NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Better late than never?! :D

Just to touch on this, I guess the main reason I come here is for Nintendo news, views and banter. If it suddenly became another console specific or even multiplatform, it wouldn't cater to what I'm after! :)

Anyway, as you were...

It would; it'd just contain other stuff too.

Yeah my gamepad doesn't work in others rooms but I'm not that bothered - I own the TV and put whatever I want on it. Off-TV play has never been used in my house.

I agree that it is probably different with me, but still the pad should be a plus, even if you don't use it to much.... I will use it more than most people probably, so maybe I am not the best to judge this.

Also, I thought that the Pad works up to 10m away from the console. If there are some problems with that, obviously it's a problem (in my case not a big one as I can move the console to the bedroom, but we are talking about new buyers). I will have to wait to see how it works.

Oh of course, didn't mean to complain or put you off - just wanted to give a heads up about the often experienced feeling of lack of good enough range. I'm hoping it works out for you(as for you it seems it'll be quite ideal, as opposed to myself where my situation doesn't necessarily need it) but I'd still be interested in your actual experiences once you've gotten your hands on the console.

Oh of course, didn't mean to complain or put you off - just wanted to give a heads up about the often experienced feeling of lack of good enough range. I'm hoping it works out for you(as for you it seems it'll be quite ideal, as opposed to myself where my situation doesn't necessarily need it) but I'd still be interested in your actual experiences once you've gotten your hands on the console.

It's on the way, finally :), have to wait some 10-14 days to get it :) (I hope at least). After that I will need max 1-2 days to see how it works :).

One question :).

I will get the Super Mario Bross and Super Luigi game, after that I will probably get Mario Kart 8 (for family and friends), but the third game should be some action/RPG game and this is he list of games I have so which one should I get in your opinion:

1. Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

2. Resident Evil Reveleations

3. Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

4. Bayonetta 2

5. Lego Undercover

6. Huryle Warriors

7. Batman Arkham City

8. Deux Ex Human Revolution

9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

10. Splatoon (OK, this one is on the list and actually high up, but I know one has played it yet)

Now, the first 5 games are top on the list, without any specific order (actually MHT has my biggest attention) + Hyrule Warriors, everything else is there just in case :D.

After the N64 for I didn't have any Nintendo console till Wii, but I got it last year and most games don't look good on HD TV's, so I didn't play them, so the only game I know from the list is the Zelda series, plus I did play old Resident Evil Games, that's why I am no familiar with the other staff and am asking here :).

Thx.

If you're looking for something RPG-ish that's a Wii U retail title... Go for MH3U! It's not technically an Action RPG (your character doesn't actually level up), but it does have a lot of those kinds of trappings and it's a thumping great game! : peace:

There's also plenty of great RPGs on the Virtual Console to choose from as well, like the Golden Sun and Fire Emblem games! Don't neglect the VC! It's a real treasure trove of gaming goodness! :D

If you're looking for something RPG-ish that's a Wii U retail title... Go for MH3U! It's not technically an Action RPG (your character doesn't actually level up), but it does have a lot of those kinds of trappings and it's a thumping great game! : peace:

There's also plenty of great RPGs on the Virtual Console to choose from as well, like the Golden Sun and Fire Emblem games! Don't neglect the VC! It's a real treasure trove of gaming goodness! :D

Then MH3U it is :D and I am happy about it at it looks really good :).

Btw. I know there is no leveling, but you improve your armor and weapons, plus learn how to fight and I am perfectly happy with that :).

Question about virtual console, how does it work? I know what it means, but do I have to pay for it to have it, or I just pay for the games? Also, what graphics is on the games? I don't mind if it's not HD, as I prefer the gameplay more, but my problem with the Wii is that most of the games look to dark together with the not the best graphics for HD TV's, so at the and I only played Super Mario, Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart, Kirby and some other few games (some sport games with friends, were the graphics really doesn't matter :D) and nothing else.

Do they improve the games on VC for the Wii U, or it's stays the same and it's better to play it on the pad or you just pick up games which look a bit better.

