NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

I am a new Wii U Owner :D

Hello!

ASDA are doing a deal for the premium where you can get it for £199 again. I told myself before that if I saw it for that price, that I'd pick it up. I've also bought ZombiU from Amazon for £16. I'm pretty happy with that so far.

I need some help. I'm on the look out for a few other games, but I also want some recommendations.

I'm on the hunt for...

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed

Need for Speed

A fighter of some type...maybe Tekken?

Batman, seems to be quite cheap.

Other ideas.

Fuck yes. So hyped for Zombi.

Hello, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...?

I dunno about that. I'm not sure I have the time or energy to get back into that. Tempted to just wait for 4 to get my fix.

Welcome to the club! :D

You need to give Lego City Undercover a look!

I always recommend NSMBU too. Although some people have said it's 'lazy', it's actually great fun to play, and gets very challenging later on.

Plus it's good fun in multiplayer too!

Don't forget to add us all on your friends list too!! : peace:

Well you already got my top pick, ZombiU. Apart from that I would easily recommend Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition. It's going for £13.85 at ShopTo at the moment. Great game which also makes great use of the Wii U GamePad. Comes with all the DLC on disc too.

From the eShop get the free Rayman Challenges App. I also recommend Bit.Trip Runner 2, all-round awesome download.

Edited by -Dem0-

I second Lego City

Batman is dirt cheap on steam, Darksiders 2 is a very good game to play if you like the legend of zelda or legacy of kain (its like they had a child)

Need for speed is certainly worth a blast too

just keep the backlog down, i got Lego city and monster hunter on launch days (a week or 2 appart iirc) and they created a huge backlog for me

Thanks for the tips, so far.

I just had a thought: Injustice? That looks pretty good and it's 19 quid on Amazon with free delivery. Has anyone played it?

I just had a thought: Injustice? That looks pretty good and it's 19 quid on Amazon with free delivery. Has anyone played it?

Its a good fighter, takes a while to get used to the combos and changes in the fighting system compared to an MK game but its fun.

(Making sure I dont make any harmless jokes about the Wii U or this will get deleted)

eShop wise, The Cave, Trine 2 and Runner 2 are all fantastic.

I forgot all about Play.com. I didn't think they were still going for some reason.

Can anyone recommend Sonic Transformed? How is it in singleplayer, multiplayer, etc? Will I get a long life out of it? Can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Worth it?

I'm craving a racer but I'm unsure about Sonic or Need for Speed. Ideally I'd get both. But, money.

I personally find Transformed to be awful with the Wii remote, so if you're playing multiplayer use the GamePad :p Actually, it could work with the Pro Controller...can't remember.

It's an entertaining enough racer anyway, not a bad punt for a few quid.

Also, fixing the thread title :heh:

If you like 2D Mario and can't be arsed to get NSMBU, I recommend New Super Luigi U. It's a great challenge in places and really makes you have to think fast.

If you do get NSMBU, then I recommend it as DLC, too :)

Nice to have you on board brother! Interesting about Asda, looked recently like they were getting shot of all their stock tbh. Not for here though.

I personally find Transformed to be awful with the Wii remote, so if you're playing multiplayer use the GamePad :p Actually, it could work with the Pro Controller...can't remember.

It's an entertaining enough racer anyway, not a bad punt for a few quid.

Also, fixing the thread title :heh:

D'oh, I made a mistake with that one. :p

What's bad about it with Wii controller? Does it use the tilting controls? Can you use the classic controller with the Wii remote at all, or does it have to be pro?

If you like 2D Mario and can't be arsed to get NSMBU, I recommend New Super Luigi U. It's a great challenge in places and really makes you have to think fast.

If you do get NSMBU, then I recommend it as DLC, too :)

Right, clear this up for me brah, because I'm confused. Do I need New Mario to play New Luigi? Is it a standalone?

I know that Daft has played it, but I believe probably on PS3. It's had pretty good ratings and owuld probably fill that fighter niche that you're after from what I hear, however I'm not a big fighter fan so don't really know myself!

Right, clear this up for me brah, because I'm confused. Do I need New Mario to play New Luigi? Is it a standalone?

They've released New Luigi standalone as a disc, BUT it's also available as paid DLC for those who have NSMBU.

D'oh, I made a mistake with that one. :p

What's bad about it with Wii controller? Does it use the tilting controls? Can you use the classic controller with the Wii remote at all, or does it have to be pro?

Seems the sensitivity is really low. Although this may be changeable, not checked tbf.

Nice to have you on board brother! Interesting about Asda, looked recently like they were getting shot of all their stock tbh. Not for here though.

Cheers, brah. I too thought ASDA were getting rid. But, they've got it back on there, so I just went for it straight away.

I know that Daft has played it, but I believe probably on PS3. It's had pretty good ratings and owuld probably fill that fighter niche that you're after from what I hear, however I'm not a big fighter fan so don't really know myself!

They've released New Luigi standalone as a disc, BUT it's also available as paid DLC for those who have NSMBU.

It's a choice between that and Tekken. Hmm.

I'm not really in the mood for a platformer, as I've got too many to finish on the Wii. But, cheers for that, because maybe I could do with it in the future.

Seems the sensitivity is really low. Although this may be changeable, not checked tbf.

Ok, cheers. It might be changeable. I'll look into it.

If you like the NSMB series then go for it, but personally I'd only invest in NSMBU if you have people to play multiplayer with! Haven't played Luigi so can't comment on that.

If you see Nintendo Land for cheap (was £17 in store in GAME last week) then you should pick it up as it's a lot of fun (especially when the controller is still a new novelty) and 5 player Luigi's Ghost Mansion is amazing!

But yes, GET TRANSFORMED. It's my favourite racer in years (you'll especially like it if you're a big SEGA fan) and I need some more people to play against online :D (Though of all the local multiplayer Wii U games, this sucks. Stick to online multiplayer!)

EDIT: Just saw you were torn between NSMB and Tekken! Get Tekken, it's really fun and worth the money just for TEKKEN BALL alone.

Edited by Josh64

Injustice is good. Not a big fan of fighters but I enjoyed this one. Wii U just got the DLC. It's getting a GotY release later this year though if you'd prefer to wait.

Have to recommend Lego City as well. I'm having a blast with this game, the humor is wonderfully silly and the game while easy, is fun and there is a lot to do in it.

Ok, fair enough man, MH3U does swallow time like a hooker blowing Chronos.

But, should you for some reason at some point consider it...it's definitely worth it. I played the crap out of Tri, yet had no problem with doing the same with MH3U. New weapons, new monsters, new quests; an ultimate version very well done.

Everyone should buy Boom Street. I still don't forgive the intro to the Super Mario 3D Worlds trailer, when I saw Mario's head in a circle like that I nearly shit my pants thinking it was Boom StreetU.

And yeah, Tank! Tank! Tank! is quite something...