NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Question on the Nintendo Premium thing where you can get 5euro back.

I just spoted I'm just 8points shy of getting a code for 5euro.

I assume 3DS eShop purchases don't count yeah?

But am wondering since the eShop "wallets" are now combined if I can claim that 5euro I should also be able to spend that on the 3DS eshop yeah? (I'm looking to buy Nintendo Pocket Football)

If yeah, is there anything cheap on the Wii U eShop I can get for 1 or 2 euro that will net me those extra 8 points I need (it's 10 points for every euro yeah?)

Question on the Nintendo Premium thing where you can get 5euro back.

I just spoted I'm just 8points shy of getting a code for 5euro.

I assume 3DS eShop purchases don't count yeah?

But am wondering since the eShop "wallets" are now combined if I can claim that 5euro I should also be able to spend that on the 3DS eshop yeah? (I'm looking to buy Nintendo Pocket Football)

If yeah, is there anything cheap on the Wii U eShop I can get for 1 or 2 euro that will net me those extra 8 points I need (it's 10 points for every euro yeah?)

Yes you can use it on the 3DS eShop :)

A good way to get something cheap is to upgrade a Virtual Console game that you bought on Wii and have yet to upgrade to Wii U.

People aren't buying the Wii U, that's for sure - but it clearly isn't due to a lack of top notch games. I'd take Donkey Kong Country (a last gen game), Pikmin 3 (a two-gen old game) and Super Mario 3D World (a handheld game) over Infamous (a last gen game), Killzone (a paint by number FPS) and tripe like Knack any day of the week.

I've added similar silly descriptions to the Nintendo games.

It's funny when people say there's no games on the Wii U - but the same people are clamouring to get their hands on games like Infamous SS. There's more compelling software on the Wii U than there is on either the XBO or the PS4.

People aren't buying the Wii U, that's for sure - but it clearly isn't due to a lack of top notch games. I'd take Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World over Infamous (a last gen game), Killzone (a paint by number FPS) and tripe like Knack any day of the week.

If great software sold consoles the Dreamcast wouldn't have died an early death.

Surely thats subjective as well as unfair. Your comparing the library of a system which has been out for nearly 18 months with with two consoles that are barely 6 months old.

As for the DC well Sega's errors prior to the DC was the reason the console died. Still what Sega did in its short lifespan to me is way more than what Nintendo have done for the Wii U.

Yes you can use it on the 3DS eShop :)

A good way to get something cheap is to upgrade a Virtual Console game that you bought on Wii and have yet to upgrade to Wii U.

hhhmmm... I've not moved any Wii info to Wii U yet... wanted to keep them seperate cuz the Wife uses the Wii for Just Dance.

Is it possible to pick and choose which data gets transfered? So I can just bring over my data and leave teh Just Dance stuff on the Wii for the wife?

I've added similar silly descriptions to the Nintendo games.

It is undeniable that the three games I have mentioned on the Wii U had a far better critical reception than the ones on the PS4.

You would argue this point though - it gets boring seeing the same people come on here and trash the Wii U, almost criticising people for enjoying their Wii U, whilst getting their knickers in a twist if anyone points out the poor crop of software on other systems.

What's more, it is illuminating how negative posts about games on the Other Sytems boards are always deleted. Am I right @dazzybee

hhhmmm... I've not moved any Wii info to Wii U yet... wanted to keep them seperate cuz the Wife uses the Wii for Just Dance.

Is it possible to pick and choose which data gets transfered? So I can just bring over my data and leave teh Just Dance stuff on the Wii for the wife?

Unfortunately not. it's an all or nothing.

There should be some cheap games, like EDGE that are only a couple of euros though.

It is undeniable that the three games I have mentioned on the Wii U had a far better critical reception than the ones on the PS4.

And I wasn't arguing against that at all. I was pointing out how stupid the descriptions you used were (especially for inFamous), and applied the same logic to the Nintendo games you mentioned.