Sorry about so many questions, but I have a huge window I have missed :).

Then MH3U it is :D and I am happy about it at it looks really good :).

Btw. I know there is no leveling, but you improve your armor and weapons, plus learn how to fight and I am perfectly happy with that :).

Question about virtual console, how does it work? I know what it means, but do I have to pay for it to have it, or I just pay for the games? Also, what graphics is on the games? I don't mind if it's not HD, as I prefer the gameplay more, but my problem with the Wii is that most of the games look to dark together with the not the best graphics for HD TV's, so at the and I only played Super Mario, Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart, Kirby and some other few games (some sport games with friends, were the graphics really doesn't matter :D) and nothing else.

Do they improve the games on VC for the Wii U, or it's stays the same and it's better to play it on the pad or you just pick up games which look a bit better.

Sorry about so many questions, but I have a huge window I have missed :).

You just buy the games you want. Each console that is represented on the VC has a general flat price per game (IIRC, NES games are £3.49, SNES games are £5.49, GBA games are £6.49 and N64 & DS games are £8.99); you do get occasional discounts and such though mind you!

The VC games themselves look sharp and clear on a HDTV. They are unchanged from their original form, so they're represented with nice big chunky pixels! (N64 games are the one exception though as they are rendered in a much higher resolution than their original cartridge counterparts and look/run MUCH better than they did originally!)

Best thing about the VC though is that the games come with loads of nice features as standard. All games come with a feature that allows you to suspend your game in progress anywhere by just quitting the game and have it return to the place you suspended as soon as you come back to it (a GODSEND for many games, especially NES and SNES games that originally had no save feature!), Off TV Play, custom button remapping (excluding DS games, those are the only ones where you can't change the button layout, for obvious reasons really), Miiverse support and El-cheato save states (though it does leave a "mark of shame" if you do resort to using it, if you want to play legit and show off, you can show proof of it online!)

There are also a few screen options for DS and GBA games as well (a LOT in the case of DS VC games!)

You just buy the games you want. Each console that is represented on the VC has a general flat price per game (IIRC, NES games are £3.49, SNES games are £5.49, GBA games are £6.49 and N64 & DS games are £8.99); you do get occasional discounts and such though mind you!

The VC games themselves look sharp and clear on a HDTV. They are unchanged from their original form, so they're represented with nice big chunky pixels! (N64 games are the one exception though as they are rendered in a much higher resolution than their original cartridge counterparts and look/run MUCH better than they did originally!)

Best thing about the VC though is that the games come with loads of nice features as standard. All games come with a feature that allows you to suspend your game in progress anywhere by just quitting the game and have it return to the place you suspended as soon as you come back to it (a GODSEND for many games, especially NES and SNES games that originally had no save feature!), Off TV Play, custom button remapping (excluding DS games, those are the only ones where you can't change the button layout, for obvious reasons really), Miiverse support and El-cheato save states (though it does leave a "mark of shame" if you do resort to using it, if you want to play legit and show off, you can show proof of it online!)

There are also a few screen options for DS and GBA games as well (a LOT in the case of DS VC games!)

This is brilliant :). I don't mind the pixels it just should be sharp, so I can play it, as I said the Wii games are just to dark, blurry. So I imagine it's similar to Shovel Knight, where the graphics are old style, but everything is sharp and clear.

Also, I am happy with the N64 news. I liked that console, but didn't have many games (you couldn't get them where I am from) so it will give me a chance to play some games I have missed and on good resolution :D.

This is brilliant :). I don't mind the pixels it just should be sharp, so I can play it, as I said the Wii games are just to dark, blurry. So I imagine it's similar to Shovel Knight, where the graphics are old style, but everything is sharp and clear.

It is exactly like Shovel Knight, your eyeballs will cry pixellated tears of joy! (NES games have a slight blur filter on them, but it's only minor really).

Also, I am happy with the N64 news. I liked that console, but didn't have many games (you couldn't get them where I am from) so it will give me a chance to play some games I have missed and on good resolution :D.

Yup! You've got a LOT to catch up on! There's only 2 N64 and DS games available right now (those consoles were only just added to the VC service a couple of weeks ago), but they'll no doubt fill out over time : peace: (gives you a chance to catch up on everything else on there ;) )

Our E3 2015 Predictions Spectacular - Nintendo Voice Chat

What are your predictions?

New thread worthy?

My five "wildest" predictions:

1. Star Fox will be their biggest showing, Project Guard and Giant Robot are incorporated into the game. Amiibo line launched with it.

2. F-Zero or Metroid announced for Wii U releasing in 2016.

3. Mario Strikers for 3DS with online competitions/clubs like in Wii Sports Club. (Why won't they release more sports for it? Guess it really bombed?)

4. Another new IP out of the blue, just like Splatoon last year.

5. A new "lost game/franchise" revived, like Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2.

My five "wildest" predictions:

1. Star Fox will be their biggest showing, Project Guard and Giant Robot are incorporated into the game. Amiibo line launched with it.

2. F-Zero or Metroid announced for Wii U releasing in 2016.

3. Mario Strikers for 3DS with online competitions/clubs like in Wii Sports Club. (Why won't they release more sports for it? Guess it really bombed?)

4. Another new IP out of the blue, just like Splatoon last year.

5. A new "lost game/franchise" revived, like Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2.

Aren't these the same things?

Ohhhhhhh! Sick burn!

Aren't these the same things?

Ohhhhhhh! Sick burn!

Good one :bowdown:

So, just in case, let me rephrase what I meant: a lost third party franchise or game, revived by Nintendo

Here are my top five theories

Pokkén home console announcement

Something Zelda to apologise for the delay. Maybe a HD pack, or a new Four Swords or something.

Starfox

Big surprise of a returning franchise: F-Zero, Metroid or something. Thinking Mario Kart 8 may be building up demand for an F-Zero really.

Some 3DS stuff.

Twilight Princess 3D based on some information that's currently footing around...

Twilight Princess 3D based on some information that's currently footing around...

If it's Twilight Princess then they should make it HD for Wii U, not 3D. Don't want a worse looking version than the one originally released :/

If it's Twilight Princess then they should make it HD for Wii U, not 3D. Don't want a worse looking version than the one originally released :/

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. I have no interest in playing Twilight Princess on a small 3DS screen but I would probably pick up a Wii U copy.

Here are my top five theories

Pokkén home console announcement

Something Zelda to apologise for the delay. Maybe a HD pack, or a new Four Swords or something.

Starfox

Big surprise of a returning franchise: F-Zero, Metroid or something. Thinking Mario Kart 8 may be building up demand for an F-Zero really.

Some 3DS stuff.

How is starfox or some 3ds stuff predictions :) They'r both confirmed for e3!!

1. Metroid prime 4, Spring 2016

2. Animal Crossing - xmas - BOOOOOOO!!!!!!

3. Mario Galaxy 3D

4. SNES Remix

5. My dream game but I don't actually think will happen - F ZERO GX HD with online

New games please, no remakes unless they are at the very least over 10 years old! Majora needed a remake, Twilight no way.

But I would kill for a good Metroid. Other M I didn't like the remote switching from sideways to pointing at screen, and the story. But some aspects were good.

With no news yet of what's releasing this week on the eShop, maybe we're getting a mini Direct for MK8?

Stop over-thinking things. No reason to have a Direct for 8 MK tracks they've already shown off in trailers.

But guessing about stuff like this is fun isn't it? Especially if there could be more to it - battle mode, in game voice chat!?!?

Or maybe theres just a bank holiday in Germany and we'll get it tomorrow...

But guessing about stuff like this is fun isn't it? Especially if there could be more to it - battle mode, in game voice chat!?!?

Or maybe theres just a bank holiday in Germany and we'll get it tomorrow...

There's no public holiday in Germany.

If you watch the 19:30 minute mark of the NVC I posted here yesterday, what's up with Splatoon Boy and Girl? DLC characters in Smash or MK8?