NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

It's beyond preposterous... Just update 13 and we'd be happy :)

Eh.....NO!

Well the Wii U is backwards compatible so you can technically play the new FIFA on Wii U....

;)

I could almost live with that if it was not the cartoon version that Wii gets. Who is going to buy and play Wii Fifa 15 on Wii U, just upate the team rosters on 13

Edited by Clownferret

I'm not being aggressive but have somehow managed to upset you. I would apologise but I'm having trouble understanding what about my factual information upsets you. Ummm sorry?

Haha, not at all, maybe I worded it wrong. I wasn't bothered or having a go or anything, more just saying that Nintendo almost have the opposite problem of what you say by throwing in every control method they have on most of their games, which could be confusing to some.

In a round about way I was sort of agreeing with you, as I don't think they will either as what the gamepad is doing couldn't be replicated with the pro controller or whatever.

I don't think I expressed myself very well...

On Friday next week, we shall see if Iwata keeps his job. I'm really hoping he will, but I have a horrible feeling that he won't.

Despite the success of MK8 and the massive positive outlook for the Wii U coming from everywhere now, I just don't see it changing investors minds :/

On Friday next week, we shall see if Iwata keeps his job. I'm really hoping he will, but I have a horrible feeling that he won't.

Despite the success of MK8 and the massive positive outlook for the Wii U coming from everywhere now, I just don't see it changing investors minds :/

Did I miss something? One swallow does not a summer make. Regarding Iwata, the trend in all the recent votes have been downwards every time. It could be close. I don't know if he should go or not. I like him and he's done well in the past but he's also made some catastrophic errors.

Did I miss something? One swallow does not a summer make. Regarding Iwata, the trend in all the recent votes have been downwards every time. It could be close. I don't know if he should go or not. I like him and he's done well in the past but he's also made some catastrophic errors.

Every time? You mean once. Every year before last year he was above 90%.

And for positive outlook, everywhere is being pro-Nintendo at the moment. Open your eyes and pay attention.

Every time? You mean once. Every year before last year he was above 90%.

And for positive outlook, everywhere is being pro-Nintendo at the moment. Open your eyes and pay attention.

iwataapprovalratingsyrsp7.png

You were saying? I don't need to open my eyes and pay attention, I think you do though. One decent E3 in years does not fix all the problems. Sales are still not good, 3rd party support is as good as non-existent and the release schedule for the rest of the year is far from impressive. Still gaping game droughts.

iwataapprovalratingsyrsp7.png

You were saying? I don't need to open my eyes and pay attention, I think you do though. One decent E3 in years does not fix all the problems. Sales are still not good, 3rd party support is as good as non-existent and the release schedule for the rest of the year is far from impressive. Still gaping game droughts.

Before then, it fluctuated in the 90s. The way you painted it, it was as if it has been a consistent major drop.

Also, yes it doesn't solve anything, but it's a bloody start. Things don't suddenly turn around in a day. Don't be an idiot.

Nintendo has a positive buzz around the Internet now. Not just people like us, but in the press. To say otherwise would be to be a complete idiot. A positive buzz, coming off of a fantastic launch of Mario Kart 8, with improving Wii U sales, is the start of turning things around. Wii U will never get third party support, accept that. Nothing anyone can do will change that.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I think Nintendo could change that....

But in other news, when are we getting a red Wii U?

If Iwata did step down, who is likely to take his place and would we even notice a difference? (Apart from a different face in Nintendo Directs...)

I think Nintendo could change that....

I don't believe they could. I honestly don't. I believe that even if they made a powerful console, more powerful than the PS4, it sold well and was the easiest to develop for, then most third parties would still skip it.

EA's shunning of the Wii U is evidence of this. 3DS selling well and having next to no third party support, too.

Edited by Serebii

Before then, it fluctuated in the 90s. The way you painted it, it was as if it has been a consistent major drop.

Also, yes it doesn't solve anything, but it's a bloody start. Things don't suddenly turn around in a day. Don't be an idiot.

Nintendo has a positive buzz around the Internet now. Not just people like us, but in the press. To say otherwise would be to be a complete idiot. A positive buzz, coming off of a fantastic launch of Mario Kart 8, with improving Wii U sales, is the start of turning things around. Wii U will never get third party support, accept that. Nothing anyone can do will change that.

You keep mentioning the word idiot and yet you say that "things don't turn suddenly turn around in a day", followed by "Wii U will never get third party support, accept that". Really? Without 3rd party support things will not improve or turn around. A spike in sales for a few weeks does not constitute a revival. Where's the games to continue the momentum? 1st party or 3rd par.....nevermind.

