NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Stop it! You're making me want to buy them even though I already own them...

I've already stepped down that rabbit hole. Snapped up Super Mario Galaxy 2 the other day and got some eShop credit for DKC:R, while I was out shopping. The left over credit will cover MP:Trilogy next week, which is something I don't own already.

As for Rogue Leader, most of Gaf were discussing the possibility of this when the Wii games first got announced. It's probably the best chance it has to get a release but whether it will happen is another matter. Would make for a great surprise though at some point. Imagine if they dropped this bombshell at a Nintendo Direct, with the usual "available now" thing they do.

5514414.jpg

I've already stepped down that rabbit hole. Snapped up Super Mario Galaxy 2 the other day and got some eShop credit for DKC:R, while I was out shopping. The left over credit will cover MP:Trilogy next week, which is something I don't own already.

As for Rogue Leader, most of Gaf were discussing the possibility of this when the Wii games first got announced. It's probably the best chance it has to get a release but whether it will happen is another matter. Would make for a great surprise though at some point. Imagine if they dropped this bombshell at a Nintendo Direct, with the usual "available now" thing they do.

5514414.jpg

YES!!! PLEASE!!! I so desperately want to see it happen! I can't believe that I forgot about it until now!

I was so fucking angry when I saw the leaked footage!! It was the holy grail we always wanted, it even happens to be the illustrious Wii Lightsabre game that every single Wii owner always pined for ever since the console was announced! It would've been a multi-million seller back on the day!! (It even supports the bloody Wii Wheel and Balance Board for pedals in the speederbike sections - it's even 2 player VS as well!!)

It's an incredible tragedy that it was never released! It needs to be rectified!! And with Disney getting Lucasarts' back catalogue on PC released at long last, now's the perfect time! The people at Disney are clearly eager to exploit Lucasarts' back catalogue right now! Guys! Please make some noise!! It NEEDS to happen!!

Stop it! You're making me want to buy them even though I already own them...

You think you have it bad, I'm watching him, it's indeed glorious, I may have to get Metroid Prime Trilogy even if for some mad reason they don't let me get a Mii bobblehead.

I reckon I'll probably only bite if Excitebots and Fatal Frame IV somehow make it out over here..

I don't want to fill up my Wii U fridge if it isn't necessary :eh:

Already put homebrew on my Wii and imported Excitebots. There isn't really anything else that'd tempt me, I'd rather play new games than fuzzy non HD old ones which I skipped last gen. Although in the unlikely event that Rogue Squadron game gets released, day 1 purchase!

I reckon I'll probably only bite if Excitebots and Fatal Frame IV somehow make it out over here..
Same here.

But I'd also add Captain Rainbow to that list of games which are incredibly unlikely to be added to this service.

Still got my JPN import of Captain Rainbow, but I'm losing confidence in the translation patch ever getting completed... :(

I don't want to fill up my Wii U fridge if it isn't necessary :eh:

Don't forget Trauma Team and the Kirby Dream Collection! (Comes with those exclusive New Challenge Mode stages ;) )

Fishing Resort is also another nice US exclusive as well (though it's very much an acquired taste). The first two are must haves for everyone though!

Amazon now listing Terraria for Wii U and 3DS as well

terraria.png

GameFly listed Terraria for Wii U and 3DS earlier this week. At the time, we couldn’t be sure if those listings were legitimate or innocuous errors. But thanks to new findings at a different retailer, it seems quite possible that 505 Games is indeed bringing Terraria to both of Nintendo’s platforms.

Terraria popped up for both Wii U and 3DS on Amazon today. A $29.99 price point is listed, along with a tentative October 31 launch date.

There is one strange thing about this situation: GameFly has since pulled its Wii U and 3DS Terraria listings. GameFly tends to be reliable more often than not, so I’m wondering if that was done simply because 505 Games hasn’t made an announcement yet. Either way, we’ll try to get an official answer from the company.

http://nintendoeverything.com/amazon-now-listing-terraria-for-wii-u-and-3ds-as-well/

Giving more credence to these rumours. The price would be too high given how much it costs elsewhere.

I know, from a technical standpoint you'd have to be a mega Apple fanboy to argue their phones are the most technically superior, even when they come out.

Quick question on the Wii U Pro Controller..

If I have one, do I need to use the Gamepad at all when I boot up a game? My gamepad is almost always out of battery and I'm considering just buying a Wii U Pro Controller if it means I can get dump the gamepad in the store room.

Yeah, you can select a game to play and navigate the menu using the Wii U pro controller.

So, had my Wii U a while now. Just to clarify, is there any way I can plug the GamePad into the console itself (not the mains), thus blocking off the wireless signal?

If not with the GamePad, can you do that with the Pro controller?

So, had my Wii U a while now. Just to clarify, is there any way I can plug the GamePad into the console itself (not the mains), thus blocking off the wireless signal?

If not with the GamePad, can you do that with the Pro controller?

No to both. The Gamepad doesn't use USB while the Pro Controller continues to connect via bluetooth while connected via USB.

I am considering buying a USB pen to get Metroid Prim Trilogy this week.

(Don't really want a 10 pound game to cost 50-60 quid by getting a hard drive.)

My questions is: Can you keep your save game data on the console but download the games onto the external device?

I am considering buying a USB pen to get Metroid Prim Trilogy this week.

(Don't really want a 10 pound game to cost 50-60 quid by getting a hard drive.)

My questions is: Can you keep your save game data on the console but download the games onto the external device?

I don't believe you can...

You can backup your saves from USB to internal memory manually, but you can't have it save to the internal while using the USB as storage IIRC.

I'd still recommend getting a USB HDD anyway. They're pretty cheap anyway and if you don't use it now, you'll probably end up using it eventually...

I don't believe you can...

You can backup your saves from USB to internal memory manually, but you can't have it save to the internal while using the USB as storage IIRC.

I'd still recommend getting a USB HDD anyway. They're pretty cheap anyway and if you don't use it now, you'll probably end up using it eventually...

I beg to differ.

£50 for a 2TB. CHeap

Maybe cheap for the amount of storage you get, but I wouldn't say it was cheap.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It isn't just the price that puts me off the hd solution it's the need for an extra power slot. I only just have enough power slots round the TV as it is. Would have to add the extra onto the price, so we are looking at 65 at least.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It isn't just the price that puts me off the hd solution it's the need for an extra power slot. I only just have enough power slots round the TV as it is. Would have to add the extra onto the price, so we are looking at 65 at least.

Could you not use a Y cable instead of a power socket? That's what I've decided to do as I have the same problem. I managed to snag a Y cable from Amazon for a couple of quid and got a hard drive for £30 too :)