NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Mario Strikers only. PES has the new engine too and only after significant patching did PES 2014 become something approaching acceptable (in my opinion). It would be a nice game to have on WiiU. The GamePad functionality could be great ala FIFA 13. Not getting the EA World Cup game indicates EA won't be coming back I would guess.

FIFA is definitely not coming. PES is an interesting one as if that gets a PS4/xbox one release and not Wii U then that will be a big loss.

Considering the last PES never got a European release on 3DS I do wonder if Konami will do the same again this year for 3DS and Wii U.

Konami must be happy with PES sales in Japan for 3DS as they keep releasing games and a new world cup edition comes out this week I think.

But yes there is nothing to stop Nintendo developing there own sports titles. They won't bother though.

They wouldn't be able to create a real-life football sim with the players' names though, right? Due to the FIFA licensing. Tbh, I don't trust Nintendo in their current state to be able to provide something like this.

The moment they start, it's a slippery slope. It'll become expected.

It can't really be a slippery slope when you aren't on top of anything.

It can't really be a slippery slope when you aren't on top of anything.

Maybe if the slope is angled upwards, with Nintendo at the bottom. Two steps up, four steps down, something like that.

Edit: With a paddling pool at the bottom.

Edit, the sequel: 1342460157_fat_woman_wipes_out_kids_on_slide_stairs.gif

Yeah, like...harder to ascend a slippery slope when you're at rock bottom.

Have we stretched this metaphor too far yet?

They still make the best games. They're top of the most important bit.

But Serebii wasn't talking about game quality, he said it would be against Nintendo's interest to help companies bring their games onto the Wii U.

But Serebii wasn't talking about game quality, he said it would be against Nintendo's interest to help companies bring their games onto the Wii U.

But then daft said Nintendo aren't at the top of anything...

One thing that I think Nintendo missed the trick on with the Gamepad was the camera. The camera needed to be on the back of the Gamepad and should have been used with AR. Could you imagine Pikmin 3 having been played partially in your front room too with AR?! That would've been awesome!

One thing that I think Nintendo missed the trick on with the Gamepad was the camera. The camera needed to be on the back of the Gamepad and should have been used with AR. Could you imagine Pikmin 3 having been played partially in your front room too with AR?! That would've been awesome!

But it would need to be a pretty decent (and therefore expensive) camera to do it well. The cameras on the 3DS and Vita are way too rubbish for AR.

i tried to buy a gamepad on ebay. I gave up bidding when it got to over £150!

Surely you can buy a second hand white Wii U for less than this?

That's a bit nuts. You could probably get a new basic model for that. Why you after a new pad? Is yours broke or do you just fancy another one?

But then daft said Nintendo aren't at the top of anything...

I interpreted that anything as relating to third party releases (in other words "not on top of anything [related to the subject at hand]), rather than anything at all, but no fair enough. It's ambiguous enough that I see where you were coming from.

That's a bit nuts. You could probably get a new basic model for that. Why you after a new pad? Is yours broke or do you just fancy another one?

I've got the gamepad and two pro controllers so wanted a 4th controller for FIFA nights and I thought if I get a gamepad then I can leave it upstairs for bedroom play and in the albeit slim chance that the Wii U ever supports two pads in a game then I already have it.

I've got the gamepad and two pro controllers so wanted a 4th controller for FIFA nights and I thought if I get a gamepad then I can leave it upstairs for bedroom play and in the albeit slim chance that the Wii U ever supports two pads in a game then I already have it.

There are a few problems:

- You won't get an extra controller now (and may never).

- You'll need to resync each GamePad when you want to swap over, and you need to see the TV to get a code. So you would still need to go downstairs to start playing.

I bought my white Wii U for £106 incl postage. (no cables)

There are a few problems:

- You won't get an extra controller now (and may never).

- You'll need to resync each GamePad when you want to swap over, and you need to see the TV to get a code. So you would still need to go downstairs to start playing.

Why won't I get an extra controller?

So you can't have two gamepads synced to one Wii U? I knew you couldn't get the screen to display but thought you would be able to use it like a pro controller.

Only one can be synced to the console. If you sync the second one, it will unsync the first.

Those of you who were holding off, HMV has got a deal on, not sure how long for, Zelda or Lego City bundle for £149.99

Wow! Can you still buy from HMV online? Their website seems more like a review site than a shop. I don't understand it.

Wow! Can you still buy from HMV online? Their website seems more like a review site than a shop. I don't understand it.

Na, that died when they went into administration

Those of you who were holding off, HMV has got a deal on, not sure how long for, Zelda or Lego City bundle for £149.99

And I happened to bag the last Lego City bundle from the Arndale Centre on my lunch.

Mario Strikers only. PES has the new engine too and only after significant patching did PES 2014 become something approaching acceptable (in my opinion). It would be a nice game to have on WiiU. The GamePad functionality could be great ala FIFA 13. Not getting the EA World Cup game indicates EA won't be coming back I would guess.

Hello PS4 and Xbox one did not the get Fifa World Cup game

Why won't I get an extra controller?

So you can't have two gamepads synced to one Wii U? I knew you couldn't get the screen to display but thought you would be able to use it like a pro controller.

There will be games that you can use 2 gamepads with at E3 Nintendo said

They need FIFA there, for sure. They also need to snap up a deal with Konami and get PES on side, too.

Given the state that both FIFA and PES are in at the moment, they're no loss to anybody :heh:

I actually just got PES 2013 on Wii this week as it seems to be hard to find now at a decent price and I kinda wanted to get it now and apply the update before Nintendo Wi-Fi goes down later in the month :indeed:

Anyway, I got it new and sealed for about £10 on ebay, perfectly well knowing that it was just the same as PES 2012 with updated squads and a different soundtrack.. but I'm so glad I got it :smile: I haven't played the series on Wii as much in recent years since the initial bursts of excitement in 2008 and 2009, but I plan to get rid of those, 2011 and 2012 now that I have the last Wii outing. It's so good :yay:

It's a shame we probably won't see anything similar on Wii U, but it'd be awesome if Konami and Nintendo teamed up to bring out a new ISS with the speed and intensity of the N64 versions coupled with some awesome pointer and touch control options :hehe: I wouldn't even care that the names wouldn't be real as there was always a charm in playing with partially fictional players that wormed their way into your heart :love:

In fact, surprise us at E3 with ISS 98 to download exclusively on Wii U with updated squads, HD visuals and online just before the world cup :heh:

So I performed the system update last night, which only took about an hour which was a pleasant surprise actually given some people's reports, and then I thought I'd try testing the range on the gamepad. I unplugged it from the mains and it went straight off. Throughout the time it was plugged in, the orange light never came on and having followed the steps on their website around unplugging and waiting, it still won't charge now.

Any suggestions folks?