NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Favouite films thread (its so original!)

favourite films then...

mine - 1#king kong 2#i,robot 3#operation swordfish 4# liar liar 5#shawn of the dead

:D

you can describe how you like them if you want but i wont kill you if you dont.

oh and i forgot to mention the great - catch me if you can

Princess Mononoke!!!!

[E] yay! first post!

also, do we have to describe why we like them?

1) Spirited Away

2) Princess Mononoke

3) Castle In The Sky

4) Forrest Gump

5) War Of The Worlds

All of these films really touched me. Beside WOTW. Which just immpressed me so much I exploded.

1. Cool Runnings

2. Apollo 13

3. Great Escape

4. The Green Mile

5. Hometown Legend

Quick Yammy! the edit button

1 - The whole Star Wars saga

2 - The Goonies

3 - Tron

4 - Indiana Jones Trilogy

5 - A Clockwork Orange (Not only is this a great film it's also set on Thamesmead where i live)

It's very hard to pick just 5 films tho... there are many others i could have put in that list but hmm yeah those are probably my all time favourite....

Bloodsport with Van Damme. Have probably watched it around 500 times now.

Top Secret with Val Kilmer is my all-time favorite comedy.

Otherwise Van Damme and Schwarzenegger movies are my favorites.

1. Goodfellas - My favourite film of all time, great script, great acting, great directing, Just all round great if you havent seen it watch it now.

2. City Of God - very gripping story and well acted.

3. Clerks - Top notch hilarious stuff.

4. Apocalypse Now - A war film with a twist.

5. Resevior Dogs - Better then Pulp Fiction imo but only just.

Aside from Goodfellas being number 1 expect it to change probably daily.

1.) The Chronicles of Riddick Director's Cut - I know what most of you will think but I think this movie is highly entertaining and the DC brings the killer figure back a bit.

2.) Cypher - an indy film by Vincenzo Natali (Cube) with a superb Jeremy Northam

3.) Starship Troopers - that film is genius, I like the quotes, the over the top bootcamp, the fight against the bugs, the little propaganda ads... everything

4.) Hero - a really beautiful film, just beautiful

5.) Batman Begins - a brilliant Batman film, the best ever in my opinion and Christian Bale is believable as Batman and Bruce Wayne

closing in:

6.) The Matrix - yes, the first one was actually good

7.) The Punisher - it's cruel, it's aggressive and that's why I like it

In no particular order my top 5 are

Star Wars Saga - Watching the first three (New Hope and after) when I was a wee kid just made it all magical.....been in love with Star Wars since.

Lost in Translation - Perfect film imo. I won't go into details, as I've ranted about it before.

Goodfellas - "One day the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect."

Pulp Fiction - Brilliant directing, and totally engrossing.

Se7en - A brilliant ending......and this film just plain rocks. Everyone should see it (but not if you're under 18 kiddies).

........there's loads more, but those are the ones that really stand out. :smile:

in no order..

Braveheart

Gangs of New York

King Kong

Rocky series

House of the Flying Daggers

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

4.) Hero - a really beautiful film, just beautiful

Yeah tis a great film, but out of Hero,Crouching Tiger and House of the Flying Daggers, HotFD wins it for me, because I found it very emotional.

5. Jacobs Ladder - Like Donnie Darko but about a Vietnam veteran, and superior in every way imho.

4. The Usual Suspects - Rather good romp. Nice twist at the end.

3. 12 Angry Men - Gripping drama. Nearly 50 years old, but still worth seeing

2. Pulp Fiction - Awesome and original film. Hell, you know what I'm talking about.

1. Goldfinger - Well, any Connery Bond film, really, but Goldfinger just blows everything away, from the Girl in Gold, to the convenient '007' at the end. Best film ever.

Honourable mentions to:

Donnie Darko

Back to the Future

Dog Day Afternoon

Reservoir Dogs

and Kill Bill vol. 1.

In no particular order (cause thats how I do things)

Serenity

American Beauty

Mysterious Skin

Cruel Intentions

Ghost in the Shell

no order

-lord of rings trilogy

-star wars 1,2,3 etcetc

-king kong

-spiderman2

-Men in black

Usual Suspects

Shawshank Redemption

Mississippi Burning

The Matrix

all the Die Hards

This thread has been done dozens of times, but i'm going to give the same answer:

THE ROCK

do we have to do just 5, i dont see it in the title but people done 5 hehe.

my favourites in no order are Tron, Willow, Lord of the rings, Sprited Away, Team America, Shaolin Soccer, the Waterboy, The butterfly Effect directors cut where he strangles himself in the womb at the end, its just wierd but cool. can think of any more

Erm, I'm not much of a film fan, but my top 5 would have to be..

1. The Matrix [First film was the best, second was utter shite, third was alright]

2. Die Hard 1, 2 and 3.

3. Boondock Saints [i love this film to bits.]

4. Collateral [it's times like these I wish I could spell those long complicated words :P]

5. Erm, Bruce Almighty, I guess. I've seen it a good 7/8 times, and I've laughed each time, so it's good.

Willow, that the film with the midgets in it?

yeah with the little midget wizard guy. who rides into his town on a pony because the horse would be massive copmpared to him. i dunno it was just a good film

do we have to do just 5, i dont see it in the title but people done 5 hehe.

my favourites in no order are Tron, Willow, Lord of the rings, Sprited Away, Team America, Shaolin Soccer, the Waterboy, The butterfly Effect directors cut where he strangles himself in the womb at the end, its just wierd but cool. can think of any more

omg i just remembered shaolin soccer thts hilarious, laughed so hard i nerly died

There are loads of movies I like, but in the end there can be only one. Only one that qualifies for the top spot, because I'm bad at ranking stuff.

That movie is...

Gremlinsmovieposter.jpg

WHAT'S GREMLINS, GUY? PLEASE TELL ALL!

Gremlins takes place at Christmas in the American town of Kingston Falls. An inventor named Rand Peltzer is traversing Chinatown in search of a Christmas present for his son Billy. When lured downstairs to a seedy store owned by a mysterious old man, Rand happens upon the most unlikely of creatures. A brown and white rodent creature called a Mogwai, who the elderly man's grandson sells to Rand against his grandfather's wishes. He leaves Rand with a warning about Mogwai, listing three rules by which to keep the creature:

"Listen, mister. There's three rules you gotta follow. Keep him out of bright light, he hates bright lights. Especially sunlight, it'll kill him. And keep him away from water, don't ever get him wet. But the most important rule, no matter how much he cries... no matter how much he begs... never, don't ever feed him after midnight..."

BUT WHY, GUY? WHY DOES GREMLINS WIN IT?

Gremlins is so unique. The premise and puppetry, the three rules introduced. They are both genius and ridiculous in concept, and the combination of horror and comedy creates a legendary film. A childhood favourite of mine that has lost absolutely none of it's charm as time has passed.

GUY, I HAVEN'T SEEN GREMLINS. HELP ME.

I can't help you. You fail miserably.

Sign in to follow this