NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

may get Mario Tennis if it's a proper tennis game (why can't they make a spiritual successor to Super Tennis) they invented motion controls 10 bloody years ago and have still not progressed beyond Wii Sports a glorified tec demo.

I didn't see the events yesterday, what is project zero?

Yoshi, Art Academy, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero and Starfox for me. :)

What about everyone else?

Probably just Yoshi and Super Mario Maker at launch now. :hmm: Will then see about Art Academy, Project Zero, Star Fox and maybe Mario Tennis at a later date.

Oh and Xenoblade too, as that is now clashing with Just Cause 3.

Yoshi, Mario Maker and Starfox for me...maybe Xenoblade just to piss about in mechs in an open world :p

It's a solid lineup. At least one game a month for the rest of the year.

Yoshi, maybe art academy, maybe Devils third of reviews are good, star fox, project zero, maybe xenoblade if I can be arsed to give it a go, mario tennis and mario maker.

3ds I'll get Zelda.

Ps4 battlefield.

I'll buy them all, and just spend all the time on Splatoon and mario maker and chat about playing them in a backlog blitz in 2020

Just Yoshi and Mario Tennis for me.

For me, it's such a disappointing line up.

I'm so glad I game elsewhere as Nintendo just don't have enough to keep me entertained, unfortunately.

Thankfully, they make games that are so good, they generally entertain me more than what else is available when I'm playing them. But I don't think Yoshi or Mario Tennis will quite reach the heights of some of the other Nintendo games seen on Wii U so far.

Just Yoshi and Mario Tennis for me.

For me, it's such a disappointing line up.

I'm so glad I game elsewhere as Nintendo just don't have enough to keep me entertained, unfortunately.

Thankfully, they make games that are so good, they generally entertain me more than what else is available when I'm playing them. But I don't think Yoshi or Mario Tennis will quite reach the heights of some of the other Nintendo games seen on Wii U so far.

Oh just you wait for Yoshi, it scales some incredible heights, you will not be disappointed! :)

I'll be getting Starfox, Xenoblade, and Mario Tennis for def, will wait and see in MM only because I'm not terribly good at creating levels myself!

Quick question:

Does the Wii U have to be plugged in to a TV to "work"? I.e. can I just plug in the power cord and use the Gamepad to play?

I've been lifting weights and am now strong enough to use the Gamepad for longer gaming sessions thinking about giving it another go now that there are finally two games I'm getting (Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker), but the Wii U is currently at my mom's and I don't want to transport everything to my own place.

Yes as long as the game in question supports offscreen play - done it loads of times.

Yoshi almost certainly does - mario maker might not.

EDIT: and by yes I of course mean no, it does not need to be connected to the TV.

Quick question:

Does the Wii U have to be plugged in to a TV to "work"? I.e. can I just plug in the power cord and use the Gamepad to play?

That's all you need, I often use it without having it connected to the tv. Although if a HDMI cable is the breaking point for transporting it I'd keep on with the weight training.... :heh:

That's all you need, I often use it without having it connected to the tv. Although if a HDMI cable is the breaking point for transporting it I'd keep on with the weight training.... :heh:

:p Cheeky git.

Nah, my monitor in my own place doesn't have enough HDMI inputs.

What I forgot to ask: Is the sensorbar necessary?

:p Cheeky git.

Nah, my monitor in my own place doesn't have enough HDMI inputs.

What I forgot to ask: Is the sensorbar necessary?

No, unless you're planning on using a wii remote. Even then I think you would only have a problem if the game needed pointer controls.

Actually, forget that, if you're using the wii U screen then it's definitely not necessary.

Edited by VsPhoenix

I haven't had the sensor bar plugged in for about a year so nope, don't need that!

Rumor: Next Level Games working on an unannounced Wii U title

Yesterday, Next Level Games revealed Metroid Prime: Federation Force as its next game. This might not be the only project the developer is working on.

Liam Robertson from Unseen64, who is often able to acquire information about cancelled titles as well as ones still in the works, says that Next Level has been creating a Wii U game. Since we didn’t hear about it during yesterday’s Digital Event, it’s a possibility that it’s been moved to the NX.

[TWEET]611087977461207040[/TWEET]

[TWEET]611168047576055808[/TWEET]

Edited by Wii

Yoshi, Art Academy, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero and Starfox for me. :)

Out of everything, the only one I really feel like buying is Xenoblade. But, there's something about the game that is putting me off. It doesn't look to have the same charm or charisma that the Wii game had.

Otherwise, nothing. Unless Starfox starts getting insane feedback or something.

Noticed yesterday there was something weird with the icons when I pressed the home button on the gamepad. Couldn't quite place it but now I see the TVii icon is gone. I must have missed that discussion during the last 2 weeks and obviously my Wii U couldn't update with no online.

I was only thinking about the 2 gamepads on 1 Wii U. That'll most likely never happen either. I see now my gamepad screen has light little circular scratches right across the bottom half. It's from typing on the browser keyboard. B0110x! Which is another thing. You can't buy replacement gamepads.

The Wii U only has 2 colours(black and white). I think you'll have to go back to the SNES to find such a limited palette of colour options.

I've not gamed on my WiiU since January and this E3 has put me off putting it on anytime soon. Gutted.

Absolutely nothing from that lineup. Only Wii U game I'm interested in now is FAST Racing Neo.

Only game interesting me this year is Mario Maker. After that it'll probably be Zelda and I imagine that'll most likely be it.

I do remember the N64 and Gamecube having gaming droughts, however, I was younger and they were a fair few sequels ago so I got burnt out a hell of a lot less quickly. I was also in my teens and my friends all used to come over for entire weekends of Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Smash - that just doesn't happen for me any more and there's only so much Mario Kart online you can play.

So, yeah, even with their problems I remember those consoles fondly, although MK8 is the best in the series since MK64 I doubt it'll be enough for me look fondly on the WiiU in ten years.

CHuxWOiWoAAc54j.jpg

WOW! That is a HORRIBLE schedule for the US! They don't even get Yoshi's Wooly World until October! :o

No sign of Devil's Third either, or Project Zero/Fatal Frame 5 either. Who the hell ok'd this!?

Mario Maker, Yoshi, Starfox, Xenoblade, Fatal Frame, Animal Crossing and Mario Tennis is a decent range of titles for the next 6 months to be fair. May not appeal to everyone but there's a good mix there. And I get the impression from treehouse we've barely seen anything of the AC game.

Noticed yesterday there was something weird with the icons when I pressed the home button on the gamepad. Couldn't quite place it but now I see the TVii icon is gone. I must have missed that discussion during the last 2 weeks and obviously my Wii U couldn't update with no online.

I was only thinking about the 2 gamepads on 1 Wii U. That'll most likely never happen either. I see now my gamepad screen has light little circular scratches right across the bottom half. It's from typing on the browser keyboard. B0110x! Which is another thing. You can't buy replacement gamepads.

The Wii U only has 2 colours(black and white). I think you'll have to go back to the SNES to find such a limited palette of colour options.

If this doesn't say "scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for things to complain about" nothing does. Complaining about the colour options of the Wii U, really??

Complaining about the colour options of the Wii U, really??

Yeah, complaining about colours is fucking idiotic. Who would do that?