NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Nintendo apparently don't sell official gamepad chargers in the UK :blank: and I've read that 3rd party ones just melt the gamepad battery.

Quite the conundrum I'm in. Especially with Kirby already out and Splatoon and Yoshi arriving soon.

I found this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/official-nintendo-Charger-For-Nintendo-Wii-U-WU-Gamepad-Remote-Controller-/261884601484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf989e48c

Seems to be the only official one for sale on eBay in the UK as a standalone item.

£15.99 but probably your best bet. : peace:

I thought you werent supposed to use hoovers for stuff like that. To be fair thats also how I clean my consoles vents but I read somewhere that you arent supposed to.
Yeah, I've heard similar things before too, but I think that's more to do with using really high powered vacuum cleaners. Most of them have a setting to reduce the suction power a bit though, and you can always just adjust the distance between what you're cleaning if not.

I've been hoovering my consoles/PCs for years anyway, never had a problem.

Yeah, I've heard similar things before too, but I think that's more to do with using really high powered vacuum cleaners. Most of them have a setting to reduce the suction power a bit though, and you can always just adjust the distance between what you're cleaning if not.

I've been hoovering my consoles/PCs for years anyway, never had a problem.

Yeah to be fair I've never had an issue when doing it either. I think its something to do with the static created by the hoover messing up the electronics if I remember right.

I keep meaning to buy one of those compressed air cleaners as all my stuff could really use a good clean.

A hoover? LIke a normal floor hoover?

Yeah I'm on the "I would have thought that could do bad things to electronics" possible static build up or something?

Guess I could turn down the power, must see if I can find the brush attachment so.

Anyway another question.... anyone know of a good deal going for Super Mario 3D World.... haven't seen it since I moved house and my son keeps asking to play it :(

I really REALLY hate sending stuff so I still haven't sent my gamepad to nintendo. With a bunch of games on the way though, I've ordered a new GamePad battery so I really hope that's the problem :p

...mainly because the new Kirby game looks so cute. And my Wii U connects to the Internet so easily (my ps360 and laptop just seem dead against connecting) and Netflix and crunchyroll require the Gamepad so I have a lot of hope riding on this :p

I really REALLY hate sending stuff so I still haven't sent my gamepad to nintendo. With a bunch of games on the way though, I've ordered a new GamePad battery so I really hope that's the problem :p

...mainly because the new Kirby game looks so cute. And my Wii U connects to the Internet so easily (my ps360 and laptop just seem dead against connecting) and Netflix and crunchyroll require the Gamepad so I have a lot of hope riding on this :p

I hope the new battery sorts out your gamepad problems Josh. :)

It must be really frustrating not being able to use the device being that it's so integral to the console.

Personally I'm amazed my gamepad still works, on more than one occasion it has fallen off my desk, fortunately with a screen cover attached, I've learned to accept the amount of space it takes up on my desk over time but still... it's rather substantial and as much as I enjoy using the device it doesn't come across as being very practical for prolonged periods of use. :heh:

Though I am still glad to have it in my life. : peace:

I moved my WiiU downstairs for ONE Night, to play Mario Kart 8 to provide entertainment for the group of chaps that were at my house to watch the boxing at the start of May.

I left my WiiU there once the boxing had finished (at just gone 6am) and left my game pad charger on the floor next to a pile of games.

I went to bed at gone 6am, woke up at around 12ish, went downstairs and the thin part of my WiiU game pad charger had been chewed pretty much right through.

Pretty sure I know which of my 2 cats did it, but innocent till proven guilty I guess. So that's frustrating as it doesn't charge the gamepad at all now.

Nintendo apparently don't sell official gamepad chargers in the UK :blank: and I've read that 3rd party ones just melt the gamepad battery.

Quite the conundrum I'm in. Especially with Kirby already out and Splatoon and Yoshi arriving soon.

Who was it!!

How mashed up is it too btw? Not that I'm recommending this at all, but if it's the thin part then it's after the transformer and that's the lower voltage bit right? Could try cutting and splicing it depending what the wires are like inside, then wrapping a bit of electrical tape around it as a temporary measure?

Alternatively have you tried contacting Nintendo Support to see what they say? Can they supply one for you at a cost?

Who was it!!

How mashed up is it too btw? Not that I'm recommending this at all, but if it's the thin part then it's after the transformer and that's the lower voltage bit right? Could try cutting and splicing it depending what the wires are like inside, then wrapping a bit of electrical tape around it as a temporary measure?

Alternatively have you tried contacting Nintendo Support to see what they say? Can they supply one for you at a cost?

It was

IMG_0877.jpgThe look of mischief

Pretty mashed up in fairness dude, I wouldn't even want to begin cutting and splicing it. I did speak to Nintendo over chat, but they couldn't do alot for me. They gave me a number to call, but yet to call it (As I'm lazy)

Looks even more likely that the rumour of a new Paper Mario for Wii U is true.

