NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Serebii may have a high opinion of himself at times but he's never downright nasty like you often are. He's courteous to a point and it's something you should try yourself sometime.

You really are something else. You have a pop at 2 members and what's your flaw? That you're overly defensive. Wow. You're really critical of yourself there. How's about you constantly spouting lies about file size relating to game quality? Captain Toad being the recent example.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1727339&postcount=410

Just look at your comments preceding that rebuttal.

Or again in the amiibo thread, you're constantly telling people I crap up the thread which other people then latch onto which was far from the truth. It was over 2 weeks at one point before I last said something negative about it and had numerous positive things to say in that time.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1724921&postcount=8514

You're not some innocent victim on this forum.

There are countless posts in this forum of you equating file size to quality. Sorry mate, but it's true.

You do also have that habit.

There are countless posts in this forum of you equating file size to quality. Sorry mate, but it's true.

You do also have that habit.

Utter rubbish. No you're lying again. I only ever talked about NSMBU.

Oh and also meant to say in the last post that you're quite rude at times.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1726923&postcount=290

You act like like you know it all when in fact you know very little.

Serebii, this is just my opinion and all, but I actually think that site is ruining your life. You can choose to see it that people want to depend on you if you like, but the harsh truth would be that those people would likely just use another website if you weren't there. Honestly, it's a good achievement that you have such a popular website but the effects on your life and personality are pretty plain to see. You clearly have a very high opinion of yourself because of it.

It's not ruining my life. It's taking it to new levels. I have contacts throughout the industry, I have met the best of friends due to my site. I get to do something I really enjoy.

I've always had a high opinion of myself, even before I had the site, but that's because I'm good. My Year 3 teacher used to call me arrogant...but that's her fault since I had to keep correcting her. Not my fault she was often wrong.

Utter rubbish. No you're lying again. I only ever talked about NSMBU.

Oh and also meant to say in the last post that you're quite rude at times.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1726923&postcount=290

You act like like you know it all when in fact you know very little.

You do realise I was correct there, right? So I didn't know "very little", I was spot on.

Nice try.

It's not ruining my life. It's taking it to new levels. I have contacts throughout the industry, I have met the best of friends due to my site. I get to do something I really enjoy.

Devil's advocate and whatnot, but you've been saying you'll do a Master's for maybe 5 years now, and you're still saying you're going to do it. Are you sure the site isn't responsible for holding you back in places? I also distinctly remember you saying that you have to lock yourself away in your room for a month when new Pokemon games hit, and everyone in the relationship topic said that wasn't compatible with a girlfriend (you were seeking at the time).

I've always had a high opinion of myself, even before I had the site, but that's because I'm good. My Year 3 teacher used to call me arrogant...but that's her fault since I had to keep correcting her. Not my fault she was often wrong.

Maybe we should just refer to this quote next time you start shitting up the place with your arrogant remarks.

Seems like what most of us notice in you here has been noticed by others for a very long time.

Edited by Sheikah

You do realise I was correct there, right? So I didn't know "very little", I was spot on.

Nice try.

No the point of that post was your rudeness and your comments afterwards about your website being in the top 50 of something. :indeed: Like who even asked or cares?

And with that I'm done, I'm not getting bogged down in this rubbish. And certainly not today of all days.

Can anyone recommend a hard drive for me buy? I'm planning on buying some games in the current sale and would like to get them digitally..just need to know what the best option is. I basically just want something cheap...

:)

@Serebii: Arrogance has nothing to do with being right or wrong. It's about attitude. It can be arrogant to say things like "You're wrong!" instead of "I think you're mistaken on a few things", even when both sentences attempt to communicate the same thing.

only the reprobates on here are the ones that complain about me. The kind of people that, if they were to thank my post, I'd be wondering what the fuck I did wrong to result in that. Just based on how these people behave about these parts, I am pretty happy that my posts are not the 'toxic' ones.

Yes, because you'd never resort to personal attacks, like attacking a man's degree and hobby to discredit him :blank: You never come across as arrogant yourself, I'm sure.

