NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I can hear a sound in my pad in the right top corner, like something is loose. It was like that from day one, but because everything worked, I choose to ignore it as it would be very complicated to send it back to Hamburg to see whats wrong with that (to expensive actually).

Everything is working still, just have a feeling that the right pad moves with less pressure needed, but it can be because I am right handed.

Should I be worried about it and is there a way to open the pad to see if something is broken inside?

I've heard this countless times before. It's nothing to worry about, it's just your stylus rattling about in its slot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our Nintendo Codename NX Prediction Game - NVC Podcast

Edited by Wii

I've heard this countless times before. It's nothing to worry about, it's just your stylus rattling about in its slot.

Actually it's not, as It doesn't change when I take it out. I thought also that it could be the problem, but.....

Actually it's not, as It doesn't change when I take it out. I thought also that it could be the problem, but.....

The other thing is the face buttons, x, y, a, b buttons. They rattle a lot too, way more than the stylus. Press them in and shake the gamepad. Does it still rattle?

I can hear a sound in my pad in the right top corner, like something is loose. It was like that from day one, but because everything worked, I choose to ignore it as it would be very complicated to send it back to Hamburg to see whats wrong with that (to expensive actually).

Everything is working still, just have a feeling that the right pad moves with less pressure needed, but it can be because I am right handed.

Should I be worried about it and is there a way to open the pad to see if something is broken inside?

I had the same thing with my GamePad, ended up opening it up and discovered it was a tiny screw. :hehe:

Anyway, I removed it (couldn't find where it was from) and my GamePad has been rattle free ever since, still works fine too. :)

BTW, you'll need a tri-wing screwdriver if you do plan to open up the GamePad.

I tried with the buttons pressed it still rattles, so I fill probably open it and hope that it's just a little thing which can be fixed easily :).

Thx guys.

PS

Do I loose the warranty on the Wii U if I open the pad (I know I will loose it on the pad, but what about the rest of the machine)?

Strange that I never noticed it, but my Gamepad also makes a very audible rattling sound from the right side. I wouldn't open it or be concerned about it :)

I tried with the buttons pressed it still rattles, so I fill probably open it and hope that it's just a little thing which can be fixed easily :).

Thx guys.

PS

Do I loose the warranty on the Wii U if I open the pad (I know I will loose it on the pad, but what about the rest of the machine)?

You will void your warranty. It's hard to know. Usually when you send something back, they ask for everything including the box and receipt or at least that's been my experience.

But then others have only sent their gamepad back and not the console. The only compartment you're allowed open is the battery compartment. If they see the gamepad has been tampered with I'd say they'd void everything.

Last option from me is it could just be a dead Pikmin inside.

If they see the gamepad has been tampered with I'd say they'd void everything.
Indeed. However, if you're careful it is possible to do it without leaving any signs that it has been opened.

It's impossible to tell that I opened mine, because I used a pen knife to remove all of the little stickers that cover up the tri-wing screw compartments, and then made sure to keep them clean so they stuck back perfectly afterwards. ;)

Indeed. However, if you're careful it is possible to do it without leaving any signs that it has been opened.

It's impossible to tell that I opened mine, because I used a pen knife to remove all of the little stickers that cover up the tri-wing screw compartments, and then made sure to keep them clean so they stuck back perfectly afterwards. ;)

Which is something I've meant to bring up before. The 2 black plastic stickers either side on the underside of my gamepad have fallen off. The ones just below the analogue sticks. Has this happened to anybody else? It must have been from the heat of my hands over time loosening them.

Strange that I never noticed it, but my Gamepad also makes a very audible rattling sound from the right side. I wouldn't open it or be concerned about it :)

OK, so I should just leave it as it is? I hope it will not brake something inside.

I partially moved one seals (only half to see the screw), but decided to put it back. It can be seen that it was touched, so to say, so hope that it will not be a problem if I need to send it to them.

My problem with the warranty is that I have to send it to Germany, so I am not really sure I would even use it for small things, while some big problems usually don't appear at all (I hope so at least :D).

Put the new battery in my GamePad and still nothing. Damn you Nintendo, your hardware quality has nose-dived since the DS Lite era. I really don't have the enthusiasm to get it replaced. It's the time and effort more than anything. Is it too much to ask to just buy a new damn replacement controller? (Yes, apparently)

Maybe they all rattle? Ours does it, too. Not going to get it replaced or open it up...I don't use it enough to warrant that effort.

You hardly use your Wii U @Fierce_LiNk? You should say so more often

If I do play, I use the Pro Controller. ;)

Nice try, though.

Checked it out. Mine makes a rattling noise too from the same top right area. Perhaps there's something in there that needs to be loose. I'm not bothered as it gives me no trouble.

So all of us have a loose screw :D.

In more ways than one. :)

Is there any real chance that Nintendo will offer sales on e-shop for Captain Toad, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario 3d World, or something similar?

Is there any real chance that Nintendo will offer sales on e-shop for Captain Toad, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario 3d World, or something similar?

They do from time to time, but only like ~30% off

Can the pad be connected ti the Wii?

It just be a Wii U then! Lolz

Can the pad be connected ti the Wii?

In what way? I think it can be used as a screen+sensor bar(not that I've ever tried), but not the controls.