NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Nintendo Land can absolutely be filed under tech demo sold to you as a fully fledged game. Madness to compare it to DKC and Mario 3D.

..and yet, in terms of time played, Nintendo Land is ahead of both. I enjoyed every one of those games, though :yay:

Nintendo Land can absolutely be filed under tech demo sold to you as a fully fledged game. Madness to compare it to DKC and Mario 3D.

Who's comparing them? I was just asking now he categorised them. I find it all preposterous to be honest. Thank God films don't do that, big or small, 300 people or 10 people. Is it good? It's all that matters. With games value plays a part too I guess, because they're pretty expensive.

It's a really immature viewpoint to have IMO, that a game needs to be a certain number of hours to be considered great.

As far as I'm concerned, there's very little groundbreaking content on the Wii U; most of the big games are just newer versions of what we've seen before. There's nothing with more ambition than say Wii/Gamecube titles apart from Zelda and Xenoblade which aren't out yet. Of course, a Nintendo fan would argue the same about the PS4 but this isn't about Sony.

I've said this before, but there was a big jump from NES to SNES, then the N64 and then the Gamecube..The jumps we saw gave us bigger and better worlds and not just better graphics, but Nintendo's philosophy with the Wii U has just been to impress people with HD. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see NSMB or Donkey Kong in HD, but where's the groundbreaking, generation defining content that they used to produce? Where's the equivalent of a Super Mario 64, a Wind Waker or a Metroid Prime? Most of Nintendo's first party offerings could have been made on the Wii in SD (or in most cases they had similar prequels that were).

This is how I feel about the Wii U and I think this is what Wii was talking about.

The Wii U is a very safe console in terms of it's games. While I have loved the games I have played on it, at times, they do feel like standard affairs, with nothing new really being done. This doesn't stop me from enjoying them but I certainly see the point of others that do take issue with this approach.

Another thing Wii talks about is a games length. While I usually don't judge a game by how long it is, I do see what he means. The Wii U has yet to receive a long, meaty game that you can get your teeth into and spend 80+ hours on. I suppose MH3 counts for this but the main draw is the online component, rather than the single player adventure.

If you don't care for these games ( @dazzybee and nando i'm throwing you guys in here. Judging by your gaming diary plays, you don't seem to enjoy things like RPGs :D ) then the Wii U is fine but Wii does seem to want these types of experiences and as such is left wanting.

There's nothing wrong with this, it's just a difference in personal taste. I'm quite happy with the amount of 2D platformers on the consoles as I love the genre but there are people who are sick of these and therefore think the Wii U is seriously lacking.

As for people calling out Wii and saying it's immature to think the way he does, I would say it's no more immature than kicking off on someone on a message board for having different taste or view on things. Just a thought.

I know how annoying this question gets, but hard drives...

Would this one be compatible with my Wii U? Seems to have its own power supply socket so thinking yes...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009HXWTGO/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1432628178&sr=8-4π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=wii+u+hard&dpPl=1&dpID=315x5MBYv7L&ref=plSrch

@Serebii I know you're a man in the know on these things... :)

Would this one be compatible with my Wii U? Seems to have its own power supply socket so thinking yes...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009HXWTGO/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1432628178&sr=8-4π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=wii+u+hard&dpPl=1&dpID=315x5MBYv7L&ref=plSrch

Yes, that should work no problem. 2 TB's is the limit for Wii U. Although it seems a bit like overkill. I've 2 500GB hard drives, One meant for use and the other for backup, though I haven't made any copies yet. Even if you went digital only you'd never fill 2TB's. Unless you plan to use it for something else in the future.

Yeah it'll be fine. Any USB HDD will work, but people generally recommend mains powered ones because they just tend to be more reliable in general.

Yeah that one should work :)

@Wii @Dcubed @Serebii thank you all for that, much appreciated!

I was actually looking for a 500gb one as 2TB is excessive (unless I can just plug it into Nintendo's next console I can't imagine I'll ever use it all...ever!) but thought the price was good, maybe can go even cheaper! And get dem Y cables as well :)

@Wii @Dcubed @Serebii thank you all for that, much appreciated!

I was actually looking for a 500gb one as 2TB is excessive (unless I can just plug it into Nintendo's next console I can't imagine I'll ever use it all...ever!) but thought the price was good, maybe can go even cheaper! And get dem Y cables as well :)

Chances are it'd work fine on the NX home console. It's standard equipment :)

Capcom Is Bringing The Nintendo Exclusive Resident Evil Zero To Every Modern Gaming System But The Wii U

large.jpg

Wii U's fate seemingly sealed for the HD Resi re-releases

The Nintendo exclusive, Resident Evil Zero, was well received by fans and critics alike when it was originally released on the GameCube in 2002. The Wii port – released in 2008 – did not receive the same level of applause. This particular entry in Capcom's long-running survival horror series has since remained exclusive to Nintendo's library, often cherished by fans as a huge win for the house of Mario during the trying era of the GameCube.