I own a Wii U because the price I bought it at was right for the amount of games I wanted for the console. I don't own a PS4 because, while I really want inFamous, there just isn't enough to justify the price.

People aren't buying the Wii U, that's for sure - but it clearly isn't due to a lack of top notch games. I'd take Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World over Infamous (a last gen game), Killzone (a paint by number FPS) and tripe like Knack any day of the week.

Say what you like about Killzone - it was only ever a 'bundle' game for me - and slate Knack as much as is humanly possible by all means as it's a really terrible game which Sony should never have green-lit... ever. :p

But inFamous Second Son is the first genuinely compelling retail game that I have purchased for the PS4, I've played the previous games - very close to the release of Second Son as it happens - and I can confidently say that there is a clear difference in the new inFamous game... night & day difference even, just like there is a clear difference between Pikmin 3 plus the games that preceded it.

In both cases it might just be 'visuals' and improved levels of performance, these are two things which come from a generational leap though; it would be amiss to label either game on either platform as 'last gen' even if we were to note that Pikmin 3 was held back for the best part of a generation, it was still released on the piece of hardware that made sense, it's the same case with inFamous Second Son.

They are both fantastic games, both of them are without a doubt 'current' generation - as in by definition both consoles are now out so this is the 'next gen' that we've all been referring to - but it doesn't matter too much, I'm just trying to make the point that I don't deem either of them to be 'last gen' titles. : peace:

As for which console has the most compelling software... Wii U easily but it's going to be an interesting year indeed, I for one am looking forward immensely to Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros but in the meantime I'm really glad that I have inFamous along with whatever free games I get with Plus to tide me over until then. :)

If I was to advise someone of which console to buy right now I'd still say the Wii U has the clear edge with the games but for the future I'd probably recommend the PS4 as even though we know games are coming for the Wii U there is still a fair bit of uncertainty even now. In an ideal world I would say to people 'buy both' but if I could only have one console then it would be the Wii U as I wouldn't want to miss out on all the quality Nintendo titles but I'd still feel gutted that I'd be losing out on any major third party games coming out over the next few years. :(

But there we are, that's the situation right now and an odd one it is granted but let's see what happens at E3 as hopefully both Nintendo and Sony might just surprise us... ::shrug:

It's funny when people say there's no games on the Wii U - but the same people are clamouring to get their hands on games like Infamous SS. There's more compelling software on the Wii U than there is on either the XBO or the PS4.

If great software sold consoles the Dreamcast wouldn't have died an early death.

One of the worst and trolling posts for a while. This is what's boring on the forum and it's a shame it has to descend to this type of shit. And to think it got a Thanks as well!

I was actually enjoying the discussion we were having for several pages. But if you read back through it it's quite obvious where it started turning sour and it's a shame certain members have to turn up and be over sensitive to things or overly aggressive.

Fucking LOL at the fuck a duck bit. My Mum says that all the time. :D

yeah i got that saying from my Mum. Must be a generation thing. Lord knows where the saying comes from.

One of the worst and trolling posts for a while. This is what's boring on the forum and it's a shame it has to descend to this type of shit. And to think it got a Thanks as well!

I was actually enjoying the discussion we were having for several pages. But if you read back through it it's quite obvious where it started turning sour and it's a shame certain members have to turn up and be over sensitive to things or overly aggressive.

But it isn't trolling to call the Wii U last gen or to say it has no games? Yet again the clear bias is shown.

But it isn't trolling to call the Wii U last gen or to say it has no games? Yet again the clear bias is shown.
People are allowed to have a difference of opinion on what constitutes past and current gen, I even offered up reasons as to why it wasn't as clear cut as some people make out, especially with regards to the Wii U, but if members choose to consciously overlook posts, or pick and choose for the purpose of their own opinions then I can't really do anything about that. Like Goron_3 said as well, members just choose not to acknowledge posts, and then here we are again,

It's also personal preference whether a games library appeals to someone or not. Personally I think the Wii U has a selection of great games, but if someone else see's nothing that appeals to them, then to them it doesn't.

