NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

[TWEET]616252789581164544[/TWEET]

HORI Battle Pad for Wii U (Link Version) with Turbo - Nintendo Wii U

• Officially licensed by Nintendo
  • Perfect for Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Kart 8, and Virtual Console titles for Wii U
  • Features short stroke L and R buttons, 3 Turbo settings, and a large D-pad
  • Similar in shape and function as the original Nintendo GameCube controller but plugs straight into the Wii U Remote!
  • Compatible with Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro supported titles and most Nintendo Virtual Console titles

This item will be released on September 21, 2015.

61jAYN1NkbL._SX522_.jpg

Gamecube controller adaptor is back in stock on Amazon (£20.77) and the UK Nintendo store (£17.99). It's free deliveries on orders over £20 on the Nintendo store, got myself a cheap Zelda key chain to bump it over.

We have an early contender for the "most stupid comment of the month" award.

NINTENDO EXPLAINS WHY THEY DON'T RELEASE GAMES IN THE SUMMER

Coming from an NWR interview with Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo's Senior Director of Corporate Communications...

"We do the bulk of our business in the holiday season, probably about 60% in October, November, and December. You want to launch games when people are in the mood to buy."

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237524-nintendo-explains-why-they-don-t-release-games-in-the-summer

I've ordered my family to get me a Wii U for my 29th (my third one but since its a gift I obviously won't sell).

Now I need one of those @Ronnie good Wii U game lists to prepare (please).

(What I have owned in the past: Nintendoland, Batman, AC3 (how does AC4 compare?), Pikmin 3, Sonic AllStars, New Super Mario and Donkey Kong are the most memorable).

I've never played Mass Effect 3 or Deus Ex - worth the experience?

Actually feels okay to be picking up a Wii U at this point *Looking at Splatoon, Smash and MK8 for that online experience*

Oh, and any newer N64 games on the VC?

Edit: Just remembered the U is backward compatible to the Wii...! Can anyone remember, wasn't the full Resident Evil series remade onto the Wii? Also what were those Wii-mastered remakes (I remember Pikmin and Pikmin 2 being 2 of them).

Sorry for being a lazy arse.

Edited by King_V

Do you own any other consoles or a PC that you can play games on relatively well?

I've ordered my family to get me a Wii U for my 29th (my third one but since its a gift I obviously won't sell).

Now I need one of those @STALKER good Wii U game lists to prepare (please).

(What I have owned in the past: Nintendoland, Batman, AC3 (how does AC4 compare?), Pikmin 3, Sonic AllStars, New Super Mario and Donkey Kong are the most memorable).

I've never played Mass Effect 3 or Deus Ex - worth the experience?

Actually feels okay to be picking up a Wii U at this point *Looking at Splatoon, Smash and MK8 for that online experience*

Oh, and any newer N64 games on the VC?

Edit: Just remembered the U is backward compatible to the Wii...! Can anyone remember, wasn't the full Resident Evil series remade onto the Wii? Also what were those Wii-mastered remakes (I remember Pikmin and Pikmin 2 being 2 of them).

Sorry for being a lazy arse.

• Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • NFS: Most Wanted
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Rayman Legends
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Splinter Cell : Blacklist
  • ZombiU
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Darksiders II
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Assassin's Creed IV
  • Smash Bros. Wii U
  • Injustice
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • The Wonderful 101
  • SM3DW

Yes Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex are definitely worth the experience.

Not the full series was ported onto the Wii. There was as far as I remember, REmake, RE 0 and RE 4.

Mario Tennis was also turned into a New Play Control game but avoid it because the controls were gimped to accommodate the Wii remote. If they'd tried harder and had Wii remote plus at the time it could have been better.

Metroid Prime Trilogy would be a New Play Control game.

There's loads of great Wii games to pick up. If you want recommendations, just ask.

Edited by Wii

Do you own any other consoles or a PC that you can play games on relatively well?

As of late, all I've been playing on was my trusty Command & Conquer 3 KW on PC. Had a New 3DS a few months back for MM - why?

