NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

That was a long IGN video, very interesting, found myself agreeing with most of it. I've mellowed a bit on the NES Remix though I find it and Dr. Luigi overpriced for what they are and the effort put into them.

Regarding the Wii U ad, it's definitely their best effort yet. At 2 minutes long that won't be on TV though. They can seriously condense it into 30 seconds. Speaking of Wii U ads, the 3D World ads dried up very quickly. Haven't seen it in near 2 weeks. No point making ads if you don't air them.

This has to be the clearest ad I have seen Nintendo produce which actually explains what the Wii U is.

Shame its 18 months too late.

Sweet zombie jesus.

Have they got a new marketing team??

Much better advert than before! Love it.

Unfortunately I just showed it to my family and I got an interesting response.

Girlfriends Mum: So is that the Wii Sports game? We used to play that a lot.

Me: Yeah, its a newer version.

Girlfriends mum: Can't we just play the old one again? Do we actually need that tablet thing?

You win some, you lose some. Kind of proves how unpredictable the Wii market is.

Edit: 'Look for the 'U' on the box'. Made me giggle.

Edited by Goron_3

Yeah looks a lot better. Pretty surprised that they seem to be "forgetting" about Nintendo Land now that 3D World and Sports Club are out. Well... it got one clip didn't it?

Just watched that ign video. Ign began to bore me and I didn't agree with or connect with their content,but that was really really good actually, balanced debate, a genuine look at the pros and cons. Really hope the direct is a start to nintendos attack for the Wii u, they certainly need it, and although mario kart and smash will do very well, they need a stream of content big and small. Nice indies, eshop, mariokart and maybe even smash before the summer. And maybe go for a more traditnal gamer content in the autumn with bayonetta 2, X and maybe a brand new game from e3. I'm still hoping for Metroid from retro.

Actually that woud be an incredible triple bill for Nintendo. Metroid to cater for the FPS, bayonetta 2 the action game and x the rpg. Great variety.

hhhmmm...looks like they want fans to come up with adverts for them now (wait till 15seconds in)

That was a good advert but two things:

- "You can play exciting Wii U games such as Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD or Wii Sports Club" (paraphrase) - so...two of those titles are HD remakes.

- "More exciting titles coming soon" and then they showed a clip of two games. Come on, pull out all the big guns!

But still, its better. Then again, it can't have been worse eh? ^_^

That's weird, I turned on my Wii U today and on the TV where the random Miis come on the game icons had a gold frame and a crown on them instead of a clear frame like they usually do. What's up with that?

That's weird, I turned on my Wii U today and on the TV where the random Miis come on the game icons had a gold frame and a crown on them instead of a clear frame like they usually do. What's up with that?

I was gonna ask the same.. what is up with it?

If you touch the icons they show up as recommendations, but from who. Must be Nintendo, is this like the recommendations in the eShop, or does everybody get the same, which would be useless.

Just added a friend using the Friend part of the Wii U menu.

How long has that one actually sent requests for???? I thought it just was you add them, they add you, and you'll be lucky if that happens

As in you sent them a Friend Request from teh Friend List App and they recieved a Notification asking if they wanted to accept?

I was only just wondering if they had fixed that

As in you sent them a Friend Request from teh Friend List App and they recieved a Notification asking if they wanted to accept?

I was only just wondering if they had fixed that

Yeah, that's it exactly. Added their name, and instead of how it was last time I did it, it asked me to write a message for the request and they then received it.

Anyone here have the wind waker hd prima official guide book ? is this different in any way to the one that comes in the big treasure chest boxset ?

Anyone here have the wind waker hd prima official guide book ? is this different in any way to the one that comes in the big treasure chest boxset ?

I have both, but I have left the separate one unwrapped, so maybe it will have some more value later. Since I haven't opened it, I can't be certain, but they seem to be exactly the same, the cover is same, and they are the same in thickness. Both also have gold pages.

The only difference seems to be, that the separate book comes with a cloth map of the Wind Waker's world. That's not there in the Box. The quide is specifically made for Wind Waker HD, by the way.

Since I'm getting a big paycheck in 2 weeks time, I'm finally considering getting a WiiU since I care not for the Xbox One and My PS3 still has a few years more worth to me. But my mate I live with got one for Christmas, so should I bother getting one for my room? Or will there be games I'd want to play and wish I had my own to play all I want?

I'd get one so I could play Mario Kart and Smash Bros uninterrupted. If you're a fan of RPGs then Project X and SMT x Fire Emblem will make you want a Wii U of your own. If you aren't that bothered though then might as well just use your mate's... the thing is if you make an online ID on your mates one then buy your own Wii U you'll have to make a brand new ID. It's stupid how the usernames are locked to the console, of course you could just use your mate's profile for online

Since I'm getting a big paycheck in 2 weeks time, I'm finally considering getting a WiiU since I care not for the Xbox One and My PS3 still has a few years more worth to me. But my mate I live with got one for Christmas, so should I bother getting one for my room? Or will there be games I'd want to play and wish I had my own to play all I want?

Why not just roll with his for a while and see how you get on, then if it comes down to you thinking it awesome enough for your own get one then?