NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

There's no public holiday in Germany.

If you watch the 19:30 minute mark of the NVC I posted here yesterday, what's up with Splatoon Boy and Girl? DLC characters in Smash or MK8?

Yeah, wasn't it Jose who almost accidentally told something he wasn't permitted to say due to a possible embargo? Peer had a laugh about it but it felt very suspicious to me...

Almost forgot that part!

Big chance it's nothing big, but speculating about possibilities is sometimes more fun than the actual product :)

There's no public holiday in Germany.

If you watch the 19:30 minute mark of the NVC I posted here yesterday, what's up with Splatoon Boy and Girl? DLC characters in Smash or MK8?

Ah, never noticed that when I listened... Definitely something going on there!! Exciting! Makes more sense for it to be smash, he seemed to suggest that something would happen to marty for calling it splatoosh....

My Wii U is one day away, at least I hope so :D :D.

PS

I am searching through the eshop (on my web browser obviously) and I can't find a lot of games.

Are all the games also available on eshop, or are there games you can only but at a retailer?

Edited by Kounan

My Wii U is one day away, at least I hope so :D :D.

PS

I am searching through the eshop (on my web browser obviously) and I can't find a lot of games.

Are all the games also available on eshop, or are there games you can only but at a retailer?

You can't browse the shop on the web can you?!

I think there's everything, but maybe not...

There are games missing. The 2 COD's aren't on the eShop. It could be anything Activision in general. I'd say there's other games and publishers missing. You'd be far better off finding retail copies of most games than paying €50 or €60 for a digital copy. It's far cheaper and you can sell them on. And you don't get any digital Nintendo Club points anymore whereas the retail codes are still valid.

Edited by Wii

Just to give an example of prices in Bosnia: Super Luigi costs 63,5 euros and that's the only game next to Nintendo Land I can buy here, while tje rest I would need to order and wait for it.

There are some cheaper games on equivalent to ebay for Bosnia so you can find new copies of Super Mario Bros for 40euros, Mario Kart for 50+ euros, Mario 3D a guy sels for 80euros (I think that you can get it cheaper), some older games for 20-30 euros, but they don't sell games like MH3U, Lego City Undercover, Legend of Zelda, Bayonetta, Caotain Toad, Donkey Kong, Resident Evil and many other games.

You can order it, but it is expensive and you have to for about 10 days.

PS

It was cheaper for me to buy the game in Germany, let it transport it via DHL to Croatia and then transport it to Bosnia and Herzegovina, then pay the money via bank (so money plus provision) to the friend who bought it for me, then to buy it here (I saved about 50 euros).

You can browse something, but I couldn't find Mario Cart, none of the games I have mentioned in the post above, so was a bit afraid that I will not be able to get it.

Edited by Kounan

New Japanese trailer for amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits has been released.

The app is now available in Japan. It's free to download from the Wii U eShop and requires 131MB of space.

So, the Wii U finally arrived :).

Now, I've got some club Nintendo card for registering, but it says that it only is available for certain countries. Does it mean I have to be in one of these countries to register, or is it like the eshop, where I can just choose a country?

Also, I plan to register Germany for my e-shop, hope It's not going to be a mistake :D.

PS

OK, it looks like it's working, but have to wait to switch the Wii U on to do the updates.

Edited by Kounan

Hi guys, me again :).

I managed to connect everything (the German eshop is expensive :D), but I am not able to connect my club Nintendo account with the Wii U. I registered the products first on club Nintendo, later I have registered an Nintendo ID (I couldn't use the same username as in club Nintendo) and now I don't know how to connect it (I have only 750 stars but still....)?

Is there a way to do it? Thx.

Hi guys, me again :).

I managed to connect everything (the German eshop is expensive :D), but I am not able to connect my club Nintendo account with the Wii U. I registered the products first on club Nintendo, later I have registered an Nintendo ID (I couldn't use the same username as in club Nintendo) and now I don't know how to connect it (I have only 750 stars but still....)?

Is there a way to do it? Thx.

If you go the eShop and click menu (or press Y) scroll down and click view all it should be there but I'm not seeing it on mine. Not sure if it's because mine's already linked or they've removed the option due to Club Nintendo shutting down in September.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you don't get stars for digital purchases anymore so there's no real reason to link your Club Nintendo account, and it's shutting down anyway like I said.

OK, thx then, don't need to worry about it anymore.

Btw. We were talking about the pad. My first impression is good, but I am only playing Super Mario Bros and have already used it as a handheld, so I think it will help me a lot.

I played some demos and it took me about an hour to get used to the position of the second stick (above buttons), but while using it it feel more natural to me than the XBOX or PS stick, which are to the side, the only thing I had problems with was bumping on the stick while switch from buttons to stick and the buttons maybe could have been placed a bit better (can't explain it, but it was easier for me to use the XBOX and PS buttons, then the ones on the pad).

Anyway, I think I am going to like it :).

Treyarch Confirms Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 Is For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 And PC Only

Treyarch has confirmed to Eurogamer that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is only in development for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC and there will be no ports this time around. So, that sounds pretty much final. If you want to play the game you’re going to need a PlayStation 4, Xbox One or a decent PC. You can watch the reveal trailer for the game in the video posted above.

“There are no ‘ports'”
Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia said at the game’s reveal event.
“The game is made on multiple platforms, it’s the beginning of a new generation and we’re showing it to you on all these platforms, to dispel some of the misconceptions about development.”

“We’re working on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. That’s it,”
he added. As for other platforms such as PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and – stop smirking at the back – Wii U? We were directed to Activision, which said it had no further platform announcements at this time.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/26/treyarch-confirms-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-is-for-xbox-one-playstation-4-and-pc-only/

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

The most surprising thing about this is that @Wii took time out of his day to post this! Also (at the time, and location of writing) tomorrow is Monday!

The most surprising thing about this is that @Wii took time out of his day to post this! Also (at the time, and location of writing) tomorrow is Monday!

I don't get it. Are you being sarcastic?

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1746864&postcount=10361

That was the rumour I posted here a while ago. Now I've posted the follow-up that says more than likely it's not true.

Edited by Wii

Really weird that they are now saying it might not be on Wii U, but earlier they asked people to link there NNID to it? Strange. They've also not announced whether there will be 360 and PS3 versions yet either.

I think we'll know what the score is at E3. But I certainly wouldn't get too excited over it coming to Wii U, as it most likely won't.

I think he felt you were stating the obvious, Wii. As he was too, in stating that today was going to be Monday. Can't say I'm too suprised by the news anyhow.

well this generation is barely out of nappies and I've already got 3 COD games so I for one won't be pouring any more of my money into Activisions pockets on that franchise.

It was inevitable that COD wouldn't be coming to the PS3. 360 and Wii U.

How long can developers keep porting current gen games to old generation tech?

@Wii, yup being sarcastic. Regardless of that find, which could be for a forthcoming shovelware or other peice of nonsense the new COD was never, ever going to grace Wii U.

Nintendo in operating profit

Nikkei are reporting that Nintendo have posted a 25 billion yen operating profit as of the quarterly period ending March 2015. Due in part to the successful Super Smash Bros. and Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi games and the launches of the New Nintendo New 3DS in the West. I’ll add to this when more translations exist!

http://www.japanese3ds.com/post/117677655169

Brian Altano's 5 Nintendo E3 2015 Predictions

These are actually results for the last financial year, as the financial years ends on 31. of march.

Our Last 5 Nintendo E3 2015 Predictions - Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast

These predictions, do they mean anything, are there any sources or it's just quessing?

These predictions, do they mean anything, are there any sources or it's just quessing?

Just guesses