On a less sarcastic note, it takes two to argue back and forth. Every time someone complains about the toxicity in this forum, you should do well to remember how often you're on one of those sides.

Anyone who even dares to defend Serebii here is having a laugh. On stage is his pure arrogance (look back for where he says 'millions depend on me', 'I have a qualification', 'you display envy'). This is the guy who has convinced himself that he is something that he is not, and that arrogance spills quite freely into his arguments. Tbh, this post is largely unecessary because the incredibly down to earth chaps on these forums already know this. They are the intelligent people who will never thank the post that Clown made, and always have genuinely thought-provoking things to add. They do not instantly assume Nintendo produce magic and accept criticism towards franchises without seeing it as an 'attack'. Whether coincidence or not, the smarter guys about these parts always do seem to be the ones who have broadened their horizons, casting their net into the console sea rather than sticking to mostly just Nintendo consoles.

Serebii's main flaw in that argument was using bad wording and coming across as arrogant. Ashley was the one to politely call him out on it, and potentially improve Serebii's attitude for future reference. Meanwhile, you took the "You're not a real scientist, you run a Pokémon site" route. In other words, you fed the flames.

And mind you, coming across as arrogant is something you do very often, as well:

Why would I consider the untrue? It is as I say.

The reason I don't bring up your attitude more often is mainly because I don't want to clog up threads further, but your attitude is part of the problem as much as the people you keep criticising.

@Wii, @Ronnie, Sheikah, Serebii and to whomever it may concern: can we stop seeing debates as a matter of who's right and wrong? We either reach common ground when discussing, or agree to disagree, but don't resort to personal insults, and especially don't bring up old feuds all the time to do so.

We get it, Sheikah said 30 FPS were better than 60 and Serebii said earthquakes affected Nintendo more than they actually did. Seriously, I keep seeing things like that (despite missing the original "debates"), and it's quite unhealthy to bring them up in a non-cheeky manner.

@Serebii:

Yes, because you'd never resort to personal attacks, like attacking a man's degree and hobby to discredit him :blank: You never come across as arrogant yourself, I'm sure.

Fucking hell Jonnas, you're better than this.

I've already said that I have a BSc myself so it would be ridiculous for me to say it was a crappy qualification. I didn't say that - I was pointing out that his qualification had no bearing on the argument. He presented his qualification to ascertain superiority. Essentially, dick move. BSc level education would not tell us how much bandwidth Nintendo game voice chat would use in relation to breaking the game. The point of Uni education is to give a very broad overview of a field or research and that information (particularly in certain fields) becomes outdated very quickly.

On a less sarcastic note, it takes two to argue back and forth. Every time someone complains about the toxicity in this forum, you should do well to remember how often you're on one of those sides.

Just because it takes more than one to argue, it doesn't mean we can't highlight the people like Serebii who are using flawed arguments and arrogance to ultimately continue it.

Meanwhile, you took the "You're not a real scientist, you run a Pokémon site" route. In other words, you fed the flames.

Why have you again interpreted what I said so wrongly? He used a qualification, purely on its own, to attempt to gain superiority in an argument.

And mind you, coming across as arrogant is something you do very often, as well:

The reason I don't bring up your attitude more often is mainly because I don't want to clog up threads further, but your attitude is part of the problem as much as the people you keep criticising.

Well I strongly disagree. I think that you basically see an argument happening and assume all sides are a bad as each other. Such a cop out, really.

That reply I did previously was a masterstroke in STFU-ology. I remember that someone was saying something ludicrous, and rather than have another several page back and forth fiasco by pointing out things I disagreed with I thought 'fuck this'; "it is as I say". I could actually picture the response from you as I typed it, but I simply didn't care. :p

Edited by Sheikah

[stuff about Serebii's qualification]

My main point isn't that you were wrong, you know.

What I said to Serebii I will say to you: it's more arrogant to say "lol, a bachelor of science. Sorry, but I'd wipe my arse with that;" than it is to say "That's not relevant, Serebii, because it has nothing to do with this subject".

