NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Nintendo is Over the Wii U - GT Time (7/2/2015)

25:05 - 43:40.

I sooo agree with RTS being an untapped market on consoles and the Wii U being perfect for it! Can only imagine a Command & Conquer on the U...:(

I sooo agree with RTS being an untapped market on consoles and the Wii U being perfect for it! Can only imagine a Command & Conquer on the U...:(

RTS has become such a fast paced genre now though, I'd think fans of it would never want to move away from the speed of mouse and keyboard.

RTS has become such a fast paced genre now though, I'd think fans of it would never want to move away from the speed of mouse and keyboard.

Can the WiiU support mouse and keyboard?

What if you could use the mouse and keyboard and still have the dual display of TV and GamePad screen. You could use the GamePad screen to monitor one area (for example, an enemy's base) whilst the TV looks at what you're doing with the keyboard. Or, the GamePad screen could provide stats or unit counts and all that stuff.

I've not watched that video yet, will do so later. Definitely is potential there, though. Shame it will never be realised.

Can the WiiU support mouse and keyboard?

What if you could use the mouse and keyboard and still have the dual display of TV and GamePad screen. You could use the GamePad screen to monitor one area (for example, an enemy's base) whilst the TV looks at what you're doing with the keyboard. Or, the GamePad screen could provide stats or unit counts and all that stuff.

I've not watched that video yet, will do so later. Definitely is potential there, though. Shame it will never be realised.

I think it could potentially work with RTS gamers like myself who prefer to just methodically play the game, build up and army at a slow pace but say a game like Starcraft 2 would run so fast that I just couldnt see them ever wanting to look away at a tablet screen. Plus keyboard and mouse on consoles never seems to work that well if you are sitting on a sofa for example (which I would assume a lot of console gamers would be).

As for if the Wii U actually supports keyboard & mouse, I'm not sure. Just trying to think of any games that might be able to use it.

There are some games I think that use a keyboard. MH3U is what comes to mind. A mouse? No, not that I know of.

I guess you can use a mouse and keyboard on the Wii U.

Mouse and keyboard controls on Wii U!

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I think the speed of modern RTS games shouldn't be a problem since if playing on a home console (with a game pad for ex), then The playing field is level.

A game like C&C which has been in a dire situation of late could possibly do with a reinvention of some sort.

If its a proper ban then I expect he was carrying on with his complaining over PM and took it too far

Nope. I prefer to talk about it in public. No hiding places and have everything out in the open. You can't beat the system though and arguing your case as I've learned many times is pointless. As far as I was aware I had 1 red warning which never expire but just like that it seems I've 3 and lights out.

Uhhh... I'm not sure making a new account is the best course of action...

Wii had one expired red infraction.

Oh and three non-expired ones. Yah. 3-strikes. Waiting for a red to put this version of Wii in another castle as well.

Having not read the article they're referring in GT Time, if Shigsy sais something like 'It's a shame the Wii U will never live up to its potential', that's no one's failing but theirs... it's not third parties, or the publics, or tablet etc... Nintendo never supported it with any games that demonstrated the hardwares potential, and they were so slow to bring games to the system.

Referring to GT Time again, yes we can all hope 'Nintendo are developing their big franchises for NX now'... but with the lack of these at the Wii U's launch, and the recent story about them not having started on a big Metroid game at any point, I honestly wouldn't bank on anything.

Uhhh... I'm not sure making a new account is the best course of action...

I didn't create another account. It's over 10 years old.

Referring to GT Time again, yes we can all hope 'Nintendo are developing their big franchises for NX now'... but with the lack of these at the Wii U's launch, and the recent story about them not having started on a big Metroid game at any point, I honestly wouldn't bank on anything.

I'm putting the dry launch down to HD development. Zelda U will probably be a launch title and we won't have seen EAD tackle a 3D Mario game in 2-3 years by that point leaves me optimistic they really have (finally) learned their lesson. Their poor showing at E3 couldn't have been clearer their big teams have moved on to NX.

It must be pretty demoralising for a team like Retro. You'd have to think they probably had something in the final stages? - maybe that's why they put that tweet out? - and had it pulled? And now are they being asked to redevelop it for a console that probably is a couple of years away and doesn't have any final specs/concept yet or what?

Alternatively they might be excited that their new game will get much more interest and publicity if it potentially launches with the NX.

Alternatively they might be excited that their new game will get much more interest and publicity if it potentially launches with the NX.
Would you want to work on the same project for that length of time? and with so many unknowns?

I still think the first version of NX will be a handheld and therefore sub-Wii U. If this is the case it's possible that something not yet shown (like a new Metroid Prime) might have to be a downgraded a bit, same goes for Zelda if it's a dual release.

I'm not allowed in the Splatoon thread, so…

Just finished the single player. WOW that final boss is brilliant. Loved the single player generally, hope we see more in a sequel.

If I took my account off of my Wii U is it gone forever? Or can I retrieve it on another console? I know I wont be able to dl my games because that would make to much sense but would I be able to get my account bank at a later date with my friends list and shit?

If I took my account off of my Wii U is it gone forever? Or can I retrieve it on another console? I know I wont be able to dl my games because that would make to much sense but would I be able to get my account bank at a later date with my friends list and shit?

Account stays on the console, once you delete, it's gone forever, completely backwards system which hopefully will change once DeNA gets involved and all of our accounts will presumably become unified with the ability to re-download things on another machine.

I love buying Virtual Console games but I can't help think in the back of my mind about what would happen if my Wii U were to go wrong... it's really not worth thinking about. :(

While I'm aware that Nintendo can reinstate games in severe circumstances I just think of all the hassle the consumer would need to go to in order to get that done, I really hope things will become easier once everything is unified.

Account stays on the console, once you delete, it's gone forever, completely backwards system which hopefully will change once DeNA gets involved and all of our accounts will presumably become unified with the ability to re-download things on another machine.

As long as you unlink the account and not delete it, you can move it to another machine, you just have to phone Nintendo.

As long as you unlink the account and not delete it, you can move it to another machine, you just have to phone Nintendo.

I was unaware of this, still will hopefully be much easier when DeNA step in though.