You keep mentioning the word idiot and yet you say that "things don't turn suddenly turn around in a day", followed by "Wii U will never get third party support, accept that". Really? Without 3rd party support things will not improve or turn around. A spike in sales for a few weeks does not constitute a revival. Where's the games to continue the momentum? 1st party or 3rd par.....nevermind.

July; Wii Sports Club. If marketed well, it could lure people in with it and Mario Kart

August: Not sure

September: Hyrule Warriors

October: Bayonetta

November: Sonic Boom

November/December: Smash, Captain Toad

These are Nintendo paid for software. Then there's download titles, games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity and so forth.

Yes, it's a bit more sparse than a console with third party support, but you are negligent to ignore things. Things will improve. I never said they'd suddenly take off and the Wii U would be the best selling console ever. I said improve. Learn to read. I grow weary of having to reiterate my point to you in discussions here because you fail to properly read what I say, and just assume.

Edit: Actually to prevent arguments, I'm re-adding you to the ignore list.

Edited by Serebii

July; Wii Sports Club. If marketed well, it could lure people in with it and Mario Kart

August: Not sure

September: Hyrule Warriors

October: Bayonetta

November: Sonic Boom

November/December: Smash, Captain Toad

These are Nintendo paid for software. Then there's download titles, games like Skylanders and Disney Infinity and so forth.

Yes, it's a bit more sparce than a console with third party support, but you are negligent to ignore things. Things will improve. I never said they'd suddenly take off and the Wii U would be the best selling console ever. I said improve. Learn to read. I grow weary of having to reiterate my point to you in discussions here because you fail to properly read what I say, and just assume.

Edit: Actually to prevent arguments, I'm re-adding you to the ignore list.

I've no problem reading, I assume you have a different definition to most when you say "it's a bit more sparse"(I've no problem spelling either)? A bit, yeah, just a bit. Or did I assume that you wrote that?

I don't believe they could. I honestly don't. I believe that even if they made a powerful console, more powerful than the PS4, it sold well and was the easiest to develop for, then most third parties would still skip it.

EA's shunning of the Wii U is evidence of this. 3DS selling well and having next to no third party support, too.

I'm sorry and you know I'm not normally this blunt, but that is a patently ridiculous thing to claim. This is a business and if Nintendo was in the position you outlined, of course third parties would support it.

The Wii U simply hasn't sold well, has a low install base, lower specs, different architecture and smaller online of every other home console Fifa 15 is being released on other than the Wii (which has a bigger install base). It's no bloody surprise they're not releasing it on the Wii U. Yes it's another example in a rocky relationship between the two, but to think that EA wouldn't support it if the Wii U wasn't in a more viable position is bordering on the deluded. EA is a money-loving company (oh hi sequels).

I know you lumped together Indies and third parties, but still for a comparison there are 34 titles coming up on this list: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54880

Edited by Ashley

I'm sorry and you know I'm not normally this blunt, but that is a patently ridiculous thing to claim. This is a business and if Nintendo was in the position you outlined, of course third parties would support it.

The Wii U simply hasn't sold well, has a low install base, lower specs, different architecture and smaller online of every other home console Fifa 15 is being released on other than the Wii (which has a bigger install base). It's no bloody surprise they're not releasing it on the Wii U. Yes it's another example in a rocky relationship between the two, but to think that EA wouldn't support it if the Wii U wasn't in a more viable position is bordering on the deluded. EA is a money-loving company (oh hi sequels).

I know you lumped together Indies and third parties, but still for a comparison there are 34 titles coming up on this list: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54880

If we count all indie titles, we'll have similar amounts for the Wii U and you know it.

Also, you say that, but EA could have done what they're doing with FIFA on the 3DS, Wii and Vita and just re-release the old one on the Wii U with new rosters, but they're not even doing that which indicates a big issue to me. Nothing to do with power or specs, and the Xbox One's install base is smaller.

If we count all indie titles, we'll have similar amounts for the Wii U and you know it.

Also, you say that, but EA could have done what they're doing with FIFA on the 3DS, Wii and Vita and just re-release the old one on the Wii U with new rosters, but they're not even doing that which indicates a big issue to me. Nothing to do with power or specs, and the Xbox One's install base is smaller.

I didn't deny it, but if you list six titles it doesn't sell your point. I'm trying to help you to argue your point better ;)

They'd be moaned about if they did release a half-arsed version. Dammed if they do... But your "nothing to do with power or specs" line is, until you can prove outside using direct quotes and evidence, pure conjecture.

Wii U might be ahead of the Xbox One at present but it's marginal and the gap is closing, with the gap likely closed by the time the game is released. And with a year head start from the Wii U. Hell, in six months it sold as much as the Wii U did in twelve.