• Splatoon
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • NFS: Most Wanted
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Rayman Legends
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Splinter Cell : Blacklist
  • ZombiU
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Darksiders II
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Assassin's Creed IV
  • Smash Bros. Wii U
  • Injustice
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • The Wonderful 101
  • SM3DW

Yes Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex are definitely worth the experience.

Not the full series was ported onto the Wii. There was as far as I remember, REmake, RE 0 and RE 4.

Mario Tennis was also turned into a New Play Control game but avoid it because the controls were gimped to accommodate the Wii remote. If they'd tried harder and had Wii remote plus at the time it could have been better.

Metroid Prime Trilogy would be a New Play Control game.

There's loads of great Wii games to pick up. If you want recommendations, just ask.

Excellent thanks! Whats the main draw for Lego City? TBH I just see 'Lego' and don't give it a chance. :/

Feeling giddy as I guess this is another opportunity to get into the Prime series... Didn't get anywhere far with the first one.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

Excellent thanks! Whats the main draw for Lego City? TBH I just see 'Lego' and don't give it a chance. :/e

Feeling giddy as I guess this is another opportunity to get into the Prime series... Didn't get anywhere far with the first one.

Lego City Undercover is absolutely hilarious. Some of the funniest writing I've seen in a game. There are so many nods and references to movies and general pop culture that most people should find it amusing. It also has one of the most epic last levels/endings you'll ever play. :D

Sadly, the game gets marked down for the stupidly long loading times and quite rightly so.

Have you considered just keeping your consoles instead of selling them all the time? Surely you lose money each time? Apart from when they're gifted to you I suppose. I'm just curious why anyone would sell something they know they'll probably re-buy in the future.

As of late, all I've been playing on was my trusty Command & Conquer 3 KW on PC. Had a New 3DS a few months back for MM - why?

I was going to say if you could then go for Mass Effect elsewhere so you could play the entire trilogy.

Have you considered just keeping your consoles instead of selling them all the time? Surely you lose money each time? Apart from when they're gifted to you I suppose. I'm just curious why anyone would sell something they know they'll probably re-buy in the future.

An annoyingly nosey question - tempted to just say mind your own business.

(I tend to give things I don't need to family or friends before selling)

I was going to say if you could then go for Mass Effect elsewhere so you could play the entire trilogy.

Is something wrong with the Wii U version?

An annoyingly nosey question - tempted to just say mind your own business.

(I tend to give things I don't need to family or friends before selling)

Nosey? I've just never understood people who sell their consoles and then buy them again at a later date. Makes no sense. Just keep the console and therefore, don't lose money!

Mass Effect is best played from start to finish ( 1-3 ), rather than just playing the last part and catching up via the comics or whatever they put in the game to fill the gaps in.

I think a few on here only played the 3rd game on the Wii U and enjoyed it for what it was but to get the full experience you really need to play from the start.

If you play from the first game then you get to see all the knock on effects of your decisions play out across the trilogy. You also become attached to the various people you interact with, which in turn, makes some of the decisions all the more painful to make.

Mass Effect is best played from start to finish ( 1-3 ), rather than just playing the last part and catching up via the comics or whatever they put in the game to fill the gaps in.

I think a few on here only played the 3rd game on the Wii U and enjoyed it for what it was but to get the full experience you really need to play from the start.

If you play from the first game then you get to see all the knock on effects of your decisions play out across the trilogy. You also become attached to the various people you interact with, which in turn, makes some of the decisions all the more painful to make.

I played Mass Effect 3 on Wii U having not played the first two games. It became one of my top 5 games of all time and I was absolutely gutted to have skipped ahead.

Then those bastards at EA told everyone at E3 they're not releasing the one remastered collection everyone actually wants :mad:

I played Mass Effect 3 and got about 40% of the way through and stopped playing for some reason I cannot remember.

I picked it back up recently and spent some considerable time trying to get back into it (5-10 hours) and realised that I had pretty much ruined a lot of decisions by not spending enough time aimlessly wandering. The core gameplay is quite good, but if you don't like long cut scenes and loading steer clear.

If you had played the first couple I guess your love of the characters might keep you interested through the long cut scenes and conversations with the crew, enough to do sufficient exploration and talking when it really matters.

