NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Thx everyone. As I said, I wanted ZombieU, as I have 2 2d platform games. I would go for MHT, but it's to expensive, so that's kind of game I would like to get - 3D action game.

But if I can't find something in that ptice range, I will probably go for some of the games mentioned here - Steamworld is a strong favourite.

Edited by Kounan

Thx everyone. As I said, I wanted ZombieU, as I have 2 2d platform games. I would go for MHT, but it's to expensive, so that's kind of game I would like to get - 3D action game.

But if I can't find something in that ptice range, I will probably go for some of the games mentioned here - Steamworld is a strong favourite.

Steamworld and Teslagrad are both exceptional :)

It looks like I will have to go for Teslagrad, as ZombiU is not on sale...... I have to check few more games.

It looks like I will have to go for Teslagrad, as ZombiU is not on sale...... I have to check few more games.

Neither is Teslagrad as far as I'm aware. It has been on sale before with 50% off I think. I should have bought it. There'll be new offers announced tomorrow morning of what will be live next Thursday.

I wanted to say SteamWorld, not Teslagrad.

OK, didn't know about new offers. I will be waiting till tomorow to see what they offer.

I bought a bunch of 3rd party games for sale for Wii U, including Injustice: Gods among us and COD: Ghosts. 11€ and 13€, respectively. I was surprised that both games had DLC available in the shop, but after doing research found out they were missing a lot compared to other platforms, and the missing features are quite important (Characters, maps). Meh. They'll still offer me the single player experience at least.

Rumour: Paper Mario Wii U In Development By Intelligent Systems?

paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_1.jpg

paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_2.jpg

There’s one big rumour circulating around Japanese message board 2Chan which claims that Paper Mario is currently in development for Wii U and is being developed by Intelligent Systems. The brochure above was handed out at a Japanese job expo booth, which is apparently proof that the person below was at the event. If it is legitimate then it’s likely to be officially announced during E3 next month. It could either be a new game or a remaster of an existing one. Guess we shall have to wait to find out.

352 2015/05/09 18:29:24 PJkrg1Bv

今日、就活でクリ博フェスタってのに行って

インテリジェントシステムズのブースがあったから

少し覗いてきたんだけど、ペーパーマリオの説明の時に

社員の人がサラッと「WiiU版を今作ってる」と言ってて驚いたw

まさかこんな所で発表するとは思わなかったから

めっちゃテンション上がったわw

E3あたりで発表するのかな?楽しみだ

357 2015/05/09 21:43:13 lX1WYyUa

俺もイズのブース行ったが>>352は本当やで

ペパマリシリーズの説明で「64から各据置機で出してる」という

話の流れで「WiiU版も製作中」とサラッと言ったからビックリしたw

まさか就活のイベントで未公開の情報が飛び出すとは思わんかったw

359 2015/05/09 21:48:06 lX1WYyUa

一応ブース行った証拠として会場で貰った資料うpしとく

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/10/rumour-paper-mario-wii-u-in-development-by-intelligent-systems/

Is Paper Mario Wii U Happening?! - Rumor Discussion

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Paper Mario would be brilliant BUT I hope to god that it's in the vein of Paper Mario 64 and TTYD and not SPM and Sticker Star.

TTYD was absolutely hilarious...the entire episode where you're a pro-wrestler was simply brilliant.

Paper Mario would be brilliant BUT I hope to god that it's in the vein of Paper Mario 64 and TTYD and not SPM and Sticker Star.

TTYD was absolutely hilarious...the entire episode where you're a pro-wrestler was simply brilliant.

I think everybody would choose that.

Superstar Saga and The Thousand-Year Door were fantastic, but since then Mario RPGs have been a bit uninspired.

The best Paper Mario-esque game in recent years has been South Park: The Stick of Truth. That's really the benchmark that a new Paper Mario will have to live up to for me to purchase it I reckon.

