NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Halo is pretty colourful...and it's vibrant. And tactically it's pretty joyous (it's like 90% about positioning).

The first Halo might just be one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Level layout is either repetitive or makes no sense, and there's absolutely nothing about the game that I could call appealing, good or memorable (except for the outdoor scenery which really was great to look at).

Either way, I haven't kept up with the series.

The series is good, but not as good as they make it out to be.

But I'm one of the weird ones who preffered 2 over all the others. So much moodier... I hear ODST is like that too, might give it a go...

I agree that Halo 1 is a turd, though.

I thought Halo 2 was always considered the better one? It's one of the few FPS games I actually really enjoy in multiplayer anyway so it must have got something right :P

effing disgusting and out of touch. :shakehead

[/center]

Lame.

:blank:

Lame, okay, but 'ffing disgusting and out of touch'...come on man...where's your inner child?

I quite like the Nintendo UK twitter atm

TyVy6aS.png

"@NintendoUK:

Hold it! Tweet us your Layton or Phoenix impressions with #tearoom or #courtroom for a chance to win a copy of their upcoming game...

...Here's Mr Shibata doing his own impressions for some inspiration! Full details here: http://ow.ly/uKUzd (2/2) pic.twitter.com/6fqmNQpeKK"

:blank:

Lame, okay, but 'ffing disgusting and out of touch'...come on man...where's your inner child?

No.

Most of that was barely coherent. Is the target market now five year olds?

Cringe.

It would be good if Mr Shibata concentrated upon Nintendo's business in Europe rather than playing dress up.

It would be good if Mr Shibata concentrated upon Nintendo's business in Europe rather than playing dress up.

DOpRFtN.jpg

They DO do both, just without a blog because blogs are so 2002.
What?...

Blogs have never been bigger, and I go on the PlayStation blog most days to see the latest new games/news/sales etc...

DK fits into Jungle beat so well though, can't imagine it with a different character.
DK fits into Jungle Beat exactly, but it didn't have to be 'Jungle' Beat :p ... it could have been anything!

Snowboard Kids and Beetle Adventure Racing on Wii U. It needs to happen.
YES please! :D

I really like the Nintendo Directs. I think Nintendo are quite unique in that approach and it's a lot warmer and friendlier than just a cold press release, a trailer and some screens on IGN.

The Nintendo Directs also seem to generate quite a buzz. I feel the way Nintendo have interacted with their fans through the Directs and Miiverse is actually a big positive.

I do like them a lot and you're right they generate ALOT of hype amongst us fans. They have gotten worse though and I wouldn't like them to replace Nintendo going to other events like E3 or stop them exploring other things. Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

You'd best leave Shibata alone, I adore that man.

I agree, he's an amazing head of Nintendo's European branch, with a great sense of humour and he's helped bring some really niche titles over here. As long as the streaming lets us see it, Shibata's section is always the best bit of Nintendo Direct!

C'mon guys, a blog format would be an absolute travesty. Outdated, overused, ineffective. Did you guys even hear about Smash Bros Dojo? Yeah I thought not. Basically some other mad Nintendo PR stunt that fell flat on its face. Apparently they're trying something similar again on a simpler level with pictures and captions but I haven't even seen it yet myself. Shows how well that's working eh! Amirite or am i right? #Iamrite.

Blogs = chumps.

Speaking of that....why isn't there an official Twitter account for the Smash Bros pictures?

God, those Super Mario 3D World image macros were embarrassing.

Over this side of the pond, Nintendo of Australia's social media is horrific. For starters, they only just joined Facebook. Secondly, people are pretty sure they're outsourcing their Facebook page to Europe (just like everything else). Posts are routinely made at 4am - it's terrible.

Maybe they just have trouble sleeping and log onto the twitter account when they're bored at night. That's the only time I use twitter :p

Then again, I don't update an account that represents a multi million pound worldwide company

I kind of think that a tumblr blog would be awesome haha

Then again the official Animal Crossing new leaf tumblr is an absolute joke that updated once in 5 months...

I thought Halo 2 was always considered the better one? It's one of the few FPS games I actually really enjoy in multiplayer anyway so it must have got something right :P

As far as multiplayer is concerned, 2 & 3 are regarded as the beasts... but 2's campaign is the most hated Halo campaign (because people wanted more Halo 1 and got a moodier and heavier campaign with a different character).

People hate ODST for the same reason, which makes me think it might be awesome, too.

I never liked Halo multiplayer in general, though (not a big enough fan of the gameplay), so they're SP-only affairs, for me.

Well the two year spacing between 1 & 2 is much more welcomed than the near ten year wait for 3.

I disagree with this, but I suspect I may be the only one...

I disagree with this, but I suspect I may be the only one...

Your not the only one. I think the 10 year gap was beneficial.

TBH! Being a Wii U owner again and seeing what games are on offer.... Cricky, its actually not THAT bad! Im really pleasantly surprised. It looks much more healthy than the old Wii game shelves I used to see with all that filler stuff.

Titles I felt like buying today:

Luigi U (I was a sucker for the green case)

Wind Waker

Deus Ex

Resident Evil Revelations

ACreed 4

Donkey Kong

Pikmin 3 (for a revisit)

Yeah, doesn't look that bad at all....I have to take back some of the negativity, its great being a Wii U owner again and the thing is it can only get better. :)

From here on, Im going to be a voice of positivity!

Your not the only one. I think the 10 year gap was beneficial.

In what way?

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost