NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

3D World is a hybrid of 2D and 3D gameplay. It requires you to hold a button to run, I would not be a fan of that, it's more multi player than single player focused. It's 3D Land ver2.0. There's just a vibe, I don't know what it is exactly but it doesn't in my estimation hold a candle to Galaxy.

Well I do know one thing, those cat suits are naff.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Galaxy is definitely closer to 3D World than 64/Sunshune, but its level design is focused towards multiplayer whereas Galaxy, Sunshine and SM64 have tighter levels and mechanics early on as the game is designed around only have 1 character on screen. The Galaxy game also has a full physics engine to accomodate this compared to 3D World (momentum conservation) as this is needed for the platforming.

Instead of thinking of it as 'linear' vs 'open world', think of it as single player focused versus multiplayer focused. The Wii U has 2 multiplayer centric Mario titles and neither of the former, compared to say that Wii which saw SMG1/2 as well as NSMB Wii. SM3DW is a good single player experience but it really shines in multiplayer. The opposite is true for the Galaxy titles; those games were utter magic is single player..best games of the last gen, imo.

For what it's worth, I bloody love SM3DW! It's actually the first game my girlfriend has ever completed and she absolutely loved it from start to finish (although I literally carried her throughout the last world).

Oh, and Plessie...Yes yes yes.

Miyamoto seems to be turning into Nintendo's very own George Lucas. He doesn't seem to understand what made the old games so good, he's just obsessed with adding gimmicks.

Miyamoto seems to be turning into Nintendo's very own George Lucas. He doesn't seem to understand what made the old games so good, he's just obsessed with adding gimmicks.

Miyamoto doesn't run the Mario games any more :p

Plus, Nintendo's games of late are top notch, nobody can deny that. It's not like quality has dropped.

Edited by Serebii

Miyamoto doesn't run the Mario games any more :p

Plus, Nintendo's games of late are top notch, nobody can deny that. It's not like quality has dropped.

I think his talking s out his ridiculous,out f zero comments.

What the fuck is miamotos problem? F zero and star fox are the purest games Nintendo make it, yet specifically the two titles they refuse to do purely.

Why's it okay to make 2d mario and donkey kong, mario kart, or pikmin 3 the same etc but star fox and f zero need to be radically different? Fuck off miamoto!

I think his talking s out his ridiculous,out f zero comments.

What the fuck is miamotos problem? F zero and star fox are the purest games Nintendo make it, yet specifically the two titles they refuse to do purely.

Why's it okay to make 2d mario and donkey kong, mario kart, or pikmin 3 the same etc but star fox and f zero need to be radically different? Fuck off miamoto!

There was a quote from him yesterday where he says that once they have developed a controller that can be used well for F-Zero, they'll do it.

:blank:

I can only assume he's referring to the Gamepad's lack of analogue triggers?

about F-Zero, it was stated that the franchise may return once the right controller interface becomes available

Maybe he's referring to the availability of the gamepad adapter so they can release the f-zero GX HD they've been developing?

Maybe he's referring to the availability of the gamepad adapter so they can release the f-zero GX HD they've been developing?

Pretty crazy to think that a game being released is dependent on a controller which doesn't come with the console.

Pretty crazy to think that a game being released is dependent on a controller which doesn't come with the console.

Really? Donkey Kong Jungle beat, was there not a dancemat mario game and odama all for the gamecube?

Donkey Konga and Jungle beat sold reasonable amounts, even dancing stage did pretty well.

Edited by Pestneb

There was a quote from him yesterday where he says that once they have developed a controller that can be used well for F-Zero, they'll do it.

:blank:

I can only assume he's referring to the Gamepad's lack of analogue triggers?

F-Zero X didn't need analogue triggers.. and I'm sure GX would have performed well enough without them ::shrug:

I can only hope it all means we get F-Zero at the launch of the next system along with the promise of a new Wave Race and spectacular 3D Mario game with this crazy new SUPER controller :yay:

Mario 3D World is the first main entry (apart from New Super Mario Bros) that I've thought is just average. There is a lot of great level design in there but also masses of filler, especially in world 6 and earlier.

The clunky controls (especially compared to other 3D titles) and lack of free camera are what annoyed me most. I know you didn't get much camera control in Galaxy but at least it was more dynamic, so many levels in 3D World just have the side-on camera which really doesn't work well for a 3D playing field but alas, I know it was necessary to accommodate the multiplayer aspect.

@V.Amoleo - same near me, pretty much every shop I know has dropped Nintendo stuff. I have a huge shopping centre right by me yet the only places that sell Nintendo items are GAME and Smyths toys. ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys, Currys - No, no, no and no. All of them used to.