Of course, nothing lasts forever in the world of videogames. At the end of last year a Biohazard Zero icon appeared on Capcom's Japanese website, prompting murmurs of re-release and now naturally an announcement has followed, as spotted by Dengeki Online.

It appears Resident Evil Zero's run as a Nintendo-exclusive title will soon come to an end with Capcom revealing it will launch a Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016.

The Wii U has already missed out on Capcom's previous high-definition remasters of particular Resident Evil entries, so it comes as little surprise that the latest one to be revealed is also skipping the system. What comes as a serious blow to Wii U owners is the link Nintendo's past consoles had with this particular entry in the series, and the history Nintendo systems will now no longer have with the title moving forward.

It also raises questions about what is going on over at Capcom HQ when certain Resident Evil titles are being released on Nintendo systems while others are not, and there are certainly other IPs in the company's library that are supported strongly on the big N's systems.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/capcom_is_bringing_the_nintendo_exclusive_resident_evil_zero_to_every_modern_gaming_system_but_the_wii_u

Another kick in the balls. This is why Nintendo let Megaman in Smash Bros.?

That should read "Capcom Is Bringing The Nintendo Exclusive Resident Evil Zero To Every Modern Gaming System".

I never actually played this one. Any good?

That should read "Capcom Is Bringing The Nintendo Exclusive Resident Evil Zero To Every Modern Gaming System".

I never actually played this one. Any good?

Yes. It's a great game. The graphics back on the Gamecube were brilliant. If you played the Remake, the graphics are the same. Some people didn't like the leech like creatures.

Your headline is flawed. It's coming out on PS3 and XBOX360.

Nah it's not. It's bringing it to every modern gaming system, and also 2 less than modern gaming systems. :heh:

And shock horror, sheikah is here to jump again bad news. Literally the only reason he visits these boards. Painful...

But to answer the question, yeah, it is good. A weaker entry overall, but still good. And way better than 5 and 6.

It's really $h1tty of Capcom to do this. Nintendo paid for this exclusive, helped make it happen just like Revelations and this is how we're repaid. F*ck them. They gave us 2 ports on the Wii U, MH3U and Revelations, nothing else. I hope they die and Nintendo buys their remains.

Capcom dont owe Nintendo anything. They are a business and if they thought it made financial sense to release on the Wii U then they would.

And shock horror, sheikah is here to jump again bad news.

Or in Nintendo's case, "news".

Or in Nintendo's case, "news".

Haha, touche. It's not ALL bad... I was going to say Splatoon is getting positive buzz, but there's loads negative too, and reviews hit tomorrow so that could just be more damage! Erm... E3 is coming soon! That's nothing but positive!

Erm... E3 is coming soon! That's nothing but positive!

Hate to pile on to the negative vibe, but E3 isn't always good news...

drummania.gif

How topical... I've been sorting through my Gamecube collection and I've literally just unearthed an extra copy of Resident Evil Zero in perfect condition, it had some marker pen on the plastic scribbling out the barcode for some reason but that has now been removed.

I'm now wondering with this news if it will make the price of the original go up or down... either way, if anyone wants to buy it then the going rate for it currently seems to be £10 - £12 quite happy to let it go for a tenner including postage. :)

I may start playing through my copy of the game again soon as well, I've been meaning to play the entire series. : peace:

Hate to pile on to the negative vibe, but E3 isn't always good news...

drummania.gif

@Dcubed, can you give Glen-i a slap please? :heh:

@Dcubed, can you give Glen-i a slap please? :heh:

Hey, I found an opportunity to post that hilarious GIF and I took it.

NO REGRETS!

Even if nothing good gets announced, as long as we get more Gif worthy moments out of this Digital Event, it'll all be worth it :yay:

I still can't see how they can top last year though... They've already had Iwata punching Reggie in the face, so where do they go from here?

Cake baking?

Even if nothing good gets announced, as long as we get more Gif worthy moments out of this Digital Event, it'll all be worth it :yay:

I still can't see how they can top last year though... They've already had Iwata punching Reggie in the face, so where do they go from here?

Cake baking?

You know, I honestly don't think they can top the sheer absurdity of that Smash trailer.

reggie-catch_b.gif

Best moment of last year, hands down.