Iwata says there won't be any talk about NX, smartphone games or its Quality of Life platform at this year’s E3:

We do not plan on talking specifics about the NX until 2016. Presently, we cannot talk about the time period when it will go on sale or what it’s like. Because we are calling it a ‘new concept,’ we are not thinking of this as a ‘simple replacement’ for the 3DS or the Wii U.

Incidentally, we’re getting various questions for this year’s E3, like ‘Won’t there be a NX announcement?’, ‘Will there be a presentation on smart devices?’, or ‘Will there be more on the quality of life platform?’ However, since we understand that E3 is an event for dedicated video game machines, we do not intend to discuss the smart devices as well as quality of life.

Superstar Saga and The Thousand-Year Door were fantastic, but since then Mario RPGs have been a bit uninspired.

Please tell me you've never played Bowser's Inside Story.

Because that game is brilliance.

While good, it's still not a patch on Paper Mario, TTYD and Superstar Saga.

Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star were hot garbage though. Just keep Miyamoto away from the game and we should be golden. :D

I have played Bowser's Inside Story and it's a good game. But it still follows the general formula of Superstar Saga, by and large. There was nothing particularly new or creative about it apart from playing as Bowser. I've had my fun with the Mario RPGs but I'm starting to get franchise fatigue. Unless they start offering fresh experiences then I'm not really going to be that interested.

Also, while I really liked the Bowser bits, the mini game stuff you did as Luigi and the other one was tedious and really started to drag down the overall experience. It's my hope that if a new Paper Mario game is in the pipeline, that the game play isn't tied down by a certain gimmick as has been the case with recent entries in the series.

I sometimes (aka always) feel like I'm the only one in the world whose favourite Paper Mario game is Sticker Star and favourite Mario & Luigi game is Dream Team Bros.

Then again, I'm used to having extremely unpopular opinions... :P

FOR GOD'S SAKE INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS ENOUGH WITH PAPER MARIO AND FIRE EMBLEM FOR A BIT, GIVE ADVANCE WARS SOME LOVE!

Anyone have any cleaning tips for the Wii U console, noticed a lot of dust buildup on the bits of fabric in the disc slot and seems to be leaving dust on the discs when inserting cause "cannot read error" :heh:

I think everybody would choose that.

No, I loved Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star. Great games IMO.

Anyone have any cleaning tips for the Wii U console, noticed a lot of dust buildup on the bits of fabric in the disc slot and seems to be leaving dust on the discs when inserting cause "cannot read error" :heh:
I just use the little brush attachment on the hoover, it moves the dust off while simultaneously sucking it up.

kirby_suck_by_ultrakirbyfan100.gif

Best way to clean the air vents too. icon14.gif

Dyson + duster attachement = spotless everything! my PC/PS4/Wiiu/Tv etc etc are spotless after they've been sucked harder than the ending of Angel

I just use the little brush attachment on the hoover, it moves the dust off while simultaneously sucking it up.

@Mokong Do this. It's what I do and it works brilliantly.

I thought you werent supposed to use hoovers for stuff like that. To be fair thats also how I clean my consoles vents but I read somewhere that you arent supposed to.

Edited by Happenstance

I moved my WiiU downstairs for ONE Night, to play Mario Kart 8 to provide entertainment for the group of chaps that were at my house to watch the boxing at the start of May.

I left my WiiU there once the boxing had finished (at just gone 6am) and left my game pad charger on the floor next to a pile of games.

I went to bed at gone 6am, woke up at around 12ish, went downstairs and the thin part of my WiiU game pad charger had been chewed pretty much right through.

Pretty sure I know which of my 2 cats did it, but innocent till proven guilty I guess. So that's frustrating as it doesn't charge the gamepad at all now.

Nintendo apparently don't sell official gamepad chargers in the UK :blank: and I've read that 3rd party ones just melt the gamepad battery.

Quite the conundrum I'm in. Especially with Kirby already out and Splatoon and Yoshi arriving soon.