Nintendo Wii U Game Pad High Capacity Battery (Wii U) £24.99 @ Nintendo Store UK

Seen this over on HotUKDeals this morning. But then other people are suggesting another site for it that is £17.50 but you've to add on delivery and it'll take a while to get over here from Japan.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/9032-wii-u-gamepad-battery-pack-2550mah.html

And another suggestion again, this one is really cheap, from China, not official of course but a higher capacity. It's £4.39 plus £0.29 for delivery. I went with this option. It's only about €7, if it doesn't work, it's not a big deal and what's the worst that could happen? Besides blowing up my Wii U, melting my gamepad or burning down my house. :) Touch wood none of that happens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291216768497

Has anybody bought one of these? Are they any good or reliable? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks time.

The battery arrived yesterday. So far no problems. Running a comparison at the minute to see how much longer it lasts. The old battery lasted just under 3 hours and 30 minutes and that was from just leaving it run on the browser. The gamepad doesn't feel any heavier, probably is but it's definitely not noticeable. Said it was coming from China but it arrived from the Netherlands. Hhmmm! Where was that TV crew from?

Hopefully nothing blows up, fries, melts or burns. €6 is what it cost, could be a great buy. I'll let you know what the total time is later.

I think Sunshine was the last main series Mario game I properly enjoyed. Didn't like Galaxy's linear-ness. It bothered me less in 3DWorld but then again I was expecting less.

I'd love a more open world-esque Mushroom Kingdom. Maybe it'd serve as a massive hub (or playground) with levels hidden within in, kinda like Mario64 but much, much bigger.

No Nintendo stuff in my local Asda at all.

It's getting visibly worse every month. The sections are getting smaller and it's the same games sitting there since launch nearly for ridiculous prices. They sell the big games initial stock and then that's it. Smyths used to great here but I've noticed in store it's really depressing their Nintendo section, especially Wii U. Their website is the same, they've only 27 various Wii U products online and a lot of it is junk.

Really? Donkey Kong Jungle beat, was there not a dancemat mario game and odama all for the gamecube?

Donkey Konga and Jungle beat sold reasonable amounts, even dancing stage did pretty well.

But the Bongos were a very specific peripheral for a particular game. They could not and should not have been the GameCube's main controller.

In the case of F-Zero, however, it's absolutely crazy that the Wii U doesn't have a feature it needs. All the information was available to them in advance and they still didn't do it.

I apologise to anyone who I slagged Nintendoland off to. For £4 it's a nice little bit of fun. Nothing amazing but quick, quirky bright fun.

Although MK8 is the dogs bollocks. Like the Mario Kart I've been begging for since Double Dash (yeah, I liked that one).

I apologise to anyone who I slagged Nintendoland off to. For £4 it's a nice little bit of fun. Nothing amazing but quick, quirky bright fun.

Although MK8 is the dogs bollocks. Like the Mario Kart I've been begging for since Double Dash (yeah, I liked that one).

Nintendo Land for £4 is a bargain..The Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing games are just fantastic when you've got 5 people in the room. The Zelda game too...:heart:

Double Dash was awesome...if MK8 had the Double Dash powersliding mechanic it would be perfect.

I genuinely believe Nintendoland is one of the best local multiplayer games there's been. He multi player modes are great and varied, but the hidden multiplayer train thing which uses all mini games is incredible. Surprising fun in single player too, especially donkey kong crash course.

Just played Nintendo Land with 2 friends today, we had fun. My favourite is the Luigi's Mansion game. I screamed so that my neighbours must have heard it. But we couldn't play the Metroid game since that too requires Wii Motion Plus controllers and I only have one. I know Zelda game requires it for the sword play but didn't think Metroid did...

Now, when will they release more Gamecube controller adapters...

If NintendoLand had been packaged as a budget £30 game like Captain Toad I would have had no issues getting it. Fantastic set of games and I like the whole collectable aspect as well. As well as the obvious gems I really liked DK's Crash Course, the Balloon Fight game and even the F-Zero one (once I realised to just play by watching the tv).

Nowhere near as accessible as Wii Sports obviously, but far more fun IMO. Great arcadey feel to the games and the visuals and sounds are just perfect.

If NintendoLand had online multiplayer and voice chat it would have helped the Wii U hugely at the start. Imagine Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Wii U had no online. Would they have sold as well, reviewed as well or be played as much? No on all counts.

The whole point of NintendoLand was to show of the asymmetrical gameplay the Gamepad offers for LOCAL multiplayer. Not everyone is as obsessed with online play, especially not for little mini games like that. Voice chat especially would have added nothing to Wii U launch sales.