NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I have MK for Wii, but 2 motion controlers, one normal controler (is it PRO, or something else), but I am missing the fourth one so 4 of us can play it.

So, I would like to use the pad if it's possible?

I have MK for Wii, but 2 motion controlers, one normal controler (is it PRO, or something else), but I am missing the fourth one so 4 of us can play it.

No you can't use the gamepad as a controller. When you play Wii games it switches over to Wii mode. It hasn't a clue about the gamepad. The only thing the gamepad can do is view the game and use the sensor bar on it for the other controllers if you selected the option when prompted.

Yep as Wii says you'd need to get yourself two more Wiimotes to do that(the WiiU pro pad won't be backwards compatible with the Wii either, I presume). Any chance of picking up some cheap second hand ones somewhere?

The other controller is form the Wii, not the Wii U, so I have 3 controller and need another one.

I don't have an option to buy it here for free, but thx for the answers, I will just but Wii motion plus when I visit England, or Germany.

When you play Wii games it switches over to Wii mode. It hasn't a clue about the gamepad.

This has actually started to bug me as they've shown they can interact with the GamePad buttons on the digital downloads of Wii games (currently just Pandora's Tower I think).

No you can't use the gamepad as a controller. When you play Wii games it switches over to Wii mode. It hasn't a clue about the gamepad. The only thing the gamepad can do is view the game and use the sensor bar on it for the other controllers if you selected the option when prompted.

Sorry, I forgot about this. I want to use the Wii, the original console, not virtual console.

Sorry, I forgot about this. I want to use the Wii, the original console, not virtual console.

But you do know you can play the Wii on the Wii u? All the games and such? In essence it has a Wii built into it!

I see there's been an update to Miiverse. The Activity button no longer loads up posts from months ago, basically making it more stable. It's an issue I have had with it many times before, so i'm glad to see they have finally sorted it.

Also, your friends posts only show the latest message but there's a link at the bottom of their post you can click on, if you want to see what else they have been posting.

Nintendo of America Hires Bowser as New VP of Sales - Press release

Nintendo of America Hires Bowser as New VP of Sales

Doug Bowser Brings Decades of Experience, Not Fire Breath, to New Role

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America has hired a new Vice President to lead the United States sales organization with a name that’s well-known in the Mushroom Kingdom. Effective today, Doug Bowser (no relation to the King Koopa and Mario’s longtime nemesis) will oversee a variety of sales-related functions, including Sales, In-store Merchandising, Retail Strategy and Retail Marketing. He will play a key role in driving national sales strategies to generate demand and achieve revenue objectives across all of Nintendo’s product lines. Bowser also will manage Nintendo’s key retail customer relationships and will oversee retail marketing for the Nintendo World store in New York.

Nintendo of America has hired Doug Bowser to oversee a variety of sales-related functions, including Sales, In-store Merchandising, Retail Strategy and Retail Marketing.

Bowser will report to Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing.

“Doug Bowser is an outstanding addition to our Nintendo team, as he brings a deep blend of both consumer package goods and video game sales experience,” said Moffitt. “I know he will work tirelessly with our internal and external partners to ensure the broad Nintendo product lineup of hardware, software and accessories are strongly represented throughout U.S. retail points of distribution.”

Bowser comes to Nintendo from Electronic Arts, where he has worked since 2007, most recently as Vice President of Global Business Planning, a role that made him responsible for EA’s console, PC and mobile game forecasting. Prior to EA, he worked at Procter & Gamble in various sales leadership roles in Asia, Latin America and the U.S.

He attended the University of Utah, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in communications.

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bowser? What are the odds. He came from EA. Makes sense he has a bad name so. :p

I find Miiverse best for the smaller titles, where there isn't a new post every two seconds. Things just end up getting burried in the popular communities. Mind you I suppose this doesn't impact your friends' list timeline.

Careful with the piracy talk @Kounan, as Happenstance mentioned it isn't encouraged. Emulation and softmodding runs the line, as they can have legitimate non-piracy functions, but we can't really be seen to be encouraging the infringement of copyright or piracy, no matter how rife or common it may well be.

Bowser's first board meeting as vice-president of sales.

BhsDkDcCMAE00Sy.png:large

Bowser's first board meeting as vice-president of sales.