I didn't deny it, but if you list six titles it doesn't sell your point. I'm trying to help you to argue your point better ;)

They'd be moaned about if they did release a half-arsed version. Dammed if they do... But your "nothing to do with power or specs" line is, until you can prove outside using direct quotes and evidence, pure conjecture.

Wii U might be ahead of the Xbox One at present but it's marginal and the gap is closing, with the gap likely closed by the time the game is released. And with a year head start from the Wii U. Hell, in six months it sold as much as the Wii U did in twelve.

We'll see. The Wii U is having a decent turn-around now, though. I am seeing so many people say they're getting one/got one. Not Nintendo hardcore fans, and not just gamers too. There is a turnaround happening. It'll be relatively small, but it's happening.

I kinda, sadly, want to see a change in leadership for Nintendo. Iwata seems cool but doesn't seem to have that aggressive "lets do it!" streak to him, more of a "we'll be fine..." type of guy.

I think I'm being ignorant - Nintendo are not multimedia giants like Microsoft and Sony so naturally they can't compete on the same playing field. So Nintendo's approach to be business will likely remain the same.

If a possible candidate understands why Iwata's ratings have been failing, he should be the man... But I feel its the shadowy puppet master in the back who makes the final decision.

But I definitely feel the change of direction from the N64 era to now. Wasn't Iwata who suggested back in the GC days that he had a preference for making lighter, smaller, and casual-friendly games going forward? Around the time of Sunshine and Wind Wakers release - compare with M64 and OOT... I think a change in direction is quiet evident.

Smash Bros bundle edition for Christmas? Thank you please.

red-wii-u.jpg

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

We'll see. The Wii U is having a decent turn-around now, though. I am seeing so many people say they're getting one/got one. Not Nintendo hardcore fans, and not just gamers too. There is a turnaround happening. It'll be relatively small, but it's happening.

You see, if it's very small I wouldn't really call it a turn around. To turn around this situation you need a lot to happen. Once MK8's effect goes, what then? Aside from Smash this year the lineup is very weak.

You see, if it's very small I wouldn't really call it a turn around. To turn around this situation you need a lot to happen. Once MK8's effect goes, what then? Aside from Smash this year the lineup is very weak.

Not as weak as the other formats. It has Bayonetta, which while niche is a gamer's dream. We have Hyrule Warriors which is bound to sell big in Japan. Captain Toad will appeal to many. Wii Sports Club retail package will do well if well marketed. amiibo comes this year, too and that's bound to have a decent pick-up and, as you said, Super Smash Bros. which will certainly have a MK8 level boost, probably larger. It has a steady stream of titles to carry momentum.

Wii U also has the highest amount of exclusive content coming this year. Even PS4's linchpin title for this autumn, LittleBigPlanet 3, is coming out on PS3.

blaming hardware sales just doesn't work with the EA argument.

1: PS4 and XB1 are at similar sales levels and yet EA have built a new game engine for these.

2: It's not that difficult or costly to convert to Wii U from either last gen or this gen.

3: They could just use the FIFA 13 engine and release a leagacy edition.

4: FIFA sells, so they are turning down revenue.

There is more to it without a doubt. It may be that FIFA 13 sold badly on Wii U (does anybody know numbers) but if they release a version every other year i refuse to believe this would not be a money maker for EA.

Hardware sales can be used because of the rate at which each hardware is selling. Even thought they're at similar numbers currently, the rate at which the other two consoles is selling shows growth in those areas much greater than that of the WiiU... especially so with PS4.

Wii U also has the highest amount of exclusive content coming this year. Even PS4's linchpin title for this autumn, LittleBigPlanet 3, is coming out on PS3.

Exclusives on the Wii U have proven not to work. We've quite a few since launch but they didn't really drive the console. You need both exclusives and strong 3rd party support. You could even argue the exclusives don't even matter that much anymore, I mean just look at the 360 or the PS4 for that matter. Both consoles have sold well on 3rd party support rather than exclusives.

Nintendo have to rely on exclusive games simply because they have no other choice.

Hardware sales can be used because of the rate at which each hardware is selling. Even thought they're at similar numbers currently, the rate at which the other two consoles is selling shows growth in those areas much greater than that of the WiiU... especially so with PS4.

But they both also seen a huge downturn in numbers now that the core fans have purchased one, exactly the same as Wii U did.

But you can discount hardware sales anyway. I bet EA don't need to sell a huge number of of FIFA to make it profitable, especially if they just update FIFA 13, I would imagine we are talking tens of thousands rather than hundreds of thousands. There are circa 6 million Wii U's sitting in living rooms, if MK8 can shift over 1 millions units in a weekend then there is clearly a big game buying market just sitting there waiting to be tapped into.