NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Actually, looking back it was the one @Cube recommended me to get this one. I blame him! :)

I thought you got the official one? No wonder it came with an installation disc!

Do I have to do something first then or no? Is it just wangy?

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

Do I have to do something first then or no? Is it just wangy?

No idea with that model. As I and others said yesterday, with the official one you just plug it in, press test connection and that's it.

It's problems like these why I never bother with 3rd party accessories.

No idea with that model. As I and others said yesterday, with the official one you just plug it in, press test connection and that's it.

It's problems like these why I never bother with 3rd party accessories.

I think Nintendo released a wifi dongle thing for the DS? It was official, and I had similar problems to these with it.

I think Nintendo released a wifi dongle thing for the DS? It was official, and I had similar problems to these with it.

I remember that thing (made by Buffalo). Absolute garbage and it didn't work. Took it back to gamestation the next day.

It could work, it just required too much effort to actually get it to work, even then it was hit and miss.

I loved that thing! Took a while to setup but it worked great for me. :)

Actually, looking back it was the one @Cube recommended me to get this one. I blame him! :)

It should just plug in, according to reviews and recommendations from others.

The installation disc is for Windows - linux-based OSes have native support for it (Linux, Android, Wii U).

Also, does any multi usb adaptor work with Wii u? Running out of USB ports...

Needs to be mains powered, but it should.

How can a simple ethernet to USB connector cause this much of a problem???

These things cost pence and should look like this:

apple-usb-eth.jpg

You just plug them in, no need for a disk, and change your Wii U setting to 'wired'. I never had a single problem with mine!

@dazzybee - which did you buy?

apple-usb-eth.jpg

You just plug them in, no need for a disk, and change your Wii U setting to 'wired'. I never had a single problem with mine!

Did you not pay attention to anything that was posted yesterday? :rolleyes: You're a little late with your words of wisdom.

apple-usb-eth.jpg

This one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00NP1XOOK/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Tried all that, just wouldn't work, so either its a dodgy adaptor, or I'm doing something incredibly stupid! (Highly unlikely :) )

nintendo-e-1.jpg

Here's the bad news. Drug dealers in the UK have been caught selling Ecstasy that is stamped with a Nintendo logo. Here's the worse news. It appears that the Ecstasy with this stamp is actually a stronger variant. People do some really crazy stuff, man...

Dat quality of life. :D

Dat quality of life. :D

Seen that on gonintendo, it's sad, it's all wrong. Nintendo have a red logo. :heh:

But seriously wtf are people thinking? Why Nintendo? Mario and his magic mushrooms? Do they think this will encourage kids or young adults to take them?

Seen that on gonintendo, it's sad, it's all wrong. Nintendo have a red logo. :heh:

What is this? The 90's?

It's a grey logo now.

Bayonetta 2 has been nominated in the most prestigious category of Game of the Year at this year’s Game Awards 2014. Bayonetta 2 is joined Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Hearthstone and Shadow of Mordor.

Mario Kart 8 has made it into the Best Sports/Racing Game category and Nintendo are in the Developer Of The Year category. Shovel Knight is in the Best Independent Game category. While Smash Bros. 3DS and Bravely Default are up for the Best Mobile/Handheld Game award. Both versions of Smash Bros. will duke it out in the Best Fighting Game category. There's more to be seen. You can check out the full list of categories and nominations at the website below.

Nominees for The Game Awards 2014 are selected by a jury of 28 international media. In some cases the jury is provided advanced review code of upcoming games in order to meet the Game Awards 2014 judging deadlines. Games must have been commercially released by Tuesday, November 25 to be eligible for awards.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Edited by Wii

Even @Blade got this to work, you are shameful!!!

It's definitely the stupid lan adaptor and nothing at all to do with me :)

Anywheres, reading about and something about it can o my go so fast and actually if you have lightening fibre the. It'll probably be faster wireless.

Stuff it. I'll be fine! And I don't want to a stupid usb adaptor plugged in anyway!

Wired will always be more stable. I'd bite the bullet and just pay for the official adapter. It's £10 on Amazon but it's not in stock.

Bravo to Bravely Default! I don't care what anyone says. That game was an utter joy to play!

I remember someone describing it as "The best Final Fantasy in a decade" and I think that's quite apt.

Doesn't stand a chance against Smash though.

Bravo to Bravely Default! I don't care what anyone says. That game was an utter joy to play!

I remember someone describing it as "The best Final Fantasy in a decade" and I think that's quite apt.

Doesn't stand a chance against Smash though.

I think we played different games. I went for the true ending and poured many hours into it, but ultimately it was a very bittersweet experience.

It certainly had potential with its job class system, but any greatness this may have afforded the game buckled under the extremely tedious story (verging on Suzumiya Endless 8 levels of tedium). Actually can't believe they even went with such levels of repetition really as a mode of achieving the decent ending/resolution (the fuckers).

The towns were also super barren; comparing them to something like those in Final Fantasy IX and there's no contest. Hardly any enterable buildings and most towns served as little more than a merchant, weapon and armour shop.

The music was pretty great though.