People are allowed to have a difference of opinion on what constitutes past and current gen, I even offered up reasons as to why it wasn't as clear cut as some people make out, especially with regards to the Wii U, but if members choose to consciously overlook posts, or pick and choose for the purpose of their own opinions then I can't really do anything about that. Like Goron_3 said as well, members just choose not to acknowledge posts, and then here we are again,

It's also personal preference whether a games library appeals to someone or not. Personally I think the Wii U has a selection of great games, but if someone else see's nothing that appeals to them, then to them it doesn't.

Well I personally think the part I've bolded is utter rubbish! A generation is a time frame. People can quite obviously argue that the Wii U is underpowered, which is something we can all debate, but it is quite clearly part of this generation as that is when it was released!

I love my Wii U and am currently playing Metroid Fusion - excellent game and the first time I've played. I think with the addition of GBA games I have quite an extension collection of retail and digital downloads!

I think this is not trolling. The post I quoted was quite clearly trolling. Yet nothing is said.

Standard.

Far too often it feels on here - critisize the Wii u, an opinion. Defend the Wii u, trolling. It gets ridiculous on this forum, it's been this way for a year or so now and it gets brought up time and time again and it gets dismissed. And yes, the few times there's been criticism on other boards it's been deleted. It's beyond preposterous, yet still gets denied.

Oh well... Very slowly Nintendo fans have left the board (lens, beasts, darksnowman), more will follow, many post a lot less than they used to.

The problem with all these arguments is that they are all based on sales figures.

" the Wii U has no games" "it's too expensive" "the gamepad was a mistake" etc.

The justification is always the same "well it must be right because the system is not selling"

The gamepad not being able to play further away is a genuine flaw that Nintendo really dropped a clanger with.

All the other crap I read just makes my blood boil sometimes.

Take away the sale figures and the graphical power and all the other arguments in favour of PS4 and XB1 are just flawed, biased and in many cases just completely untrue.

There has been so much utter nonsense in the last few pages that I could not even begin to correct it all. There are far too many hindsight geniuses on here.

Far too often it feels on here - critisize the Wii u, an opinion. Defend the Wii u, trolling. It gets ridiculous on this forum, it's been this way for a year or so now and it gets brought up time and time again and it gets dismissed. And yes, the few times there's been criticism on other boards it's been deleted. It's beyond preposterous, yet still gets denied.

Oh well... Very slowly Nintendo fans have left the board (lens, beasts, darksnowman), more will follow, many post a lot less than they used to.

There are faults on both sides. People who are happy with the Wii U need to realise that there are people on here that aren't and vice versa.

The place is negative because you allow it become like this. How many people actually come on here and post about what they are playing at the moment or participate in Fused Kings weekly topics? I could easily point fingers at a bunch of posters who seem to just post in this very topic and contribute in very little else.

The gamepad not being able to play further away is a genuine flaw that Nintendo really dropped a clanger with.

All the other crap I read just makes my blood boil sometimes.

Take away the sale figures and the graphical power and all the other arguments in favour of PS4 and XB1 are just flawed, biased and in many cases just completely untrue.

There has been so much utter nonsense in the last few pages that I could not even begin to correct it all. There are far too many hindsight geniuses on here.

Eh? While you're at it you may as well take away things like the Gamepad arguments for the Wii U. Swings and round abouts.

Seriously, a lot of people seem bitter that the PS4 is doing well on here and I can't fathom why. Competition is always a good thing and it keeps everyone on their toes.

There are faults on both sides. People who are happy with the Wii U need to realise that there are people on here that aren't and vice versa.

Also, the vast majority of people unhappy with the Wii U on this forum are Nintendo fans.

You know the ignore list is the solution to this.

