NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

It's been a pretty poor year for 3DS, in my opinion. Almost everything I played was extremely disappointing, tedious or cynical. Bravely Default was like Fantasy Life in that it seemed like it had something good about it, but became a trudge.

Personally, the only good retail 3DS game I've played this year is Etrian Odyssey Untold, and even that now has an unbalanced post-game (it's a remake). Surely Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will be the best 3DS game though?

I know the majority of people here hate Bravely Default.

I've played it through 4 times since launch, still enjoyed it.

Opinions, you know. The battle system is fantastic in my view.

And I was OK with the second half. You don't have to do the optional stuff. You can make that part go by pretty quickly if you know what you're doing.

Some of the late game optional fights are pretty brutal as well, even on Level 99.

Shame almost no-one tried it.

Even if you skip the optional battles, it's still an awful lot of doing the exact same boring thing. It's a real cheap story mechanic that you'd never see in a full fat RPG (same goes to the ghost towns with nothing but a couple of shops to visit).

Even if you skip the optional battles, it's still an awful lot of doing the exact same boring thing. It's a real cheap story mechanic that you'd never see in a full fat RPG (same goes to the ghost towns with nothing but a couple of shops to visit).

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to defend that. It could have been handled better.

I still loved playing it. I enjoyed the battle system too much to let that put a dampener on it.

That finale was totally awesome though...

I'm sorry, I must be mistaken. I was under the impression that this was the Wii U discussion thread. I'll be off again.

When%20I%20see%20my%20ex%20at%20a%20party...

*walks back in*

Wait a minute.......this IS the Wii U discussion thread. Shoo, shoo, get out of here now you damn hippies, you have your own thread for this discussion.

niE8r.gif

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I'm sorry, I must be mistaken. I was under the impression that this was the Wii U discussion thread. I'll be off again.

When%20I%20see%20my%20ex%20at%20a%20party...

*walks back in*

Wait a minute.......this IS the Wii U discussion thread. Shoo, shoo, get out of here now you damn hippies, you have your own thread for this discussion.

niE8r.gif

You're right, this is the Wii U thread.

Get the frack out, Wii. ;)

You're right, this is the Wii U thread.

Get the frack out, Wii. ;)

The Wii U is backwards compatible so :heh:

I've played it through 4 times since launch, still enjoyed it.

4 times!!! :o

Some of the late game optional fights are pretty brutal as well, even on Level 99.

Shame almost no-one tried it.

I did try the optional bosses. They were as, er... unorthodox as the rest of the game. :heh:

You're right, let's get back to the arguments about sales, the GamePad and lack of 3rd-party support, please.

niE8r.gif

You're the one who posted here about Bravely Default being nominated in the first place!

You're the one who posted here about Bravely Default being nominated in the first place!

Yes but I was more interested and mentioned more of the Wii U games. Besides we don't have a combined Wii U/3DS thread so it best fitted here.

Good to see Nintendo nominated in Developer of the Year category. Quality wise they've been on fire for the last couple of years.

Good to see Nintendo nominated in Developer of the Year category. Quality wise they've been on fire for the last couple of years.

Err... context, link... etc.?

Was replying to this...

Bayonetta 2 has been nominated in the most prestigious category of Game of the Year at this year’s Game Awards 2014. Bayonetta 2 is joined Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Hearthstone and Shadow of Mordor.

Mario Kart 8 has made it into the Best Sports/Racing Game category and Nintendo are in the Developer Of The Year category. Shovel Knight is in the Best Independent Game category. While Smash Bros. 3DS and Bravely Default are up for the Best Mobile/Handheld Game award. Both versions of Smash Bros. will duke it out in the Best Fighting Game category. There's more to be seen. You can check out the full list of categories and nominations at the website below.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

When have they NOT been on fire though? ;)

No really, the only time I could ever say that Nintendo as a whole was "off" was maybe 2002-2003, where they were rushing out their GCN games before they really felt they were finished (particularly Mario Sunshine and TLOZ: The Wind Waker).

And even then, they were still amazing games! (Mathew Matosis

when he referred to Mario Sunshine as "the most polished incomplete game ever made" :awesome: )

When have they NOT been on fire though? ;)

No really, the only time I could ever say that Nintendo as a whole was "off" was maybe 2002-2003, where they were rushing out their GCN games before they really felt they were finished (particularly Mario Sunshine and TLOZ: The Wind Waker).

And even then, they were still amazing games! (Mathew Matosis

when he referred to Mario Sunshine as "the most polished incomplete game ever made" :awesome: )

I watched that review the other day. I love his work. :bowdown:

Nintendo Aims For A Smashing Holiday Season (Forbes interview with Reggie)

Finally! We can demand our online friends to bring us food.

But you could do that anyway!

I've been telling my friends about Dat Inside Drift since Mario Kart!

People need to know!

Got a problem with some Nintendo hardware? Well now would not be a good time to send it for repair.

Warehouse fire hits Nintendo's UK customer repair company

A fire at the warehouse used by Nintendo UK’s customer repair partner has affected a number of gamers.

The Coventry Telegraph reports that Repair Tech’s offices were hit by a serious fire last week that required the night-long attentions of a number of fire engines to tackle.

“We can confirm that on Tuesday 18th November, a fire broke out in the warehouse owned by RepairTech, the company that Nintendo UK uses to fulfil its customer repairs,” a Nintendo UK spokesperson told MCV.

JS51186803.jpg

“Nintendo UK only used the warehouse for UK based product repairs and storing of associated repairs equipment, it did not contain stock that would at any point be sent to a retailer for sale to the public. We are pleased to confirm that no one was hurt.”

Customers whose hardware or software was in for repair have been contacted to be told that free replacements are to be issued, alongside some complementary free eShop credit.

At one stage firefighters had to withdraw from the scene owing to the density of smoke bellowing from the burning plastics. There was also concern regarding the danger of a nearby oil storage tank.

The cause of the fire remains unknown.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/warehouse-fire-hits-nintendo-s-uk-customer-repair-company

I'd want some amount of free eShop credit if my save files were destroyed.

The Coventry Telegraph have more details including footage and photos.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/cause-southam-blaze-not-yet-8134754

JS51205434.jpg

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

They have a UK repair place? The last time I sent something for repair, it went to Germany.

Warehouse fire hits Nintendo's UK customer repair company

JS51186803.jpg

JS51205434.jpg

That's the last time they try to run a game at 1080p.

Edited by Sheikah

Got a problem with some Nintendo hardware? Well now would not be a good time to send it for repair.

Its a better time than sending it last week.