Pushmo: Hippa Land was listed under the 3DS section in the brochure below and that got announced today.

paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_2.jpg

引ク出ス ヒッパランド 紹介映像

We might find out if it's true when Nintendo announce their E3 plans today at 5p.m. (BST).

Edited by Wii

A new Paper Mario sounds good, I hope it's more like Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star than Thousand Year Door.

There, I said it. Come at me...

A new Paper Mario sounds good, I hope it's more like Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star than Thousand Year Door.

No need as everyone knows this is wrong. :D

OX53lHj.gif

Looks even more likely that the rumour of a new Paper Mario for Wii U is true.

Pushmo: Hippa Land was listed under the 3DS section in the brochure below and that got announced today.

paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_2.jpg

引ク出ス ヒッパランド 紹介映像

We might find out if it's true when Nintendo announce their E3 plans today at 5p.m. (BST).

No it's not.

The 3DS listings there show:

Paper Mario Sticker Star (ペーパーマリオスーパーシール Paper Mario Super Seal)

Fallblox (引ク落ツ Hikuotsu - (Pull Fall))

Fire Emblem Awakening (ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒)

Pullblox (引ク押ス Hikuosu)

Only those four. Todays game is 引ク出ス ヒッパランド Hikudesu Hippa Land, which is clearly not there. Please do not spread mistranslations and assumptions. If you must report on Japanese things, either do it from a valid source, or take a lesson in Japanese.

Also, Nintendo's plans today are to be their presentation schedule. They're not going to announce new games today. Why do people keep thinking that?

Edited by Serebii

No it's not.

The 3DS listings there show:

Paper Mario Sticker Star (ペーパーマリオスーパーシール Paper Mario Super Seal)

Fallblox (引ク落ツ Hikuotsu - (Pull Fall))

Fire Emblem Awakening (ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒)

Pullblox (引ク押ス Hikuosu)

Only those four. Todays game is 引ク出ス ヒッパランド Hikudesu Hippa Land, which is clearly not there. Please do not spread mistranslations and assumptions. If you must report on Japanese things, either do it from a valid source, or take a lesson in Japanese.

Also, Nintendo's plans today are to be their presentation schedule. They're not going to announce new games today. Why do people keep thinking that?

I don't think they'll announce any games today either. Don't lump me in with that thinking. It'll be about their Direct, Treehouse schedule, other briefings. I said we might, note that word, might get a game or two announcement if we're very lucky.

I got my information over on the IGN boards and in the following 20+ posts, there was no contradiction of said information.

Edited by Wii

I don't think they'll announce any games today either. Don't lump me in with that thinking. It'll be about their Direct, Treehouse schedule, other briefings. I said we might, note that word, might get a game or two announcement if we're very lucky.

I got my information over on the IGN boards and in the following 20+ posts, there was no contradiction of said information.

Well tell that person that they need to learn Japanese

Also, don't believe everything you read on the Internet

Edited by Serebii

Well tell that person that they need to learn Japanese

To be fair, the topic went on for ages on Gaf without anyone really debunking it either.

Also, don't believe everything you read on the Internet

Does this include your posts. :heh:

What a strange suggestion, them maybe announcing a game today. Whoosh.

To be fair, the topic went on for ages on Gaf without anyone really debunking it either.

StreetsAhead must have been at work haha. I was asleep.

Silly people

Does this include your posts. :heh:

No, of course not :p

What a strange suggestion, them maybe announcing a game today. Whoosh.
Not really. When the internet reports it in general terms as 'Nintendo to reveal E3 plans', without much clarity, people will speculate. Anyway it's always fun to speculate and sometimes people get carried away.

Iwata speaking about the dedicated games platform business:

"As for the dedicated video game platform business, we are preparing for upcoming initiatives and preparing to make changes to some of the elements that are currently not working so well. Factoring in these areas as well, I believe that we will be able to generate results in the next fiscal year."

What do you think that could be? I have thought before that a reason they've held back voice chat is that they'll offer a service but we'll have to pay for it. And that they'd use the reasoning that this would be a way to rule out kids hearing bad language as a credit card would be needed to buy the service and that because we pay for it that they can now afford to make a better online service. Voice chatless online would still be free.

I really really doubt he's talking about voice chat!

Probably third party relations, technical specs, account system structure etc....

What do you think that could be? I have thought before that a reason they've held back voice chat is that they'll offer a service but we'll have to pay for it. And that they'd use the reasoning that this would be a way to rule out kids hearing bad language as a credit card would be needed to buy the service and that because we pay for it that they can now afford to make a better online service. Voice chatless online would still be free.

I'd certainly pay for a more robust online system. They can have my money if it got me things like messaging notifications, lobbies and party chat.

I can hear a sound in my pad in the right top corner, like something is loose. It was like that from day one, but because everything worked, I choose to ignore it as it would be very complicated to send it back to Hamburg to see whats wrong with that (to expensive actually).

Everything is working still, just have a feeling that the right pad moves with less pressure needed, but it can be because I am right handed.

Should I be worried about it and is there a way to open the pad to see if something is broken inside?