NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Out of stock now.

That deal was never gonna last long. :D

I thought people would have lowered their range to "£99 or lower" again :p

Nah, it really should be priced at £49.99... I mean, that'll really make the Wii U fly off the shelves. I mean, everyone will buy it. I mean, its old tech anyway. I mean, yaaaah. :indeed:

I stuck to that and have indeed ordered one ;)

So. Cheap powered external hard drives, who can give me some assistance providing I don't get a cancellation email from John Lewis soon? haha

I stuck to that and have indeed ordered one ;)

So. Cheap powered external hard drives, who can give me some assistance providing I don't get a cancellation email from John Lewis soon? haha

I'll just repost what I said the other day...

Personally I would have to recommend a powered drive as I tried using one with a Y cable and it just didn't cut it for me, always cutting out, never even appeared as a usable method of storage half the time etc.

I went with a 1TB Toshiba powered drive - I think - it was the same one as someone recommended to me on here and I've used it ever since with no problems.

I'll just repost what I said the other day...

Dayumn, 1TB is a bit bigger than I was anticipating on using heh, but thanks for the information.

I've actually been looking for powered drives and they seem oddly hard to find.

Dayumn, 1TB is a bit bigger than I was anticipating on using heh, but thanks for the information.

I've actually been looking for powered drives and they seem oddly hard to find.

1TB will last you for the life of the console :) Nintendo's games are really good with compression.

1TB will last you for the life of the console :) Nintendo's games are really good with compression.

The problem is I'm not going to be going too heavy with digital titles, so this is why I'm hoping to nab a smaller, cheaper one.

The problem is I'm not going to be going too heavy with digital titles, so this is why I'm hoping to nab a smaller, cheaper one.

Smaller ones tend not to be cheaper. You can get a powered 1TB one for £50.

Hard drives get more expensive for smaller sizes as time passes.

Smaller ones tend not to be cheaper. You can get a powered 1TB one for £50.

Hard drives get more expensive for smaller sizes as time passes.

True that. Just need to find one that's powered heh.

It's looking like powered ones are dubbed "desktop" external hard drives.

This is the one I'm going to get. Many people use it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084LZJ2G/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

Need to get it soon...running out of space. Too many VC titles

Thanks for the tip. There's a good looking one at Currys for near the same price, but I've still got a while to decide as I think the only thing I'll be needing it for in the immediate future is the free game that comes with Mario Kart.

Are there any people here who are using portable external hard drives with Y cables? Any positive/negative experiences?

Thanks for the tip. There's a good looking one at Currys for near the same price, but I've still got a while to decide as I think the only thing I'll be needing it for in the immediate future is the free game that comes with Mario Kart.

Are there any people here who are using portable external hard drives with Y cables? Any positive/negative experiences?

I have a Japanese branded 1TB Buffalo MiniStation HDD that I use with a Y cable and have had no problems, as yet.

product1_55949_600x600.jpg?file=Buffalo+MiniStation+1TB+USB+3.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+Black

I have the USB 2.0 version though, with a green light.

I have a Japanese branded 1TB Buffalo MiniStation HDD that I use with a Y cable and have had no problems, as yet.

product1_55949_600x600.jpg?file=Buffalo+MiniStation+1TB+USB+3.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+Black

Thanks for the feedback!

Though unfortunately John Lewis has cancelled mine and, from the looks of it, everyone elses order. But I'll keep it in mind for the future!

How much was that?

1TB seems crazily excessive. You'll never fill it and you can't use it with anything else if you use it for the Wii U.

How much was that?

1TB seems crazily excessive. You'll never fill it and you can't use it with anything else if you use it for the Wii U.

Can probably use it with the Wii U's successor in 2017 :)

How much was that?

Would you even fill it if you had every Wii U game ever released?

Or even every Wii U game that will ever be released :p

Sorry to hear that. I guess it's a faulty pad or charger then. Best bet would be to get it to Nintendo ASAP. They are quite good with the speed of their service. Took about a week to get mine sent, fixed and sent back to me.

From the comments on here, they sound pretty good. I rang them up and order a return parcel so should hopefully be sorted soon. In better news, DKC turned up today and Rayman should be here tomorrow... Not that I've broken the seal on Lego yet.

How much was that?

Well, I bought it in Taiwan, where everything is cheaper than in the UK. If you go into an electrical appliance store they pretty much sell 1TB drives now (or bigger). It's hard to find a 500GB one.

I got that over 1 year ago for $998 Taiwan Dollars (which is around 20 quid).

Crazy cheap, and a good brand, too.

Well, I bought it in Taiwan, where everything is cheaper than in the UK. If you go into an electrical appliance store they pretty much sell 1TB drives now (or bigger). It's hard to find a 500GB one.

I got that over 1 year ago for $998 Taiwan Dollars (which is around 20 quid).

Crazy cheap, and a good brand, too.

£20! That is a good price. Did a quick Ebay search earlier for your HD and it's at least 3x your price. I don't need one yet, still have about 20GB's left minus whatever the free game with MK8 takes up. I'd prefer one without a power lead. It's like spaghetti junction with the amount of leads I already have. It's a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Ubisoft announced Watch Dogs and Splnter Cell Blacklist for Wii U late so it probley get announced at E3 and someone I now in Australia has pre-Orderd AC Comet for Wii U

23ee197750e487a08b892d0b98998cba.jpg

I was thinking of getting a Wii U Pro Controller in time for Mario Kart 8, they seem to be sold out everywhere I look though. Is it a sudden sales surge because of Mario Kart 8, or are they always this hard to find?

I was thinking of getting a Wii U Pro Controller in time for Mario Kart 8, they seem to be sold out everywhere I look though. Is it a sudden sales surge because of Mario Kart 8, or are they always this hard to find?
They're available online here & here, insane price though! :o

But if you're on about availability from a retail store, then I guess they've always been pretty hard to find there. :blank:

They've always been next to near impossible to find in the shops.

Fuck.. Amazon had them last week. Think they were bit cheaper also but not sure.

Really don't want to play Mario kart with the gamepad.

Edit.. Just placed order with Amazon as worried there is gonna be a bigger hike once Mario kart is released.

Edited by khilafah

My favourite Iwata quotes:

“I think the biggest problem we were having was that thinking (that) one single software can make a great change on [GameCube] hardware sales. But we have come to realize by now that the circumstances have changed. No single software can do it, but rather, Nintendo, or more specifically GameCube, does need a great variety of different software which must be put into the market at appropriate intervals. Nintendo has to concentrate on something which is really unique to Nintendo.”

- Satoru Iwata, 2003

"One game has the power to change everything"

- Satoru Iwata, 2013

"The fate of a video game system is often influenced greatly by the introduction of a single title."

- Satoru Iwata, 2014