NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

@Clownferret you also keep mentioning that the Vita off screen stuff is a copy of the Wii U which it isnt. Sony have been working on this stuff with the PSP, long before the Wii U came out. You fixate way too much on this notion that people keep stealing stuff from Nintendo and even the cases where it is true....what does it matter?

I think the GamePad is great. The problem is games not using it properly.

It has wonderful potential, but everyone (including Nintendo) are just ignoring it.

It has wonderful potential, but everyone (including Nintendo) are just ignoring it.

I had mixed feelings on the gamepad. I enjoyed the off screen stuff but wasnt a big fan of the splitting focus between screen and tablet. I know some people love that and I figured I would too at first but after playing games for a while I didnt like having to take my attention away from the TV to do some things. Its gonna be the same with the second screen tablet stuff for other consoles, I cant see myself using it.

Having just watched the IGN review for Tearaway, there's so much potential for creativity with a device like the Gamepad and it is a shame it's not being fully utilised.

Give this a watch...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/tearaway-review

Makes me kinda jealous.

Such gameplay is perfect to be implemented into a new Mario or Zelda and I really hope we get some games that make use of the touchscreen, camera, augmented reality etc... in the future! Would be awesome.

I get some of the decisions Nintendo have been making have been to shift consoles, but hopefully the second half of the console will have amazingly creative unique experience.

EDIT:

Deleted the last two posts, I'm bored of all this, go create a thread in General Gaming for comparing whatever it is you guys want to compare.

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Having just watched the IGN review for Tearaway, there's so much potential for creativity with a device like the Gamepad and it is a shame it's not being fully utilised.

Give this a watch...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/tearaway-review

Makes me kinda jealous.

Such gameplay is perfect to be implemented into a new Mario or Zelda and I really hope we get some games that make use of the touchscreen, camera, augmented reality etc... in the future! Would be awesome.

I get some of the decisions Nintendo have been making have been to shift consoles, but hopefully the second half of the console will have amazingly creative unique experience.

EDIT:

Deleted the last two posts, I'm bored of all this, go create a thread in General Gaming for comparing whatever it is you guys want to compare.

I dunno. Nintendo has used the GamePad in some cool ways as seen in NintendoLand, Game & Wario and Wii Party U, but people deride them as gimmicks and demand Nintendo go back to "traditional" gameplay.

Still, even though it's the most mundane use...having it as a map/inventory in real-time is the truly game changing thing for me. It makes gaming so streamlined

Did the Wii U TVii stuff ever launch over here?

Annoyingly not. Nintendo either need to tell us the situation, or remove it from our menu

Annoyingly not. Nintendo either need to tell us the situation, or remove it from our menu

Why? What are you gonna do if they don't?

Why? What are you gonna do if they don't?

Well nothing except complain and shake my first in a comical manner.

I dont think they will kill it. The whole retail situation will be interesting though as I am more worried that retailers decide to pull it.

Pretty much happening on the high street already. However the e-tailers will keep demand satisfied for those that own it. Maybe it'll pick up, but without a high street presence when it does that might not be too helpful(hopefully enough people are savvy enough these days for online etc).

Just noticed Argos are now selling the game pad battery expansion thing! May have to pick one of those up before Mario comes along next week. Those who have it - is it a noticeable difference?!

Just noticed Argos are now selling the game pad battery expansion thing! May have to pick one of those up before Mario comes along next week. Those who have it - is it a noticeable difference?!

Yes very significant. But dude, I have one for sale!

Does anybody know any good deals going on the Wii U now/ in the run u pto Christmas? Trying to decide if I can justify buying it for my girlfriend for Christmas (when really it would be for me...)

Does anybody know any good deals going on the Wii U now/ in the run u pto Christmas? Trying to decide if I can justify buying it for my girlfriend for Christmas (when really it would be for me...)

http://www.game.co.uk/en/wii-u-mario-and-luigi-premium-pack-with-wii-sports-bowling-wii-sports-tennis-and-30-day-wii-u-karaoke-trial-download-252398?categoryIdentifier=233218 £219.99

I recommend the GAME deal too

In it, you get NSMBU, New Super Luigi U (on the same disc) and two codes so you get full Wii Sports Bowling and Wii Sports Tennis

Yes very significant. But dude, I have one for sale!

Interesting Jamba. In-ter-esting.

How much!

Good plan... just make sure it doesnt backfire like when Homer got Marge a bowling ball