People who are too positive/negative for your liking get added to it. In effect you can tailor the positivity/negativity of the forum to your tastes. I've actually done this myself, and the difference it makes is huge. The Forum isn't depressing, it is once again interesting. I still get to see the full range of views, through quotes, so if a member becomes interesting they can be removed from the list.

Really really, rather than moan, just ignore people, don't address their comments directly, add them to the ignore list and continue as though they don't exist. Simples.

Think of it as a hair cut, maintaining the style you want (ease and functionality, extravagence, whatever.)

cut out the undesirable bits, and actually, after a trim here and there, and the last few pages are far more enjoyable.

People need to also realise that some people are happy with the Wii U on here and that there is nothing wrong with holding that opinion.

Also, the vast majority of people unhappy with the Wii U on this forum are Nintendo fans.

Exactly. Even those who get called out for liking another companies offerings better than Nintendos do have a Wii U, 3DS or even both.

People need to also realise that some people are happy with the Wii U on here and that there is nothing wrong with holding that opinion.

And as I said in my previous post, people also need to realise that there are people on here who aren't happy with the Wii U and Nintendo.

Sooner people realise these points and get over them the happier this place will become.

I find it hilarious how people take offence to someone dissing a console they own. If you are enjoying it then what does it matter?

Yup. I have had all the PlayStation consoles, but likewise, I've had every Nintendo console (including handhelds) since the 64, and have at least got most of the major games for each system. Not a watertight symbol of integrity by any means, but it at least shows that I try everything around before arguing a point.

On the flip side, and this is not everyone at all, but some people (such as Clownferret above) push the idea that if you strip away graphics and power then there is nothing left regarding the PS/Xbox consoles, ie. they argue that the software is unremarkable. I do wonder if people who make these remarks purposefully shield themselves from competitor's games. It's just such an untrue statement.

One thing that makes me laugh is the view that the WiiU isn't worth buying because of the lack of games... "when all the big games are out then it's a worthwhile purchase" etc posts.

Then you've got the reply of "It's got the best line-up of the 3 latest gen consoles".

Followed by "People buy the XBO/PS4 for the games that will eventually come out"

Erm, first post moot much then?

Gah, I had a massive post/reply lined up yesterday and N-Europe crashed on me. Haven't got the energy to type type type all that again.

I agree with these points about the "generation" thing. Kav's point is excellent. "It's new gen hardware, just not new gen technology."

It's new gen hardware, just not new gen technology within the hardware. It's still fair calling it new gen.

Just because I can beat up my nephews it doesn't mean that they're not the next generation in my family.

Like I said, there's no right and wrong.

You can use current generation to describe the console. Or you could use last generation to describe it in terms of what the console actually is, internally (aside from the Gamepad). Neither is wrong, really.

Dazzy, you have completely missed Shiekah's point. The Wii U isn't in the same same generation of tech specs as the other consoles, in the same way that the PS4 and XB1 use old-ish gen tech relative to new PC's. Of course, they are still current gen, just as the Wii U is.

No one defines a generation by the tech inside it, you are right, but it's not incorrect to say that the hardware, engines and code in the Wii U is a generation behind the Ps4 and XB1.

Chill out.

It clearly is murky, and whilst I get that it's part of the new generation of consoles, it won't be getting a lot of the new generation of games because it can't handle them technically. We already know this with the likes of Batman: Arkham Knight. This happened last gen, so I imagine it'll be the same, if not worse this gen.

I don't really care what we call it; new gen or next gen or current. What matters to me is that the games come. E3 for me will have to be the defining point in the Wii U's life and it'll tell us the direction it is headed. It's clear now that it won't be as successful as the Wii, which most of us assumed beforehand anyway. It can still be a success, however. The part that interests me is what Nintendo decides to do after the Wii U, because I feel that the Wii brand has died, so they'll have to reinvent themselves again. It's a good thing, imo.