You cant even get the full Mass Effect 3 story on the Wii U version. For some reason the interactive comic doesnt give you the option to save everyone from ME2 so no matter what you do you cant get all the characters in 3.

Yes I know, but by the time I came back to it quite a lot of the ones I could have got were gone. :(

Sorry I was just replying generally, not specifically to your post @peterl0

I'll always recommend people play Mass Effect, they just need to make sure they play the whole trilogy.

I played Mass Effect 3 and got about 40% of the way through and stopped playing for some reason I cannot remember.

I picked it back up recently and spent some considerable time trying to get back into it (5-10 hours) and realised that I had pretty much ruined a lot of decisions by not spending enough time aimlessly wandering. The core gameplay is quite good, but if you don't like long cut scenes and loading steer clear.

If you had played the first couple I guess your love of the characters might keep you interested through the long cut scenes and conversations with the crew, enough to do sufficient exploration and talking when it really matters.

Appreciate this! Is there any other franchise Mass Effect is similar to?

But interactions for, say, ME2 can't be carried over to ME3 right? Anyway, you've all got my hype core nice and moist for it. Thanks.

Ok, @King_V. Here's my thoughts on your situation.

Mass Effect: I've purposefully not bought the third game because I've heard from many others (like you've heard in this thread) that you can only properly appreciate the entire story if you play the previous two. Annoying how the WiiU didn't get the trilogy.

Arkham City was great fun on the WiiU, so I'd recommend that.

The Wonderful 101 is another game I'd also recommend, as well as Bayonetta 1 and 2. Think you could probably get good deals on each of these by now.

There's the likes of Mario Kart and Smash Bros. However, they haven't really caught my attention this time around and I've not invested too much time into either. They'll surely be a blast in multiplayer, even if the single player is lacking.

@Eenuh had a great time with Assassin's Creed IV on the PS4 and it looked particularly great. Not sure how it holds up on the WiiU, but it looked like good fun. Probably worth a go at the prices you can get it for now.

Finally, I spent a LOT of time on Injustice. I've actually got the game three times...once for the WiiU which I bought and twice on the PS4. @Ashley kindly bought the ultimate edition for me which contains all of the DLC and costumes (some of which are inexplicably missing on the WiiU!) and I've also got it digitally when it went up on PS+. The only game to my knowledge that I own in three separate ways. Fucking great game, too! The storyline is really, really good.

Ok, @King_V. Here's my thoughts on your situation.

Mass Effect: I've purposefully not bought the third game because I've heard from many others (like you've heard in this thread) that you can only properly appreciate the entire story if you play the previous two. Annoying how the WiiU didn't get the trilogy.

Arkham City was great fun on the WiiU, so I'd recommend that.

The Wonderful 101 is another game I'd also recommend, as well as Bayonetta 1 and 2. Think you could probably get good deals on each of these by now.

There's the likes of Mario Kart and Smash Bros. However, they haven't really caught my attention this time around and I've not invested too much time into either. They'll surely be a blast in multiplayer, even if the single player is lacking.

@Eenuh had a great time with Assassin's Creed IV on the PS4 and it looked particularly great. Not sure how it holds up on the WiiU, but it looked like good fun. Probably worth a go at the prices you can get it for now.

Finally, I spent a LOT of time on Injustice. I've actually got the game three times...once for the WiiU which I bought and twice on the PS4. @Ashley kindly bought the ultimate edition for me which contains all of the DLC and costumes (some of which are inexplicably missing on the WiiU!) and I've also got it digitally when it went up on PS+. The only game to my knowledge that I own in three separate ways. Fucking great game, too! The storyline is really, really good.

Thank you so much for this ma'brah! Its funny, as a gift and with the aim of playing casually, and along with the prices - the Wii U is alright... In a side-chick, "If you're buying..." kinda way.

Kind of like the GC, the gems of the console require a bit of a search and I can appreciate the backward compatibility (just not having to purchase wiimotes and classic controllers etc) to get the games I missed.

Definitely was a surreal moment experiencing AC3 and Arkham City on a Nintendo console, so AC4 will be a definite buy. I felt the same with MK8 and Smash - I think in the case of Smash I just burned out after having the 3DS version first and not seeing the need to get it on U.

: peace: