NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IP8QIUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Simply plug one end into the hard drive and then the two USB ports into the Wii U :)

2017/8 for the next home console sounds a safe bet, with the new handheld a year before.

Tbh, 1 year windows are pretty broad as it is, but a 1.5-2 year window for your guess? Pretty good chance of hitting it right just by luck.

I've said it countless times. I've challenged anybody to take a bet with me but had no takers.

Define the terms a little more and I'll front a tenner if you fancy it ;)

Tbh, 1 year windows are pretty broad as it is, but a 1.5-2 year window for your guess? Pretty good chance of hitting it right just by luck.

Define the terms a little more and I'll front a tenner if you fancy it ;)

I had offered a bet of £50 to Serebii but he wouldn't take it. £10 is more reasonable though. I think it'll be out in the second half of 2016 maybe even the first quarter of 2017 as Nintendo's financial year includes it. Get out whatever games are left for Christmas and start a new year with a new console. Plus a new console would generate hype regardless of the time of year and it's limited by production lines at the start as well.

So to be safe, my guess is August 2016 to August 2017. If you want to pick a year timeframe you think it'll come out and whoever's right gets the £10. If it's outside our guesses, the bet's void. Would you be happy with that? Or shorten the time to 6 months? What's your preference?

Funny how...

There's a whole pile of other reasons why it's coming in 2016, guaranteed.

has suddenly turned into "August 2017"

Funny how...

has suddenly turned into "August 2017"

Funny how mind your own business. What did I tell you earlier?

I ordered this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IP8QIUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Simply plug one end into the hard drive and then the two USB ports into the Wii U :)

I bought this USB 3.0 micro B Y cable this morning.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-3-0-Micro-B-Y-Kabel-Dual-Power-2x-Stecker-A-fur-externe-Festplatte-/310894690180?pt=DE_Computing_Festplattenkabel_Adapter&hash=item4862c47f84

It works out cheaper and you don't need to spend £10 like on Amazon to qualify for free delivery. It seems to do the same as your one. If anybody else is looking for a cable they might consider this one.

I had offered a bet of £50 to Serebii but he wouldn't take it. £10 is more reasonable though. I think it'll be out in the second half of 2016 maybe even the first quarter of 2017 as Nintendo's financial year includes it. Get out whatever games are left for Christmas and start a new year with a new console. Plus a new console would generate hype regardless of the time of year and it's limited by production lines at the start as well.

So to be safe, my guess is August 2016 to August 2017. If you want to pick a year timeframe you think it'll come out and whoever's right gets the £10. If it's outside our guesses, the bet's void. Would you be happy with that? Or shorten the time to 6 months? What's your preference?

Ooo, now you're moving the goalposts slightly! I can see a first quarter 2017, but I'd allow you financial year 2016/17 release. August 2016-2017 is skipping almost 8 months off your original prediction though, and I'd be more inclined to agree with a 2017 release myself.

Wii U for under £100.

If you haven't got one yet, it'd be rude not to.

Gutted I missed this! Know a few people looking to jump onto the WiiU for Smash - tbh I think a basic bundle of that, Smash, cube adapter, pad and maybe a partnership'd hard drive for ~£150-200 might have been a good way to get some WiiUs in houses.

Gutted I missed this! Know a few people looking to jump onto the WiiU for Smash - tbh I think a basic bundle of that, Smash, cube adapter, pad and maybe a partnership'd hard drive for ~£150-200 might have been a good way to get some WiiUs in houses.

They only lasted for about 5 mins anyway. :D

If your still interested, Shopto have it for £120 and they are selling Smash for £25.

Any chance of a form-factor update like the DS got (or like the Slim Playstation/Xbox) for the Wii U?

They only lasted for about 5 mins anyway. :D

If your still interested, Shopto have it for £120 and they are selling Smash for £25.

Thanks, will have a perusal when I get in and let my mates know. £120 for a basic, £25 for smash(what I had in mind for a bundle cost), £15 for an adapter, and let's say £20 for a smash cube pad, or £30 for a pro pad...totals out as a £180-200 Smash Bundle deal by my working - who else thinks it'd sell a treat? Poss throw Amiibos on top as £9-10 a piece(weren't they meant to be £9 originally anyway?). They def shoulda consider some bulk Amiibo discount offers along the way.

(stock assumed, ofc)

Any chance of a form-factor update like the DS got (or like the Slim Playstation/Xbox) for the Wii U?

Given sales, I'd say unlikely. I also think, despite the talk around the investor meeting and cost of new manufacture, there's still some levels of residual stock knocking about. I just don't see a slim making sense yet(or potentially ever) given sales really.

My Seagate USB 3.0 500GB Expansion hard drive arrived today. I used the supplied cable. Formatted it, 465GB left after that. Moved Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition(didn't want to use a game I'd started in case I lost the save file) over no problem. Have you tried using the supplied cable? Why do we need a Y cable? Faster transfer speeds or to play the game off the hard drive? Must try that now to see if I can play the game off the hard drive rather than moving it back to the internal memory.

Ooo, now you're moving the goalposts slightly! I can see a first quarter 2017, but I'd allow you financial year 2016/17 release. August 2016-2017 is skipping almost 8 months off your original prediction though, and I'd be more inclined to agree with a 2017 release myself.

In fairness I did move the goal posts(alot :heh:). 3 month window? October to December 2016?

My Seagate USB 3.0 500GB Expansion hard drive arrived today. I used the supplied cable. Formatted it, 465GB left after that. Moved Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition(didn't want to use a game I'd started in case I lost the save file) over no problem. Have you tried using the supplied cable? Why do we need a Y cable? Faster transfer speeds or to play the game off the hard drive? Must try that now to see if I can play the game off the hard drive rather than moving it back to the internal memory.

Without a Y cable, the hard drive can't draw enough power from the Wii U to run. This becomes a problem if you're running games off of the hard drive.

Basically, use the Y cable :)

Loaded up Guacamelee and thought all was grand, didn't even get up the stairs and across the first jump before it froze. So there we go, playing off the hard drive is a no go but if you want to transfer games back and forth and play off the internal memory we should be fine I guess.

Without a Y cable, the hard drive can't draw enough power from the Wii U to run. This becomes a problem if you're running games off of the hard drive.

Basically, use the Y cable :)

Just seen your message now. I found out.

I thought I could manage without a hard drive but now I have less than 4 gb left. I need to buy one soon. Also, where the hell are the GC adapters? Why is it so hard to produce them? They aren't officially discontinued right?

Nintendo Is Rooting For Seattle Seahawks In Super Bowl

[TWEET]561315461292646400[/TWEET]

It’s the Super Bowl today and it would appear as though our favourite video games company is supporting the Seattle Seahawks. Nintendo of America tweeted to Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch, and said “Hey @MoneyLynch! We heard you like Toad, so we used #MK8 to run a simulation of Sunday’s game.” The tweet was accompanied by a gif showing Toad taking out a Mii version of New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski with a lovely red shell.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/01/nintendo-is-rooting-for-seattle-seahawks-in-super-bowl/

I'm up for the Patriots. I'm sure I don't need to tell most of you that Nintendo Of America's headquarters is situated just outside Seattle.

Watching Superbowl XLIX. I was thinking if Nintendo release their new console in 2018 and call it the Nintendo LII they'll be guaranteed Madden that year. :heh: That's if my knowledge of Roman numerals is correct.

I loved the Snickers half time Superbowl ad.

B@st@rds! They've got me doing their shameless plugging.

Let's just lump everything in here. Here's Katy Perry wearing a Wii remote strap during her half time Superbowl performance.

katy-perry-wiimote-strap.jpg

Posted this in the eShop thread but..

If anyone is interested, you can currently get some very cheap eShop titles by setting up a new Russian NNID as their eShop prices are VERY cheap (about 40-50% cheaper than UK eShop titles).

Just got me Captain Toad for £15!

Posted this in the eShop thread but..

If anyone is interested, you can currently get some very cheap eShop titles by setting up a new Russian NNID as their eShop prices are VERY cheap (about 40-50% cheaper than UK eShop titles).

Just got me Captain Toad for £15!

That's not fair. Que @Serebii

That's not fair. Que @Serebii

Turns out Captain Toad was only £12. Got some GBA titles for £2 each (Fire Emblem, Castlevania).

Sm4sh is only £22. Tempting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/16/russia-ruble-collapse_n_6333546.html

My surprise is in that it took so long for people to notice. I expect Nintendo to close this exploit

I dunno, they've always let people do it. Most Brazilian Wii U owners use the Canadian eShop, for example, because of the crazy price hike in Brazil on non-Brazilian made electronics. Same for PSN and XBL too, I believe.

I dunno, they've always let people do it. Most Brazilian Wii U owners use the Canadian eShop, for example, because of the crazy price hike in Brazil on non-Brazilian made electronics. Same for PSN and XBL too, I believe.

True. Who knows how low the ruble will drop, though. It could be detrimental for Nintendo.

Fuck detrimental to Nintendo, the Wii U's been detrimental to us!! ;)

I thought I could manage without a hard drive but now I have less than 4 gb left. I need to buy one soon. Also, where the hell are the GC adapters? Why is it so hard to produce them? They aren't officially discontinued right?

A damn good fucking question, to which there are no good bloody answers.

My above post aside - Nintendo fucked up. How/why I cannot even comprehend, but they done goofed heavy. Word in December was there's more on the way(worldwide, as the shortage is too) but they're yet to hit shelves. Mayflash have, in the meantime, apparently managed to both reverse engineer the thing/manufacture an alternative(additionally compatible with PC) and I believe got it to market about a week ago via PlayAsia.

Fuck detrimental to Nintendo, the Wii U's been detrimental to us!! ;)

A damn good fucking question, to which there are no good bloody answers.

My above post aside - Nintendo fucked up. How/why I cannot even comprehend, but they done goofed heavy. Word in December was there's more on the way(worldwide, as the shortage is too) but they're yet to hit shelves. Mayflash have, in the meantime, apparently managed to both reverse engineer the thing/manufacture an alternative(additionally compatible with PC) and I believe got it to market about a week ago via PlayAsia.

They supplied 400 for Apex apparently...

(Which, btw, was the best tournament I've ever seen!)