Aren't the lines going up now, though? :D

Careful with the piracy talk @Kounan, as Happenstance mentioned it isn't encouraged. Emulation and softmodding runs the line, as they can have legitimate non-piracy functions, but we can't really be seen to be encouraging the infringement of copyright or piracy, no matter how rife or common it may well be.

Of course, I just wanted to try to explain why are some things done (the Wii U costs more than most people get paid in this country, I am a medical doctor and unemployed for over a year and we do heva a big shortage of doctors).

Aren't the lines going up now, though? :D

Don't ruin a perfectly humourous drawing with accuracy and facts!

It's called creative license. You uncreative berk!

Or it could be that Bowser's pointing out what he wants future revenue to be and that's why they're crying. He did come from EA afterall. It's his unprecedented partnership plan. :heh:

hqdefault.jpg

Fear his accounting indeed.

Can the vibration on the gamepad be switched of, or do I have to do it for every game separate?

Can the vibration on the gamepad be switched of, or do I have to do it for every game separate?

Yes it can be switched off. Press the "HOME" button, then click "controller settings" in the top right hand corner, then under the "gamepad settings" header select "settings", down the bottom you find an option to turn "rumble" on or off.

Thx, that's what I was looking for :).

PS

And there are the brightness options, which I was also looking for.

Nintendo is Discontinuing the Basic 8GB Wii U in Japan, Standalone White 32GB Unit Taking Its Place

large.jpg

Could the white Premium / Deluxe system finally make it to the West?

The poor old white 8GB Wii U, shunned by the majority of those buying Nintendo's system and victim to fire sales and obscurity. The issue wasn't, we suspect, the colour, but more the fact that it was a HD console with just 8GB of internal storage memory; 32GB doesn't actually get us far either, but it's a little more palatable for those spending a decent chunk of change on a new system.

As the Wii U achieves more stable sales - which should comfortably take it past the dreaded Dreamcast numbers - it's mostly off the back of the well-known black 32GB model. The situation is different in Japan, however, where the white Wii U is actually the dominant system, mainly through bundles including a 32GB white unit, which Wii fans - particularly - have been yearning to see in the West. Some changes in Japan could now make that a greater possibility.

First of all, the white 8GB unit is formally being discontinued, with the official website stating that production is coming to an end. Though this announcement is for Japan, that end of manufacturing will naturally filter through to the West, though in truth this model has been increasingly limited in availability outside of Japan for some time. Ceasing production isn't uncommon, either, as Nintendo of Japan discontinued four bundles - white and black systems - last May.

On the flipside a standalone white 32GB Wii U option is due in Japan this June for 30,000 Yen (around $250), to join existing bundle options. If this is part of a manufacturing run to boost numbers of 32GB white units, we can dare to dream - possibly before being disappointed - that this option could finally make its way to the West. A lot is dependent of simple business, of course, and Nintendo won't roll out a new SKU outside of Japan unless it's confident of selling the units.

We shall see, but in any case the fate of the 8GB Wii U appears to be sealed. Farewell, you delightful underdog.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_is_discontinuing_the_basic_8gb_wii_u_in_japan_standalone_white_32gb_unit_taking_its_place

It's about time. Whatever about at the start of its life, 8GB's is just not practical. There's less than 3GB's of memory left after updates and the majority of retail games are larger than that.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_is_discontinuing_the_basic_8gb_wii_u_in_japan_standalone_white_32gb_unit_taking_its_place

It's about time. Whatever about at the start of its life, 8GB's is just not practical. There's less than 3GB's of memory left after updates and the majority of retail games are larger than that.

Yep releasing a console with only 8GB of memory was just crazy. A console with 32GB isn't enough either.

Knowing Nintendo the next console will be released with a £250B Hardrive while the others move to Terrabyte numbers.

Yeah, 32gb is a joke but 8gb is just unbelievable. Then again, everything about the Wii U seems a bit backward :p The fact that most of us on here have had to go out of our way to buy a harddrive ourselves, looking for Y-Cables and all that lark just shows how awkward the system is.

And they're probably just getting rid of excess stock, I'm sure they stopped making the 8gb consoles over a year ago.

GI Show: The Nintendo 64 Spectacular Featuring Grant Kirkhope And Mega64

What kinda thought process did they go through when they thought 32gb was enough? That's not even a single blu-ray disc. :p

What kinda thought process did they go through when they thought 32gb was enough? That's not even a single blu-ray disc. :p

I'm guessing smaller hdd to keep the cost down?

The 8gb version is just lunacy.