Don't feel too bad though, because she's set the highest score on both of my Tetris games (GB and 3DS) and I can't ever beat them... I suck at Tetris...

Just got a pro controller. Very nice btw. Is there any way to turn off the gamepad when using it?

I believe if you go to the home menu and touch controller settings, there's an option to turn off the Gamepad screen at least.

I can't remember if it stays off if you use the Pro controller though... Because I use the Gamepad for almost all of my games, including Smash!

NSMB U is one of the more challenging entries, and takes a bit of getting into. It's one of the best Wii U games, though, in my opinion. : peace:

NSMB U is one of the more challenging entries, and takes a bit of getting into. It's one of the best Wii U games, though, in my opinion. : peace:

I always found NSMB Wii more challenging... and more interesting... and more fun.

I always found NSMB Wii more challenging... and more interesting... and more fun.

It might be, but I haven't played that one. I certainly found NSMB U to have a steeper learning curve than the DS original or NSMB 2. But like @bryanee, I was probably rusty too.

I agree, I haven't finished that game yet, the final boss is left, have to do it in the next few days :).

But I love all Super Mario games.

It might be, but I haven't played that one. I certainly found NSMB U to have a steeper learning curve than the DS original or NSMB 2. But like @bryanee, I was probably rusty too.

That explains a lot. You should give it a go when it inevitably comes out on WiiU eShop.

It's a fine game.