NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

So, after much talking between us Mods and Admins we have decided to give this topic another shot. The old one will be deleted and be forgotten like a bad memory and this one will take it's place.

Ashley was kind enough to come up with some rules for the thread. Some are new, others are just explaining on what we should already be doing as members.

In light of recent events in primarily the Wii U General thread, although also spilling out elsewhere, we the admin & mod team would like to make the following points:

• People have different opinions. The intent of this place is to allow people to express those without insult, harassment or belittlement.

• Comparing how well one company is doing against another is inevitable and at times useful, but ultimately people are often talking about their feelings about a console, game or whatever. One person may think 3 great games a month is enough, someone else may not. Whether these games sell millions of copy does not "prove" one particular person is right. Respect each other's feelings, regardless of what sales figures or quotes you can find.

• Any 'negativity' towards Nintendo regarding the Wii U, is not necessarily an open criticism of the company. It could be a simple conversation about their feelings towards Nintendo. By and large, we all grew up on Nintendo. It is only natural that some people may disagree with the choices they make, or feel sad about the current console. Again, this is not necessarily them expressing negativity, but rather an emotional response to a series of actions.

• Negative stories about the Wii U are all over the place at the moment. This is still classed as news, whether you agree with it or not and the person who posts such stories should not be called out or verbally attacked for doing so, especially if a source is provided.

• Nobody but the staff have the right to tell people to "leave the forums". We welcome people here, not encourage them to leave. Anyone caught repeatedly doing that, will be forced to leave.

• If you feel that someone is being unjust, confrontational or personally insulting, then please contact the moderators. We'll admit that we let things get out of hand before, but we now have a fresh new staff of moderators that will be happy to help. Believe it or not, we want the forum to thrive too.

• We will absolutely not tolerate intentional "baiting". The forum is a place for discussions and as such you should not post within a thread with the intent to aggravate or provoke confrontation. Anyone caught doing this will be banned from that particular thread and given an infraction. If you feel we have done this unjustly, and you were generally just trying to join in the discussion, please get in touch and we will review.

• If you don't agree with someones opinion that's fine. What isn't is when the same people are arguing about a subject and the conversation is going nowhere. Either agree to disagree, let it drop or argue via PMs with that person. If it continues all members involved will be slapped with an infraction and posts deleted.

• Please remember that we have the 'Ignore User' function built into vBulletin. If you find someone that unbearable, please just ignore them rather than attacking them.

At the end of the day it's about having respect for each other, whatever their console choice. If the proper respect isn't given and people start swearing and having sarcastic digs at others then infractions will be handed out and eventually a full site ban may be in order.

While certain topics do belong here we would still encourage creating new threads where applicable.

Have fun and keep it clean!

PO_ref.jpg

: peace:

So I nearly dropped my gamepad down the stairs. That would of sucked. especially since the carpet is up right now.

WiiU Baby!

1672208_o.gif

Just to start this thread of, could someone post some sort of a release calender of the games that start with Pikmin 3...

I'd like to stress the importance of creating new threads.

Please consider before you post news in this thread whether it could support it's own individual discussion thread, or whether a piece of news could be used to start a theme for a new thread.

Just to start this thread of, could someone post some sort of a release calender of the games that start with Pikmin 3...
release dates are typically along side thread titles, but a release dates thread could also be started, feel free to create one... and new posts could keep it up to date, instead of people having to search back and update it here. Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

So I nearly dropped my gamepad down the stairs. That would of sucked. especially since the carpet is up right now.

I don't think even carpet would have saved the poor thing. Does anyone remember how much they charge for a repair? There's also a replacement cost out there somewhere, for a dude who lost his luggage with his Gamepad in; Nintendo had to invoice for the insurance iirc.

EDIT: $150! Of course, that's what they charged...it might not be wholly related to actual cost before that debate sparks up.

First party release calendar

BMlY7r5CUAEUTM6.jpg:large

I can knock one up for third party (and all) if you want. I have nothing to do today

WiiU Baby!

1672208_o.gif

Pikmin 3 is out next week.

There are no other games that start with the words "Pikmin 3".

#Magnus

First party release calendar

BMlY7r5CUAEUTM6.jpg:large

I can knock one up for third party (and all) if you want. I have nothing to do today

Yes please if you could :D

Do we know when the new peripherals are coming out that they announced in Japan? the Wiimote battery pack and the gamepad extended battery? i could do with both, lego city and The Last of Us have revealed how poor the battery life is

before anyone asks why i'm mentioning an epic PS3 game, when i'm on my ps3 i keep the game pad for the internet, and with the last of us i keep a list of artifacts up so i don't miss anything

Do we know when the new peripherals are coming out that they announced in Japan? the Wiimote battery pack and the gamepad extended battery? i could do with both, lego city and The Last of Us have revealed how poor the battery life is

before anyone asks why i'm mentioning an epic PS3 game, when i'm on my ps3 i keep the game pad for the internet, and with the last of us i keep a list of artifacts up so i don't miss anything

I actually forgot about these. I wanted to pick up the Gamepad battery myself as the thing drains horribly fast when playing Monster Hunter with a headset on.

I gave up on unplugging the charging cable when I had my Wii U

Yeah, mine is all the time. The only time I take it out is when playing Monster Hunter as it causes a terrible buzzing sound to come through the headset for some reason. It didn't do this on CoD so it must be something on the Capcom servers causing it.

Damn. Very deceiving. I thought we were getting a real Star Wars game. Angry Birds? No thanks. Got my hopes up for nothing.

It it was a real Star Wars game, it wouldn't be in the "Wii U General Discussion" thread.

Ya, it's not a Star Wars game. It's a Star Wars themed Angry Birds game. Big difference.

Still and all, it's very sarcastic. I'd delete it before someone else does.

If I could delete Angry Birds from the universe, I would. Sadly, I don't have that ability.

Hey! I just discovered something slightly neat and pointless!

The Wii U web browser uses the same Wii Motionplus pointer controls as in Skyward Sword! Try covering up the pointer when you're using the web browser with the Wiimote and you'll notice that it carries on working regardless! (though if you purposly try to throw the calibration off, you'll notice the pointer snap back into the correct place as soon as you remove your hand from the IR pointer, so it's also using the sensor bar for calibration - just like Skyward Sword!)

Strangely enough, motionplus isn't used anywhere else in the Wii U's OS - just the internet browser :confused:

Wasn't the Web Browser outsourced? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't almost all of Wii U's different apps ect. made by different teams? That could explain these differences.

Have to admit, I have never used the WiiMote while using the Web Browser.

Soul Calibur II HD not confirmed for Wii U.

what a mess.

Yes a mess no reason not to other than lack of financial sense/motivation.

Especially considering the Gamecube version of the original sold the best, despite having the lowest install base