Well I strongly disagree. I think that you basically see an argument happening and assume all sides are a bad as each other. Such a cop out, really.

I literally just re-read a post from you that compared Serebii's argument to toilet paper.

You can argue politely and take the high route, or you can sound as bad as the people you're arguing with.

To be fair, my statement about qualifications was to help cement the fact that, contrary to his belief, I do know what I'm on about. It wasn't irrelevant to the point.

Can we end this now? We're crapping up this thread.

True, I could put it kinder. The problem is when you're arguing with someone who is being arrogant and using qualifications like that, it's hard to reply with a veneer of niceness.

Come on guys, this is getting disgusting. Do any of you actually care about what you're arguing about? It's bloody pointless. Who cares who thinks who is arrogant and why they're arrogant. Does it really upset you if they are? Get over it and chill out! This is an internet forum, there's no need in getting so worked up!

Like someone said, this really doesn't give a good impression of this place. Agree to disagree on these matters, think about your own behaviour and what you can do to make things a bit less hostile; let's try to make this a better place. Leave any past grudges behind and maybe this place can be a little friendlier.

It's Christmas, grab yourself a drink and get off here, play a game, watch some movies (the Grinch is on Channel 4 right now, followed by Muppets Christmas Carol!) and enjoy yourself! :)

@Goron_3 respect for trying to actually have a discussion outside all of this crap! I'm not an expert on hard drives but I'm sure there'll be some good deals coming up in the next week or so :D

@Mr\-Paul looks like the arguments had died down, best to just change topic than continue to focus on it or try reprimand.

Edited by Sheikah

@Mr\-Paul looks like the arguments had died down, best to just change topic than continue to focus on it or try reprimand.

I didn't look at the timestamps, just replying to the last posts!

Anyway, Merry Christmas all! :D:santa::santa::santa:

In Wii U related matters...

I have it on good authority that I'll be getting Smash Wii U tomorrow. Anyone fancy a game at some point? ;)

Got to echo what Mr Paul said, I'm no expert but just went for a hdd during a sale, got a good price for it. Out of interest @Goron_3, what price/size did you have in mind?

Got to echo what Mr Paul said, I'm no expert but just went for a hdd during a sale, got a good price for it. Out of interest @Goron_3, what price/size did you have in mind?

Anything around 256/512 GB hard drive should be plenty given that I'll only really have 5-6 titles on there..

And in terms of price..as cheap as possible! Ideally not more than £50-60..Any suggestions? :)

I have it on good authority that I'll be getting Smash Wii U tomorrow. Anyone fancy a game at some point? ;)

Yeh, dude : peace:

I may have it under the tree too.. but it could equally be something like Hyrule Warriors or Bayonetta. In fact, knowing my brother, it could be something random like Rayman.. or worse :heh:

Anything around 256/512 GB hard drive should be plenty given that I'll only really have 5-6 titles on there..

And in terms of price..as cheap as possible! Ideally not more than £50-60..Any suggestions? :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-HDTB305EK3AA-Canvio-Basics-External/dp/B00KWHJT7Q/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Hits the price and size you want, not 100% sure from skim reading the reviews, although my (older version) one has been fine. May be worth using flubit on it, see if they can knock a few more pennies off

@Goron_3 Here's a 500GB external portable for £32, or for a tenner more you can get a 1TB portable. The latter could be more useful if you ever plan to use it for anything else later.

There can be a problem with the USB powered portable hard drives though - they might need you to use a Y cable to plug into both USB ports to draw enough power. An alternative is to get a larger desktop HDD that plugs into a power socket...uglier but pretty much guaranteed to work. A quick look shows these tend to be more expensive these days.

Edited by Sheikah

Shit! I missed my stop due to reading this dramatic thread.

Lots gone up

I'm in! DocChaos007!

Also: anyone have an idea where to get cheap GC controllers for playing smash? Wii U gamepad feels like holding a boat to game with